Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 04 2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
That is an incorrect statement, you can purchase the chainsaw 3X3, harvester 2X2, seeder 2X2, flower harvester 3X3, and the plow 2X2 for coins. They are smaller but you are paying less for them, so you don't have to use axes and sickles.
sorry.. I know that. I was just being sarcastic. But those 2X2 and 3X3's aren't much better and if you want to hire out, you won't get any jobs because everyone wants the big machines harvesting fast and out of there.
Old Jun 04 2012, 03:58 PM

when I go to market and hire someone, I try hard to hire someone who "does not" have all the bells and whistles. I know these are very hard times. I just wish we could open more that one quest every 19 hours. I put in long growing crops and would like something to do while waiting 3/4 days.
I don't care if it takes someone a half hour to do a field. I'm not going anywhere. I just make a cup of coffee or finish up dishes.

Last edited by carolann43; Jun 04 2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added statement
Old Jun 04 2012, 05:52 PM

We used to get an even number of cash items to coin items in the new releases.. now we get "token" coin facs which don't work without their cash counterparts.

This is also not a correct statement dorissau. In all the recent facility/service additions to the game we have been given matching pairs every time which both cost either coins or cash. For instance: The circus supplies factory and the circus; the shipping supplies factory and the post office - the list goes on - are facilities which are a 'working pair' and both costs coins only, not one coin and one cash.

I agree that they used to do it sometimes whereby we could pay coin for one, then had to pay cash for its mate, but that is no longer the case and has not been for quite a few months now.

Old Jun 04 2012, 10:31 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I agree, we need to see ahead of time what factories is needed for the quest..I too will not be able to buy all the factories . I do not intend to start taking real money to buy with just to do quest..I have done many of those that I worked hours on to get to the end to find its doomed.;
Old Jun 05 2012, 01:46 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz judy View Post
I agree, we need to see ahead of time what factories is needed for the quest..I too will not be able to buy all the factories . I do not intend to start taking real money to buy with just to do quest..I have done many of those that I worked hours on to get to the end to find its doomed.;
As soon as you open the quest you can see what facilities is needed for the quest, click on the last step, for example it says to load crayons in a service facility, take and click on the last step, it will show you what is needed to make the crayons and then at the top in blue it will tell you what service facility it is loaded into. The only time there will be a problem is when there is 2 service facilities that the item can be loaded into, but just for the items that the last step is a facility, when you click on the last step it will show you which facility is needed to make that item and any facilities for any of the ingredients needed. So there is no reason someone doesn't know what facilities is needed with the exception of the 2 service facilities.
Old Jun 05 2012, 02:48 AM
Account Not Linked

What I'd like to know is what exactly does "Coming Soon" mean? Supposedly "Coming Soon" in the Quests is the opportunity to earn 1 farm cash or ingredients depending on how quickly we complete a quest. That opportunity has been "Coming Soon" for months now. As far as I'm concern that opportunity can't come "Soon" enough. I'm currently on strike! Striking against buying anymore FB Credits cards(and I've bought many in the past) until either "Coming Soon" arrives or until those of us that are catapulted to the top level are given some way of earning an occasional Farm Cash when we have no levels left to earn any.
Old Jun 05 2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmae View Post
What I'd like to know is what exactly does "Coming Soon" mean? Supposedly "Coming Soon" in the Quests is the opportunity to earn 1 farm cash or ingredients depending on how quickly we complete a quest. That opportunity has been "Coming Soon" for months now. As far as I'm concern that opportunity can't come "Soon" enough. I'm currently on strike! Striking against buying anymore FB Credits cards(and I've bought many in the past) until either "Coming Soon" arrives or until those of us that are catapulted to the top level are given some way of earning an occasional Farm Cash when we have no levels left to earn any.
'Coming Soon' in Farm Town language means 'don't hold your breath'. However, if and when it comes, I think it will open a massive can of worms for the mods because so many people will whinge if they don't get some farm cash EVERY time, and when some get one and others miss out.

I also wonder if people realise that an 'occasional' farm cash dollar is not going to go far towards our use of farm cash on our farms.

Old Jun 05 2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Most times you can scroll over the final stage of a quest when you open it and it will show you what facility is required for the final product, thus giving you the chance to ignore it if you don't have, or don't want to buy the fc facility needed rather than going through the stages before having to abandon it.

The icon for quests is a 'mystery dice' which means that we are not supposed to know what we are going to be doing before we open it.
I have been doing the quests since they first started and have had to let at least 3 quests expire because of not having the facility needed to complete it, I have never been able to see the icon of the facility needed to complete before I start, the only time I see the icon is when I am going to the next step of the quest.

Quite honestly I don't see the quest cube as a Mystery Dice for the quests, but just as a chest making you curious to open, and in my opinion you shouldn't have to waste your time going through the quests only to find you can't complete it.
Old Jun 05 2012, 08:32 AM

I find using the gameguide pretty useful, the facilities chapter lists every facility and what they produce. I just use a find (ctrl + f) and type what i want to find, and it will show that item, and where it's made.

the facilities chapter can be located here http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478002

It also lists if its a farmcash or coin facility

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jun 05 2012, 08:57 AM

thank you for those tips Rob, I will keep them in mind and see if they help with my problem :-)