Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 26 2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattipo View Post
I have the same problem. My forklift works............... I can store my items in the facilities, however I cannot buy the next one because it is LOCKED.
Do you have your fork lift in storage ?
Old Sep 26 2011, 01:06 PM

instead of producing 28 barrels oil now to produce 56 is great... basically... but that won`t help me if the time to produce each is not cut to half... or if friends cannot help me producing them faster. Someone has not thought about that issue.
Old Sep 26 2011, 01:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
yeah probably, but....BUT.....

until just recently with more farms, the time-saving Combine, the Super Pooper, and the Water Sprinkler, I guess you would have to "triple stagger" all the little crop space just to get any crops. And most of the better paying facilities are very recent..... so

perhaps if you work/worked 24/7 the last few months..... hmmmmm

There are lots of people with over a billion xps and some got that many before all the farms and facilities. I don't know how they did it but they are out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rposer@googlemail.com View Post
instead of producing 28 barrels oil now to produce 56 is great... basically... but that won`t help me if the time to produce each is not cut to half... or if friends cannot help me producing them faster. Someone has not thought about that issue.
I am not really sure what you are wanting but the time has been cut in half. Before yesterday it took you 7 days to get 28 barrels of crude oil now it only takes 3.5 days to get 28 barrels of crude oil. I use 99% of my crude oil for petrochemical production because I do not need fuel right now and if I was to refuel I would have around 3 million units of fuel so no need to make fuel right now. That leave me with enough crude oil to fill 2 oil refineries of petrochemical barrels 3 times a week.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 26 2011, 02:27 PM

More cheese!! Thanks for the updates, but I have 3 dairy factories, and there are so many things that need cheese, I can't make enough even with 3 factories...
Old Sep 26 2011, 04:01 PM

Unhappy Great release - BUT...

This was a great release, the "store all" is fantastic, it relieves us of some of the tedium of playing the game.

However, I do have one small problem with this release. The size and scale of the new facilities doesn't fit in with some of the older facilities. I've been playing for several years now and I remember complaining about how much space the refinery took, but I think at this point we are going a little too far in the other direction. Now that we have multiple farms, we can stand to have some slightly bigger buildings. A Hospital the same size as a bakery, (or a bakery the size of a hospital) doesn't look right.

I can solve the problem by grouping like sized buildings on the same farm but I shouldn't have to do that. I was going to put a helipad next to the hospital, but it looks all wrong when compared to the "toy" helicopter on top of the hospital.

Perhaps some larger alternative views can be developed for things like hospitals, schools, airports, train stations, etc...

Remember the core of the farm town gamers have always been involved with decorating their farms, not being slaves to facilities. The facilities are only a means to gather enough cash to buy the things we want for decoration.

Anyone else agree that there should be a better scaling of facilities....
Old Sep 26 2011, 05:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Keef

would be good if they could make sending and recieving gifts easier and quicker
Old Sep 26 2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
This was a great release, the "store all" is fantastic, it relieves us of some of the tedium of playing the game.

However, I do have one small problem with this release. The size and scale of the new facilities doesn't fit in with some of the older facilities. I've been playing for several years now and I remember complaining about how much space the refinery took, but I think at this point we are going a little too far in the other direction. Now that we have multiple farms, we can stand to have some slightly bigger buildings. A Hospital the same size as a bakery, (or a bakery the size of a hospital) doesn't look right.

I can solve the problem by grouping like sized buildings on the same farm but I shouldn't have to do that. I was going to put a helipad next to the hospital, but it looks all wrong when compared to the "toy" helicopter on top of the hospital.

Perhaps some larger alternative views can be developed for things like hospitals, schools, airports, train stations, etc...

Remember the core of the farm town gamers have always been involved with decorating their farms, not being slaves to facilities. The facilities are only a means to gather enough cash to buy the things we want for decoration.

Anyone else agree that there should be a better scaling of facilities....

The Devs addressed (somewhat) the issue of the $28FC Stable in relationship to the Clydes.....

And they have offered an alternate view on some of the buildings.

Perhaps they can offer an alternate "view" to a bunch of facilities at a time... 5-10 each month or so.... and the "view" would actually be a scale that would aim to have ALL..... ALL .... buildings and facilities in one scale sometime in the future..

maybe by the time farm #18 is released.

okay... let's get this going.. farm #12 and some new views and toys to buy..... any day would be fine with me./

Old Sep 26 2011, 06:57 PM

The problem with having buildings in scale is that some of the buildings would be HUGE if they were in the proper scale.... and if they were small enough to actually fit on your farms, the vehicles, avatar, and animals would be so tiny by comparison that you would have to zoom right in just to see them.... and they would pixel into unrecognizability. We have to put up with some illogical size relationships for the sake of being able to see everything.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Sep 26 2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

There are lots of people with over a billion xps and some got that many before all the farms and facilities. I don't know how they did it but they are out there.

I am not really sure what you are wanting but the time has been cut in half. Before yesterday it took you 7 days to get 28 barrels of crude oil now it only takes 3.5 days to get 28 barrels of crude oil. I use 99% of my crude oil for petrochemical production because I do not need fuel right now and if I was to refuel I would have around 3 million units of fuel so no need to make fuel right now. That leave me with enough crude oil to fill 2 oil refineries of petrochemical barrels 3 times a week.
wow. how did you get so much fuel? That's all I make as there is not enough for both (for me).
Old Sep 26 2011, 09:04 PM

Last time I fueled up I got over 4 million tanks of gas lol! It has been months and I still have over 2m left.