Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 03 2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaldimar View Post
I don't own either of the sprinklers and reading about all the troubles I am sure I don't want them at all. But somehow along with the changes for the sprinklers, came a slight mishap with the watering can itself. Perhaps they are connected? When I water flowers with the can, some suddenly look half grown instead of mature and all say "ready in one minute" whether they are or not. I wish they had left the water system alone.
I love the concept, I just hope they will work out the bugs!
Old Sep 08 2011, 07:44 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default What if?

Reading all of the troubles and issues with the sprinklers brings up a question I'd like answered if anyone can do so. I have never bought either sprinkler, but now I find I could use the benefits of the brown one. I certainly do not want the red one for sure, so if I purchase the brown one and NOT the red one, will the brown work and water flowers only as it was originally designed to do? Or is it now just plain useless regardless?
Thanks.

Farm Town isn't about the destination, it's about the journey!

Level 385

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 08 2011, 10:31 AM

I knew it did not quicken harvest time but also found out that if someone else waters your farms then you will not be able to use the red sprinkler to irrigate the farms they watered until the time period is up. I do hope this is a glitch and they are working on fixing this soon. I wrote to all my neighbors asking them to please not water my farms since I want to irrigate them when i plant.
Also I wish the farm was irrigated (like when you fertlize) and not just the crop.
Old Sep 08 2011, 11:43 AM

If we cannot use our brown sprinkler any more.. then I think you should refund the CASH we spent to buy it. This is beyond ridiculous that we cannot just water our flowers and not accelerate them or make it impossible to later water a crop. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED... or just give me back my MONEY. I keep posting this complaint !
!!!
Old Sep 08 2011, 02:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad Shadow View Post
I believe if someone else waters for you it does NOT quicken the harvest time. Would be a shame it your 4 day crop goes to waste whilst you are away. It also makes a mockery of the belt system. I worked for the belts, waiting days for it to happen.

Only you can speed up the growth of your crops but they will not go to waste quicker then if you didn't speed up the growth. Lets say you plant a 4 day crop and don't water it it will go to waste in 8 ft days. That is 4 growing days and then 4 days to harvest the crop. Now if you speed up the growth right after you plant the crop then it the crop will still go to waste in 8 ft days. The only difference is the 4 day crop will be ready to harvest in 2 ft days instead of 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Country Girl View Post
I knew it did not quicken harvest time but also found out that if someone else waters your farms then you will not be able to use the red sprinkler to irrigate the farms they watered until the time period is up. I do hope this is a glitch and they are working on fixing this soon. I wrote to all my neighbors asking them to please not water my farms since I want to irrigate them when i plant.
Also I wish the farm was irrigated (like when you fertlize) and not just the crop.

That is not completely true. The way it is supposed to work is if someone waters your farm you can still water your farm to speed up growth right after them, this does work as long as you have crops on the farm. The glitch in this seems to be the people that only have flowers on the farm and no crops it will not let them water the farm after someone else waters for them. They have to plant something for the red sprinkler to work. Once something is planted it will speed up the growth of the crops and flowers. Hopefully that will be fixed soon because some people like myself have a flower only farm.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 08 2011, 03:49 PM
Account Not Linked

When a neighbour or a friend waters your flowers, you can still use the red sprinkler to speed up the growth of your crops.

I do agree that we should be able to use the brown sprinkler only to water our flowers without speeding up the crop growth.
Old Sep 08 2011, 05:38 PM

NB: I don't harvest my flowers, I only have them as decorations. And it's really not anything near some Decoration, when they're showing just a lot of "black spots",. Now I have to go back to "the Good Old Days" when I had to hide my flowers, because i didn't have time to water them with the Watering Can!!
Old Sep 09 2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
If we cannot use our brown sprinkler any more.. then I think you should refund the CASH we spent to buy it. This is beyond ridiculous that we cannot just water our flowers and not accelerate them or make it impossible to later water a crop. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED... or just give me back my MONEY. I keep posting this complaint !
!!!
I'm guessing it was an oversight on the part of the devs to disable our brown sprinklers on our own farms. I'm sure they will fix the problem. They probably also didn't think that we would all be NOT HAPPY to have a tool taken that we were made to pay farm cash with.

Raul usually know what we are all whinging about, so I'm sure he'll fix it .... but I know that for some NOW would be good.

Old Sep 09 2011, 08:25 AM

In the meantime - while we await the return of our beloved brown sprinkler - this game was always about networking and helping each other - ask your neighbours to water your flowers - water theirs - you get paid for watering someone else's flowers and it costs you to do it on your own farm. And yes I understand that if they have 11 Farms all with flowers it may take a few minutes - but if you are hired to work for them - why not on each farm - just turn on the flowers briefly - water and move to the next.

Raul & the Team have listened to us before and I know that they will be working on this issue as we speak - let's give them a little time to get it right.

Happy Farming

Take Care and Have fun

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...406&farm_ix=12

Level 385 : Player Since August 3rd 2009

Charlie
Old Sep 09 2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinbee View Post
I love the sprinkler but I paid 50 farmcash for this and after a farm is ready and harvested and plant a new one it should help out for the new planted farm now i have to wait 9 hours before I can use it again.And that was lot of farmcash to spend on that.
I just found this thread, and i went in and read exactly what the developer said the sprinkler would do before i bought it...now i can not irragate my farm for 18 hours, in my mind this is a rip off, and very misleading ...i think because it was not included in what the sprinkler will do, i should be able to get a refund on this 50 farm cash for nothing!!!! But then again, my mom wrote the support at farm town about a farmtown cash gift she never received last week, and they have said nothing....this is the last money i will use on this rip off sight....i will also contact my credit card holder and let them know i feel i have been a victim of fraud, as well as my mother, and another friend that the same thing happened to.....

Last edited by brendaboo1967; Sep 09 2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: left out something