Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 02 2011, 05:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to suenew Send a message via MSN to suenew Send a message via Yahoo to suenew Send a message via Skype™ to suenew

thankyou Nannajina. i always thank the people who help me. yes it does make you feel good
manners cost nothing.
Old Mar 02 2011, 06:22 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

again i ask what your avatar name is.pm it to me but i want to know so i can make sure i always say thank you to you.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 05 2011, 03:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Hi, you may remember me from a couple of pages back as the guy who hired the rude psycho.

Well, here is another winner: Last night I hired some people to harvest on my farms, and left, as I usually do. When I came back online later, one of them had left me a PM, as sometimes happens. I always reply to PM's unless they say something like 'plow', because if someone can't even be bothered to form a sentence, I can't be bothered to reply. Otherwise, if someone leaves me a message, I feel it polite to send them one in return.

This person thanked me for the hire and asked how old I was. Now, questions as to my age, religion, or political affiliation always bother me a bit because it bears no relevance in a game. Nonetheless, I replied with 'You are welcome (PERSONS NAME), I am 40'.

Today, logging in, they sent me a reply reading "leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Sigh.

So basically, what I have learned this week is you cannot:
1. Hire people, because they will go mental on you.
2. Reply to PM's, because if you do, they will go mental on you.
3. Probably play this game, because it will slowly make you mental.

Thank you for letting me vent again!
Old Mar 05 2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBee View Post
Hi, you may remember me from a couple of pages back as the guy who hired the rude psycho.

Well, here is another winner: Last night I hired some people to harvest on my farms, and left, as I usually do. When I came back online later, one of them had left me a PM, as sometimes happens. I always reply to PM's unless they say something like 'plow', because if someone can't even be bothered to form a sentence, I can't be bothered to reply. Otherwise, if someone leaves me a message, I feel it polite to send them one in return.

This person thanked me for the hire and asked how old I was. Now, questions as to my age, religion, or political affiliation always bother me a bit because it bears no relevance in a game. Nonetheless, I replied with 'You are welcome (PERSONS NAME), I am 40'.

Today, logging in, they sent me a reply reading "leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Sigh.

So basically, what I have learned this week is you cannot:
1. Hire people, because they will go mental on you.
2. Reply to PM's, because if you do, they will go mental on you.
3. Probably play this game, because it will slowly make you mental.

Thank you for letting me vent again!
I get stalkers and people looking for dates as well, sometimes if I am in a mood I will keep answering them..rudely but they don't seem to notice. If I am not in a mood, I nicely remind them that I could be anybody, a psycho killer, a man posing as a woman, a pedophile etc etc if they ask me which one I am I usually tell them i have so many personalities it's hard for me to keep track, but the last one went on a murderous rampage. lol....sometimes they leave me alone, sometimes they don't.

I don't always stick around to hire to plow, I don't always hire the harvester to do my plowing. If I ask them if they want to and they don't reply, I go back to market and hire someone to do so....I once had someone ask me why I didn't hire him to plow but went and got someone else instead, I told him I asked him several times and got no reply...he them replied "I can't read, so I didn't know what you were saying" ...hmm you were able to reply to me and respond with a meaningful response, but you can't read??? He then wrote back and said he cannot read the word "plow"..I wrote back and asked him why he could type it but not read it....didn't hear from him after that. It made my night really lol. For those who seem to really need to know my age I usually tell them I am 92....my 8 year old told me I was 92 when she was about 4, so I just stuck with it lol.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Mar 07 2011, 10:30 AM

Level:
XP:
Default The Miserable Hiring Market

I can't hire because of the constant offers popping up in front of the other pop-ups. This is an idiotic situation which has received an endless litany of complaints here - to no avail. Why hasn't this been repaired and how long will it take? For some reason, the SC's concentrate on such minutia as water color while major playability issues go unresolved for months. We have enough problems with "Server Timeouts" etc - is there any chance that the Market will be repaired this year?
Old Mar 07 2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKB View Post
I can't hire because of the constant offers popping up in front of the other pop-ups. This is an idiotic situation which has received an endless litany of complaints here - to no avail. Why hasn't this been repaired and how long will it take? For some reason, the SC's concentrate on such minutia as water color while major playability issues go unresolved for months. We have enough problems with "Server Timeouts" etc - is there any chance that the Market will be repaired this year?
The same thing happens in the sell and buy market. Ask for something and either get ignored or several offers pop up deleting the previous offer. This is especially annoying when someone sends you a few hundred of something only to be knocked out by someone sending 1 item.
Old Mar 07 2011, 11:25 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
The same thing happens in the sell and buy market. Ask for something and either get ignored or several offers pop up deleting the previous offer. This is especially annoying when someone sends you a few hundred of something only to be knocked out by someone sending 1 item.
Yes. I have about given up on the Buy and Sell market. Good concept but a very poor implementation. I guess the Hiring Market problems irritate more simply because it's been around and malfunctioning for so much longer.
Old Mar 15 2011, 09:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Exclamation What happen

Did the board have a melt down? All posts from 7th march has disappeared.
Old Mar 15 2011, 09:55 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
Did the board have a melt down? All posts from 7th march has disappeared.
Hello,

No, i still see posts for that date.
If you were looking for a specific post that has been answered and closed it may have been moved to the appropriate area.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 16 2011, 09:33 PM

Default Get rid of layered fields

It's a pain in the rear to harvest and plow layered fields. And when people ask you to chop trees that have been layered on top of crops, it goes so slow! Please disable the whole layering option. I'm tired of it.