Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 27 2011, 09:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
lol i couldn't load my facilities knew they were up to something... i am guessing since the valentine's is all from last year there is more to come.. this was just a taste..... can't wait to see what new stuff we get.....heading to check my water stuff....

There is a few new things in the store, not sure if there will be more new stuff or if this is it.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jan 27 2011, 09:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

wow the water is great... and finally my bait is showing up it said minus before... wonder if they will change the waterfall colors?? not sure if it is needed or not..... what do you think ??

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 27 2011, 09:47 PM

LOVE the new water color - but I went to exchange some gifts into bait and it won't let me exchange. It just takes me to my farm. WAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My Farms
Old Jan 27 2011, 09:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by moravia View Post
LOVE the new water color - but I went to exchange some gifts into bait and it won't let me exchange. It just takes me to my farm. WAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Just visited the help section..they are aware and looking into it...I blame the teddy bears
Old Jan 27 2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarawa View Post
Just visited the help section..they are aware and looking into it...I blame the teddy bears
Me too - sneaky little devils. Good to know it's getting cleared up.

My Farms
Old Jan 27 2011, 11:05 PM

Level:
XP:

After looking over and thinking more about the new color of the water, I have to say that there is a definite improvement in that there is a bigger spectrum of colors (i.e. not just a single solid color) and not such a bright royal blue. I particularly like the big lake, especially how there is an area of lighter greenish blue near the shore. But I would have been happier if the rivers had not been such a dark blue, and if there had been more of that lighter greenish blue that I mentioned in them, and also some little grayish and whitish blues and maybe even a few bits of slightly purplish blue tones. Also, with the edges of the rivers so much darker than the rest, it really looks odd now where people overlap them, as they very commonly do; because of that, I think the edges should not be so much different from the middle of the river.

As for the seacoasts, I can see why you might want them to be the same color as the rivers, since many people make layouts where rivers flow into seacoasts, but really, if you Google images of seacoasts, you will see that in most cases the water is a much lighter almost aqua color (not surprising since the word aqua is Latin for water).

So I applaud and thank you for your efforts to respond to the complaints about the colors, and I think there are some definite improvements. I also acknowledge that it's pretty hard to please everybody. But at the same time, I think using generally lighter (and some greener and whiter) shades of blue would make them a lot better still. Try Googling images of seacoasts, lakes and rivers, and I think you will see what I mean.
Visit 's Farm

Last edited by earlgray; Jan 28 2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old Jan 27 2011, 11:23 PM

Level:
XP:

Valentine Teddy bear Gremlins are holding the bait hostage

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 27 2011, 11:32 PM

Love the water and the new Valentine items! I really like the Valentine store and house!!
Old Jan 28 2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsewdm View Post
Now I have 8 dairies. Still not enough cheese. I like the smokehouse a lot, but have issues with being able to get salt and bait by gift only. Between all the rivers, lakes, and seacoasts plus the salt, I need a minimum of 20 gifts a day just for those. I will never be able to get any more trees, hens, or cows at that rate. I wish bait and salt was available from the fish farm or the truck.
Is it too early to beg for farm 9 so I can get another dairy?
LOL I have no trouble keeping up with bait and salt. I want to see my major facility farm at 100% but I kept running out of cheese so I fixed my issue by posting a link but I do it so late only the neighbors I'm related to work them and they only do the things I want done. I haven't yet gotten it to 100% utilization thanks to my Petrochemical Plant being on there. But one thing I think we need is to have cheese available as a gift and somehow be able to collect salt from at least the seacoasts. Not to mention making bait available for purchase. But for now, I'm happy because I get enough bait and have no plans to buy any other bodies of water other than another large lake with boat so I can get more salmon to use in my smokehouse.
Old Jan 28 2011, 12:27 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Borgies View Post
Is it just my computer or has the blue for the sea and rivers changed? I rather like how the colours now match!
It changed. Now the seacoast water which was a more pleasant, lighter shade of blue/deep aqua is the same color as the river sections, ponds and lakes. All are a ridiculous, ugly dark blue (as though someone upset a tank car of dark blue dye in the water. Ugly, ugly, ugle.

I was one of those who had early on suggested a more natural lighter greenish-grayish-blue color for the water features. Seriously, I don't think this new artificial looking dark blue color was what most of us had in mind when we suggested a change.
I hid, as best I could, the river sections with trees, paths and boulders. Used small seacoasts to simulate a river on one of my farms because the color looked better and used pairs of small seacoasts as lakes on two farms (might as well delete those now). .... Maybe one or more of the swimming pools could be used for lakes. Since I don't fish my water, it's for decoration only.
Closed Thread