Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 08 2011, 05:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to This View Post
I am having the same problam and have posted as much here in the Forum. So far, no one knows, or they do not care, to explain what I am doing wrong or how I can rectify the situation. So far, I have send bonuses to all my neighbors over the past three days now as often as I can and I have not received a single item.
Would guess no one really knows at this point. Heck up until earlier today I didn't even know there was a second thread about this. Now where do I post here or the other thread?
Old Jun 08 2011, 05:26 AM

I don't think it's fair that you can only send bonuses to a person once every 3 hours. After all, they *earned* that bonus, it shouldn't be the same as a gift that no one did anything to earn. All your friends should be able to send you all your bonus awards that you have worked for.
Old Jun 08 2011, 05:36 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones View Post
I don't think it's fair that you can only send bonuses to a person once every 3 hours. After all, they *earned* that bonus, it shouldn't be the same as a gift that no one did anything to earn. All your friends should be able to send you all your bonus awards that you have worked for.
Unless you're on a server that hasn't been updated the bonuses are now helping a friend once every 12 hours. If your friends posts are staggered like mine it has become cumbersome to search through the feeds (especially right now with the game feeds not working and having to go to my main feed) to click and help only to find out I still need to wait 12 hours for some who posted later than others.
Old Jun 08 2011, 05:36 AM

I noticed most of the changes yesterday and clarity of the belts and the benefits for yourself, neighbors and those that you hire is indeed a good thing.

However, I'm waiting for the belts for the animals, as I run out of hen eggs, cow milk and sheep wool all the time. And I really don't like having sheep running all over the place on a farm, nor do I like the idea of spending $5 Farm Cash for additional hens as I have already bought 35 of them or $5 cows as I have bought 20 of them also. However if that’s what I need to do then I will continue to do that also. Farm 10 will help in that area also.

Thanks for the belts by the way, I think those will add additional people to play the game of Farm Town over the future years.
Old Jun 08 2011, 06:15 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoxman View Post
Written by someone who hasn't developed software.

The belts addition first of all was not completely thought out all the way. Hence the post implementation changes. stuff like 12 hours not working, posting a belt bonus that I can't collect on, etc...are prime examples of slop that wasn't thought out and wasn't tested. Beta testing is NOT where you clean up programming screwups and start applying logical thought. you catch those in unit and system testing BEFORE implementation.

Belts in their current state = useless. I've stopped bothering.
In general, you should expect to run into bugs whenever using any piece of beta software. These bugs may range in severity, from minor features that don't work to problems that cause your computer to crash. Before choosing to use a piece of beta software, you should decide whether the benefit of new features in a beta program outweighs the risk of program instability.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 08 2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgie247 View Post
Unless you're on a server that hasn't been updated the bonuses are now helping a friend once every 12 hours. If your friends posts are staggered like mine it has become cumbersome to search through the feeds (especially right now with the game feeds not working and having to go to my main feed) to click and help only to find out I still need to wait 12 hours for some who posted later than others.
Well you can send a bonus again after 12 hours I think. It's just that you don't get your share from that friend's bonus if you have exceeded your limit for the 12 hours. But I still help them anyway, because it doesn't actually cost me anything and it's nice for them to get the bonuses.
Old Jun 08 2011, 07:59 AM

Would love to see the "belt system" changed to something more farm. Number one a first degree black belt is called a 1st Dan in marshal arts--one and the same....Would be more farm if these rewards could be based on a county fair ribbon theme----Best of Show instead of Black belt----Red Ribbon for second highest--and so forth.
Old Jun 08 2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beans75@yahoo.com View Post
Would love to see the "belt system" changed to something more farm. Number one a first degree black belt is called a 1st Dan in marshal arts--one and the same....Would be more farm if these rewards could be based on a county fair ribbon theme----Best of Show instead of Black belt----Red Ribbon for second highest--and so forth.
There is a name for this system: "Farmville."

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Jun 08 2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohn726 View Post
I noticed most of the changes yesterday and clarity of the belts and the benefits for yourself, neighbors and those that you hire is indeed a good thing.

However, I'm waiting for the belts for the animals, as I run out of hen eggs, cow milk and sheep wool all the time. And I really don't like having sheep running all over the place on a farm, nor do I like the idea of spending $5 Farm Cash for additional hens as I have already bought 35 of them or $5 cows as I have bought 20 of them also. However if that’s what I need to do then I will continue to do that also. Farm 10 will help in that area also.

Thanks for the belts by the way, I think those will add additional people to play the game of Farm Town over the future years.
It takes 2 days to get more wool - early in the game the 1 day milk was changed to every 8 hours. Isn't it time to shear the animals more often?
Old Jun 08 2011, 11:50 AM

Define 12 hours, I have neighbors that I have not sent anything in over 24 hours, yet I continue to get the message.
Closed Thread