Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 24 2010, 06:05 PM

[quote=SueW170;4079706][color="DarkGreen"]A cantaloupe is a mellon --

A cantaloupe (also spelled without the "e") is a MELON. When I go to the marketplace, the notice also says loading WATERMELLON. Somebody at your site really likes double-l's!!
Old Oct 24 2010, 06:10 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Jul 05 2010
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Well I see you might have woke up on the wrong side of the farm.

I am not nuts. But I am entitled to my opinion as we try to simply discuss the "complaints" of others.

Since I am not the developer, I can hardly TELL anyone how to play the game. Too bad the forum is so full of complaints and not so full of solutions or suggestions to the complaints.

You have the choice to play under the guidelines and the limitations of the game or not to play.... just as I do. Personally I think the game has become much easier than ever. Reaching a billion coins is quite easy. Buying (for FTcash) is also quite easy.

My suggestion - to use coin only - also included making the FTcash cost higher as one progresses through the game. My opinion.

Seems like whatever the developers do, some one complains with a comment that it "is not fair" or maybe "it is too expensive" or "it is unreasonable".

I thought that most posters here were civil..... my mistake.

okayy well i think one i have no idea how on earth you think its incredibly easy to make 1 billion a day i personally think its still just as hard to make coins considering for two weeks now i been saving up and have only gotten to 20 mill which is the highest amount of coins ive ever had, two i think that they should leave things the way they are with buying farms because one if they make them coins ONLY they will lose money because people wont be buying fc to upgrade farms two if they raise the ammount of fc needed to upgrade people will just go the coins route. or they will simply quit playing or not upgrade their farms.

Visit connie's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 24 2010, 06:14 PM

I'm so happy farm town is making so many changes and upgrades. It is AWESOME!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

Sandie Angel )
Old Oct 24 2010, 06:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Will it be possible, when the trading of goods takes effect, to sell someone a PORTION of one's stock? In other words, let's say I have 2,000 units of wheat (and let's ignore the "large" loads vs. regular loads to simplify). Can I choose to sell someone only 500 units of wheat, or will I have to sell all 2,000?
Old Oct 24 2010, 06:33 PM
Account Not Linked

I definitely agree with what several have said - this is an amazing update, but an unlimited option when selling to other farmers would be fantastic! I bought some items from a neighbor and (thinking the limit was only in each individual deal and not for that amount for the entire 12 hours) went to buy some things from my husband and saw that he couldn't sell to me yet . I love the addition of the feature - but some minor tweaking can make it even better ;-).

Now if we can get some type of manure spreader to double the amount of fruit from trees (so I can get rid of half my trees and free up a ton of room) would make this the perfect game .
Old Oct 24 2010, 06:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerBenwa View Post
Will it be possible, when the trading of goods takes effect, to sell someone a PORTION of one's stock? In other words, let's say I have 2,000 units of wheat (and let's ignore the "large" loads vs. regular loads to simplify). Can I choose to sell someone only 500 units of wheat, or will I have to sell all 2,000?
Yes you can choose. It goes from 50 to 500 and you can also choose the mark up price. From above 50% to 10%. At market price or 10% below.

Also you can only sell 500 units to one person each 12 hours.
Old Oct 24 2010, 06:42 PM

[quote=_A_S_H_L_E_E_;4079890]I definitely agree with what several have said - this is an amazing update, but an unlimited option when selling to other farmers would be fantastic! I bought some items from a neighbor and (thinking the limit was only in each individual deal and not for that amount for the entire 12 hours) went to buy some things from my husband and saw that he couldn't sell to me yet

Does this mean that some players have received the option of inter-selling and some of us DID NOT???
Old Oct 24 2010, 06:47 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjimmyxx View Post
hear you go
Thank you - I've been planing to buy one now, but have realised that in order to get this 'view' of it, I still appear to have to clear a spot capable of fitting the full size old one on it first .... Grrrrrr

Old Oct 24 2010, 07:38 PM

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
XP:

Yes, they are lovely, very nice design. When I suggested cedar trees, I was thinking of the Western Red Cedar (US) which is tall, like pines and Douglas fir trees. The wood of the Western Red Cedar is used in making shingles for siding and roofs, decks and outdoor furniture. I'll have to look up cedar trees and see if I can fine what type ours in FT are.
Although I've no plan to get the Essential Oils Facility, I've bought quite a few of the cedar trees to add variety to my forests. They also look attractive around the woodland theme layout buildings. One of the best tree designs since the cherry tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
The new cedar trees are quite lovely; I wish they could be rotated.
Old Oct 24 2010, 07:48 PM

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
XP:
Default My toolbar is horizontal and has no green arrow

Thanks Raul, I am eager to use the extended tool bar, but I do not find it anywhere. Is there something I need to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. 7 trees: Cedar, Star, Pecan, Tamarind, Pistachios, Papaya and Autum Tree.

2. 9 crops: Green Beans, Cantaloupe, Spinach, Cauliflower, Rhubarb, Oregano, Lavender, Sesame Seeds and Parsley.

3. 17 new Halloween items (Coins): These were launched a few days ago.

4. New, smaller version of the Oil Refinery: Use the 'Switch View' option from the item menu.

5. Extended Tool Box: The tool box vertical bar now have a green arrow on top, when you click on it, it will expand and display every single tool in the game, including the Mobile Sprinkler, Chainsaw, Boat, Manure Spreader and all Seeders. A few observations:

- If you have a tool on the current farm or on the item storage you can access it from the expanded tool box as well.

- If you have a tool on storage, you can also use the less powerfull version of that tool even if you don't own it, for example, if you own a 3x3 Seeder, you can also use the 2x2 and 2x1 Seeders.

- When you launch the Manure Spreader from the extended tool box, you'll have to click anywhere on the farm to fertilize it, you'll see a quick animation when you do this. You can also navigate to another farm and continue fertilizing. In a few days, this will also be the behaivor when fertilizing farms using the Manure Spreader tool located on a farm.

6. 4x4 Seeder, 4x4 Harvester and 4x4 Plower (FC): Plant 16 fields at a time.

7. Inter-User Trading of Primary Products [To be launched later today or tomorrow]: A new option in the avatar menu named 'Sell Products To' will allow you to sell your PRIMARY products to other users that need them for their facilities.

- Primary Products are products comming directly from plants (fruits and vegetables), from animals, flowers or fish.
- The purchaser don't need to be a friend or a neighbour of the seller, this option can be used everywhere, including the market.
- Every user can purchase as much as 500 products from other users every 12 hours. Notice this is almost a full farm of crops, or many fish or animals products that you can buy without having to work for them wasting space and time.
- The Total Price that the seller and purchaser see may be different, as purchaser is always paying the price for a Medium Box, even if seller is selling a combination of large and medium boxes. The difference comes from the Mayor, so the the seller don't lose money either.
- The Seller can sell the products:

1. 10% below market price: If seller wants to give a friend a break even at his expense

2. At market price: this will be the same as selling the products to the mayor, but it may be convenient sometimes when users want to sell products to each other

3. 10-50% above market price: In this case the seller is making a profit, but it may still be a good deal for purchasers if they put those products to good use on their facilities

8. Petrochemical Plant (Coins): Allows you to produce Ethanol. It requires Petrochemical Barrels as input, which you can produce in the Oil refinery. In the future this plant will also produce nylon, plastics and other products.

9. Essential Oils Plant (Coins): Allows you to produce Essential Oils.

Pink Roses Essential Oil -> notice that pink roses are the ones needed, not red or white roses.
Iris Essential Oil
Violet Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
Peach Essential Oil
Vanilla Essential Oil
Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cedar Essential Oil -> you need Cedar Log Piles to produce this essential oil, which you get by chopping cedar trees.

10. Perfume Factory (FC): Allows you to produce perfumes out of the Ethanol, Coconut Oil and a combination of Essential Oils. You can produce Coconut Oil in the Oil Factory.

Baby Perfume
Body Splash
Eau de Toilette
Cologne
Eau de Parfum
Perfume

11. Chinese Restaurant (FC): Allows you to produce Chinese Food. You can produce Soy Sause in the Food Preserve Factory. You can produce Chinese Noodles in the Pasta Factory.

Egg Rolls
Fried Rice
Sesame Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Chicken Chow Mein
Fortune Cookies

12. Item Storage bug corrected: A very small % of users were losing items when adding them to the storage even when they had enough capacity, this has been corrected.

**More levels and farm 7 on the next release**

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
Closed Thread