Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 08 2012, 04:13 AM

Default a good point

You have a good point in your note, but one thing you have missed. I have no tools, so when I am hired along with somebody else who does have tools, I barely get started and the farm is finished. 90% of the coworkers I have had in situations like that have hogged as much as possible, even plowing what I have managed to harvest. They are very rude about it. For that reason, I prefer solo work, or work with polite people.
Old Mar 12 2012, 01:35 AM
Account Not Linked

I wish more people would use the new feature in the market - click avatar, change status ro red if looking for work, pink if hiring. Sometimes I struggle to hire because of all the requests coming in. I suppose word will get round eventually, it's a really good idea.
Old Mar 12 2012, 10:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath-H View Post
I wish more people would use the new feature in the market - click avatar, change status ro red if looking for work, pink if hiring. Sometimes I struggle to hire because of all the requests coming in. I suppose word will get round eventually, it's a really good idea.
The problem is most players don't read the announcements or even use the forum at all, so it takes a while for the word about a new feature to get around.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 13 2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The problem is most players don't read the announcements or even use the forum at all, so it takes a while for the word about a new feature to get around.
LOL - maybe when each new update came out, the devs could put up a pop-up telling farmers to go to the forum to learn about it, rather than just a pop-up giving us only basic details.

It's is just amazing the number who play this game in complete ignorance of updates or rules. So many of them have never, ever been near the forum, but they expect others to spoon feed them all the way.

I did have one neighbour tell me that she 'wasn't game to click on many of the buttons because she didn't know what they would do and she might lose her game'

Old Mar 18 2012, 09:03 PM

Default Chat tempermental at Market

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to report this glitch.

I am having trouble chatting while at market, either to hire or get hired. It also happens when at market to buy /sell product.

I have tried using the Change Status thing, but then Chat will not work. It is temperamental; works some times, other times does not. Leaving game and reloading usually fixes it.

I will hide Chat, unhide, then able to type my message; but then can not send it. It makes for frustrating Market visits being unable to communicate via Chat.
Old Mar 18 2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath-H View Post
I learned about this feature when I was at the Market by a farmer telling us why she was red (or pink). I have tried using it, but as mentioned, many do not know pink means hire. And when I use it, it tends to make Chat not work ~ because I do not have tree tools, I want to tell farmers what I work I want, not just say "available".

I have not been to forum, nor Market for a long time, hence my ignorance of the change. Which I like.
Old Mar 19 2012, 11:31 AM

i try to find the workers too. I have been told - I don't fish or I don't do flowers. I tell them they accepted the job and I attempt to rehire them to finish....if they refuse the job. I will openly ask for someone to finish the job that "so and so" didn't finish!!!

I will send a message if I get hired for a large job so that, in the case of being timed out, they can send me a message back to rehire if they are still on.
Old Mar 25 2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
i try to find the workers too. I have been told - I don't fish or I don't do flowers.
From the POV of a worker, one of the problems is that those who want to hire are not always efficient in using the hiring options. Generally, I don't accept jobs that include flowers. But as an experiment yesterday, I accepted whatever was offered. Almost every job I accepted didn't actually have all the work that was specified in the hire request. It's very frustrating to turn things off and on (trees, flowers, etc) as you work through multiple farms, only to find that what was requested doesn't need work. I only did that for one day. I don't accept jobs I can't or prefer not to do.
Old Mar 26 2012, 07:36 AM

Default Hiring people with tools...without tools (just a rant)

I have been playing Farm Town a long time...since we had to wait for flowers that were coming soon! I am starting to get a little frustrated with some of the players lately. Rarely do you get people in the market to say hello, when a hello, please and thank you was common place. Now we have people with tools...and I think thats great to a point! I don't have tools, but I still like to harvest and plow, after all I need coins, products and like the experience points. Lately I have been getting hired with people that have tools, and they don't share, I can barely finish harvesting a row of something and before I know it, the whole farm is harvested and plowed leaving me with none! I wish people would share, can't they even leave us 1/3 of the work? Then I have gotten hired where I have been told "Oh you have no tools, this is too much work for you....I don't mind sharing, so if you must hire others can you please do it on another farm if there are more then 1? I love to work, finish the job, and always say please and thankyou for the work. The politeness of the game has GONE, and thats part of the reason I loved Farm Town
Old Mar 26 2012, 08:47 AM

It seems everyone is in such a hurry these days. It could be because we have so many farms.

I only hire solo. If the person has tools fine, if not, I go find something else to do, in real life, while the hired person takes their time getting things finished. In all fairness to others who do hire multiple people, I am retired so I am not farming around a full time job.

I do not understand the purpose of hiring more than one person either, but some people still do it.

I am sure if you continue to work the market you will find people willing to hire you. If someone advertises no tools I always hire them for harvest and plow. Trees, flowers, etc I try to find someone with tools since most people without tools do not finish the job since for those two items I have so many.

Hope things pick up for you.