Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 18 2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
I think there should be two markets
There are two markets. The online market and the offline market. Just go offline and it will be you and Tom and no one else!
Old May 18 2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
To each his/her own, Elk. More power to you. But you DO realize that you can't exactly commandeer a marketplace for your hiring test don't you? Seeing that people pop in all the time, regardless of your announcement to put you on ignore.

Personally, I prefer not to jump through hoops to get a harvest/plow job. After all, this IS just a game. Being asked to play another one within it is redundant.

If you're ever curious as to how much trivia I've retained from my school days, feel free to PM me with a pop quiz. But if we encounter each other at the MP I'll probably not bother putting you on ignore, just pop out to another MP while you quiz whoever has the patience to put up with it (bless their hearts).
I am in total agreement here lol. When I started playing last June I encountered the employers who said ' First to get to me will get hired' Ha Ha who are these people? Soooo arrogant. I can understand why, in real life, we need employment laws. I have been quizzed about my age?? My response was , 'Whats that got to do with harvesting?' 'How old do you want me to be?' and 'old enough to be your grandmother probably'. I have never had sexist questions asked by a female avatar, but the men OH DEAR ME!!! The only harvesting job I walked away from ( I harvested NIL) was an Avatar named ' I am well Hung' What is it with these guys?? This sort of thing is happening more and more and just go to the market and look at some of the avatar names, the mind boggles!!
Old May 18 2010, 10:58 AM

I do all my selling offline too, to spare my eyes the onslaught of plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and plowwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old May 18 2010, 03:43 PM

Sorry, think I posted this in the wrong spot... but this was more about the economy of Farm Town than hiring practices.

At the moment we have facilities that sometimes need one day, four hour or even 2 hour crops. Only a couple of items need pineapples (juice, canned and for pizza) We need to plant wheat (2 days), and tons of tomatoes (2 days) and a 12 hour sugar cane crop. We also need our trees done, we need apples and cherries for the pies, and strawberries (1 day) for tons of things.

However, the workers don't want to do these crops. They don't want to do trees, and if I ask them, they make up some excuse and leave my farm half finished. They don't want strawberries, grapes or sugarcane, they definately don't want rasberries even though my facilities dose. All they want is to harvest pineapple and plow. That's no good to me, I need someone to do all the work. I offer only one person work for all 3 farms. Even then, they get to the first one, see the sugar cane and then they run off.

A lot of people are planting fields full of pineapples, and I can't compete with them, even though they will hire 10, and I will only hire one. I need crops for my facilities, and that means a mixed crop.

Slashkey need to reward workers for doing trees. At the moment it's not worth doing, so the farmer has to do it themselves. They need to offer experience points for harvesting trees. People with big orchards have a nightmare trying to find sensible help.

I'm hopping that once everyone has their 3 farms and enough money this obsession with pineapples will settle down. Or more and more farmers like me who need crops for facilities will desert the market place, and then the hiring of workers will end.

Slashkey, please look at the economy of the game now we have tons of new players and these new facilities.
Happy Farming All
Old May 18 2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corogirl View Post
My thoughts exactly!! I think there should be two markets.. 1 for people looking for work and one for farmers selling stuff. The ones who don't respond are there selling facility stuff that builds up very quickly in your storage. Then when they have sold everything they accept the offer to harvest or plough. I have done it myself occasionally. I offer work to up to 10 sometimes with no response then I get back to my farm and find half a dozen working there??? I wouldn't like it either and I am soooooo anti multi hiring but now I am finding I am a multi hirer myself and I do NOT like it.
Yep... to make sure people don't run away, and because most people in the market place seem to ignore your request, I've found myself multi-hiring as well... I don't like to do it, and I don't like it done to me, but that's the way the upgrades have coded the game.

We need this changed, it's making the game more stressfull than ever.
Happy Farming All
Old May 18 2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamine View Post
Sorry, think I posted this in the wrong spot... but this was more about the economy of Farm Town than hiring practices.

At the moment we have facilities that sometimes need one day, four hour or even 2 hour crops. Only a couple of items need pineapples (juice, canned and for pizza) We need to plant wheat (2 days), and tons of tomatoes (2 days) and a 12 hour sugar cane crop. We also need our trees done, we need apples and cherries for the pies, and strawberries (1 day) for tons of things.

However, the workers don't want to do these crops. They don't want to do trees, and if I ask them, they make up some excuse and leave my farm half finished. They don't want strawberries, grapes or sugarcane, they definately don't want rasberries even though my facilities dose. All they want is to harvest pineapple and plow. That's no good to me, I need someone to do all the work. I offer only one person work for all 3 farms. Even then, they get to the first one, see the sugar cane and then they run off.

A lot of people are planting fields full of pineapples, and I can't compete with them, even though they will hire 10, and I will only hire one. I need crops for my facilities, and that means a mixed crop.

Slashkey need to reward workers for doing trees. At the moment it's not worth doing, so the farmer has to do it themselves. They need to offer experience points for harvesting trees. People with big orchards have a nightmare trying to find sensible help.

I'm hopping that once everyone has their 3 farms and enough money this obsession with pineapples will settle down. Or more and more farmers like me who need crops for facilities will desert the market place, and then the hiring of workers will end.

Slashkey, please look at the economy of the game now we have tons of new players and these new facilities.
I look for people that are eager to plow and tell them that they can plow what they harvest. And that there will be trees to be done before the plow invite. It usually works. I am up front. They don't get invited to plow till ALL of the harvesting is done.
Old May 19 2010, 05:25 AM

When I hire someone to harvest on my second farm, they arrive and do the harvest, but I can't see them, so cant re-hire to plow. Anyone any ideas how I fix this cos it's starting to annoy me! Thanks, J
Old May 21 2010, 12:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Is it bad manners for me to ask for new farmers? I'm at level 76 and want to give them a hand in starting out.

I to like Miamine, have found people not wanting to harvest the sugar or trees. I don't even bother planting raspberries because no one wants to pick them.
Old May 22 2010, 01:49 AM

Default Hiring ... has this been discussed?

As some know, I quit for about 6 months, but am not back at it ... and enjoying the heck out of all the new stuff.

However, I noticed over the last few weeks as I racked up the coinage with all the new facilities, there was no incentive what so ever for me to go work in the market place. Why? I already have lots of money.

Now I find I can't find any one to work for me, and I know why. Just like me, they have enough coins and don't need the work.

Is anything being tossed around to make working in the market place a necessity? Just curious.

HUGz! Jules
Old May 22 2010, 05:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:

However, the workers don't want to do these crops. They don't want to do trees, and if I ask them, they make up some excuse and leave my farm half finished. They don't want strawberries, grapes or sugarcane, they definately don't want rasberries even though my facilities dose. All they want is to harvest pineapple and plow. That's no good to me, I need someone to do all the work. I offer only one person work for all 3 farms. Even then, they get to the first one, see the sugar cane and then they run off. A lot of people are planting fields full of pineapples, and I can't compete with them, even though they will hire 10, and I will only hire one. I need crops for my facilities, and that means a mixed crop.
That's because they have already weighed their ROI (return on investment) for each click, and found the low cost crops not worth the time or effort to do them. Each "click" for each person has a cost (their time, their effort) - so who wants to click on sugarcane or raspberries for a few pennies when the same click on a pineapple is worth in the $$$.

Seriously, if you are using those low cost crops in your facilities, harvest them yourself using your machines, and then hire to plow. There are lots of people out there looking for points.

Quote:
Slashkey need to reward workers for doing trees. At the moment it's not worth doing, so the farmer has to do it themselves. They need to offer experience points for harvesting trees. People with big orchards have a nightmare trying to find sensible help. I'm hopping that once everyone has their 3 farms and enough money this obsession with pineapples will settle down. Or more and more farmers like me who need crops for facilities will desert the market place, and then the hiring of workers will end. Slashkey, please look at the economy of the game now we have tons of new players and these new facilities.
The facilities HAVE changed the game, and how many of us play it. Farmers with facilities now plant crops for their commercial and retail outlets, but those crops don't translate their harvest value into production. So, if you farm for a raw "production use" product, start farming smart - do it yourself. Don't waste time trying to hire people to harvest cheap crops - you spend more time trying to get people to do it than it would take you to do it yourself. Start hiring out just to plow instead - their effort shares the points with you, as well as freeing you up to being able to plant directly behind the plower.