Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 14 2014, 11:11 PM

If I have to leave the computer for a few minutes I go back to my farm before I leave it so don't keep someone who tries to hire me waiting and wondering.
Old Apr 15 2014, 06:10 PM

Well, if it's longer than, say, running to get a drink, I'll switch to offline. Nobody can see me and when I get back, I just click it back online again. It's faster (for me anyway.)

Farming since May 19, 2009
Old Apr 15 2014, 07:19 PM
Account Not Linked

when i leave the keyboard, i go hide in the crates on the left side cause i just hate it when people don't answer and then show up when the work is done and get upset
Old Apr 15 2014, 11:00 PM

Here is another reason the status message doesn't work. There are people in the marketplace who are saying "hire me" "hire me" but their status is pink which means you can't hire them. If you try you get a message saying this person doesn't want to be hired or something like that. You tell them to change their status color because they can't be hired when they are in pink but they ignore you and go on with "hire me"
Old Apr 16 2014, 09:39 AM

I usually tell people what I have to offer them and warn them of the fact my crops are 3xLayered, actually they're "offset" but to me this is more layered than "stacked" offset just wouldn't make sense to newbies I think and I rectify this by saying H/P (you can't really h/p 3 stacks lol) and let them know if they're fishing they have my turbo at their use.

Tonight I just asked for someone to h/p 3xLayered farms and trees for me and "comforted" the person by saying I have all the largest tools available and this girl put her hand up for the job and I don't know if she ran out of fuel or what... but after getting a nice little chunk of the chopable trees done she's going one by one... to make things worse she's gone OFFLINE to do the work so she's invisible to me... I can't even offer to rehire her and let her use my fuel [I don't choose it automatically because if people have fuel they can use theirs first before mine!] Not only that but if you're "offline" and run out of fuel why not ask the person if they can rehire you with fuel or perhaps get in help... argh! So now I have to wonder at 12.33am if she will actually go and FINISH all 4 farms [one is a tree farm and the other 3 are 3xLayered crop farms] even though it would almost drive her crazy or risk getting someone in to railroad her. Which I know sucks! However I know well enough to know that people that are faced with my farms with their 1x1 tools cause they've run out NEVER finish! I also know that if it was me I'd most likely be like yeah right I'm out... but at least *I* always send the person a message saying I'm sorry this job is too much or it's extremely late etc can you get me help or get someone to finish up.

I mostly needed to vent in this case lol!... if you go offline and you run into trouble PLEASEEEE send the farm owner a message we CANNOT contact you (unless for some strange reason you actually sent an inbox earlier)
Old Apr 16 2014, 10:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusions_fan1 View Post
I usually tell people what I have to offer them and warn them of the fact my crops are 3xLayered, actually they're "offset" but to me this is more layered than "stacked" offset just wouldn't make sense to newbies I think and I rectify this by saying H/P (you can't really h/p 3 stacks lol) and let them know if they're fishing they have my turbo at their use.

Tonight I just asked for someone to h/p 3xLayered farms and trees for me and "comforted" the person by saying I have all the largest tools available and this girl put her hand up for the job and I don't know if she ran out of fuel or what... but after getting a nice little chunk of the chopable trees done she's going one by one... to make things worse she's gone OFFLINE to do the work so she's invisible to me... I can't even offer to rehire her and let her use my fuel [I don't choose it automatically because if people have fuel they can use theirs first before mine!] Not only that but if you're "offline" and run out of fuel why not ask the person if they can rehire you with fuel or perhaps get in help... argh! So now I have to wonder at 12.33am if she will actually go and FINISH all 4 farms [one is a tree farm and the other 3 are 3xLayered crop farms] even though it would almost drive her crazy or risk getting someone in to railroad her. Which I know sucks! However I know well enough to know that people that are faced with my farms with their 1x1 tools cause they've run out NEVER finish! I also know that if it was me I'd most likely be like yeah right I'm out... but at least *I* always send the person a message saying I'm sorry this job is too much or it's extremely late etc can you get me help or get someone to finish up.

I mostly needed to vent in this case lol!... if you go offline and you run into trouble PLEASEEEE send the farm owner a message we CANNOT contact you (unless for some strange reason you actually sent an inbox earlier)
You can keep "use your fuel" checked, they must use all of their fuel before using your fuel.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by KnightRider; Apr 16 2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old Apr 16 2014, 11:36 AM

there's a problem in the market place sometimes with people who are perpetrators who say things that are rude and downright dirty and nasty. They can hide behind their little goofy little avatars and have nothing better to do in life, they're not interested in playing the game.
We have a couple of tools we can use to deal with this, we can report them, we can click the ignore so we don't have to see or hear them.
But now we have some wise guys that hide behind the fruit stand while they perpetrate so we can't click on their avatars to report them.
please make the fruit stand go invisible like other buildings. or maybe you guys can think of something better. but do something.
I love the game. thanks
Old Apr 16 2014, 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBon View Post
there's a problem in the market place sometimes with people who are perpetrators who say things that are rude and downright dirty and nasty. They can hide behind their little goofy little avatars and have nothing better to do in life, they're not interested in playing the game.
We have a couple of tools we can use to deal with this, we can report them, we can click the ignore so we don't have to see or hear them.
But now we have some wise guys that hide behind the fruit stand while they perpetrate so we can't click on their avatars to report them.
please make the fruit stand go invisible like other buildings. or maybe you guys can think of something better. but do something.
I love the game. thanks
You can make the fruit stand go invisible if you turn off buildings while you are in the market. Turning them off before going doesn't do it, but if you turn them off after you get there it will disappear.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 16 2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
You can keep "use your fuel" checked, they must use all of their fuel before using your fuel.
Argh! Thank you KnightRider.
I honestly thought that it would just use your fuel straight up lol! Now I know
Old Apr 16 2014, 07:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusions_fan1 View Post
Argh! Thank you KnightRider.
I honestly thought that it would just use your fuel straight up lol! Now I know
Your welcome.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.