Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old May 11 2013, 04:33 AM

I dont mind doing trees and flowers but sometimes it is so messy it takes me ages just to do one farm and more often then not they have hired me for several farms and then by the time I have finished harvesting 10 million flowers and trees they have got someone else to do the other farms...very annoying

Last edited by bluehair; Jun 28 2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old Jun 26 2013, 04:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Exclamation Market place

cant something be done about the market place so that everything a worker can do is displayed, if a job is accepted it must be finished. You try and try and try sometimes you strike it lucky but its so time-consuming cause most of the times your request are not accepted or you strike someone accepting a job who has no tools to do it. To my mind the market place has just become a source of frustration, give us more points for doing the work ourself then if nothing can of will be done to make it easier for us who have to hire people to do our work because we dont have FC to buy tools. This really is a reason why many people who has been playing for years leave Farm town as I am considering too. I have been playing since the start of the game, are top level and cant get more FC's than with an update, with which you cant even buy a tool, 25 FC is absurd taking into account the prices of tools, to buy a combine you must have 100+ where are you going to get that. But it all can work out if just some attention is given to the shortcomings in the market place, new features are constantly added and the people there are mostly beginners without tools, I found that they dont even know how to use the dim-out feature, or know about the rewards because trees, flowers, fish and items are constantly left behind. No really its a farce. And since we have heard rumors of Facebook kicking Farmtown out, perhaps the time has come to re-consider. Give market places to different levels so that the newbies has their own and the high levels dont have to undergo this frustration.
Old Jun 26 2013, 07:08 AM

I have found I have better luck hiring people in the afternoon (EST) than morning. Most people with tools who go to the market to get jobs either put tools in their name, or say they have tools. Some even say which tools such as combine, flowers, etc.
Old Jun 26 2013, 02:11 PM

I go to the market place to hire, even tho I have all the big tools. I found that patience is the key in the market. I bide my time and watch for workers to say what kind of work they want, and what tools they have. I am also always prepared for the job to not be completely done. Sometimes the person I hired sends me a message that they can't finish for whatever reason. I answer with a thank you for your help, and no worries... it's just a game. If I get upset, it's no longer any fun for me.
Old Jul 09 2013, 10:36 AM

Default What are the Rules When Farmers Hire Multiple Workers?

Today I was hired on a farm with multiple layers (crops, trees, flowers, trees to chop, fishing). I was done with everything but flowers and only had about half of the farm left when someone else came on. She was harvesting flowers one at a time...I have the 8x8. I had over two million bonus points waiting to be collected. I used my tools to finish the flowers. The other worker called me a jerk and sent multiple messages to my inbox about how rude I was to basically push her put of the way to get the flowers done.

Should I have let her finish and miss out on the bonus? What is proper etiquette when multiple farmers are hired for one farm? I don't like the idea of just taking over the farm, but I didn't want to lose the bonus either.

I know it is only a game and I'm really not too concerned about what an anonymous person on the Internet thinks of me, but I don't want to be a jerk either.
Old Aug 06 2013, 10:41 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I had the strangest interaction with a farmer I hired. I hired her from the MP, she said she listed the tools she had for H/P. the farm was MOSTLY crops, but two rows of trees and a few beds of flowers.
When she was done, she left me a nasty message about how I had "ripped her off" of getting a bonus by not JUST hiring her for H&P. I answered back nicely, explaining that you don't NEED special tools to do flowers and trees, and that the bonus was for finishing the job. Plus, she accepted the job which included flowers and trees. She messaged me back saying that when someone lists H&P at the MP, that means they can ONLY be hired for H&P, and that she doesn't take the time to "inspect" the hire request to make sure it's right. She was a lower level player, I assumed she had little experience with the game.

I basically told her that if you don't want to do a certain job, don't accept it, and if you want to earn the bonus, then finish the job you accepted. I did not call her names or put her down in any way, just explained the way the hiring practice and bonuses work. and repeated that though it takes time, you can do flowers and trees without buying extra tools.

So - a couple of hours later, I got a message from another farmer saying she was the mother of farmer #1, and that I had upset her daughter by being so mean to her, that "it's just a game" and if her daughter didn't want to do my damn flowers then she doesn't have to, and if I can't understand that some of the other players are CHILDREN, then I shouldn't be playing the game.
I answered her back, and quoted what her daughter had written to me, pointing out that the only "rudeness" had come from the kid, not from me.

I have played the game for a long time, and things have changed a LOT recently. any time I need to hire someone, I encounter more farmers who will only do certain jobs, will only work solo, etc. I get when people don't want to fish, because without a boat, it's tough to finish the job. But it was the first time when I got chewed out for including trees and flowers in my request.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 06 2013, 05:23 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post
I had the strangest interaction with a farmer I hired. I hired her from the MP, she said she listed the tools she had for H/P. the farm was MOSTLY crops, but two rows of trees and a few beds of flowers.
When she was done, she left me a nasty message about how I had "ripped her off" of getting a bonus by not JUST hiring her for H&P. I answered back nicely, explaining that you don't NEED special tools to do flowers and trees, and that the bonus was for finishing the job. Plus, she accepted the job which included flowers and trees. She messaged me back saying that when someone lists H&P at the MP, that means they can ONLY be hired for H&P, and that she doesn't take the time to "inspect" the hire request to make sure it's right. She was a lower level player, I assumed she had little experience with the game.

I basically told her that if you don't want to do a certain job, don't accept it, and if you want to earn the bonus, then finish the job you accepted. I did not call her names or put her down in any way, just explained the way the hiring practice and bonuses work. and repeated that though it takes time, you can do flowers and trees without buying extra tools.

So - a couple of hours later, I got a message from another farmer saying she was the mother of farmer #1, and that I had upset her daughter by being so mean to her, that "it's just a game" and if her daughter didn't want to do my damn flowers then she doesn't have to, and if I can't understand that some of the other players are CHILDREN, then I shouldn't be playing the game.
I answered her back, and quoted what her daughter had written to me, pointing out that the only "rudeness" had come from the kid, not from me.

I have played the game for a long time, and things have changed a LOT recently. any time I need to hire someone, I encounter more farmers who will only do certain jobs, will only work solo, etc. I get when people don't want to fish, because without a boat, it's tough to finish the job. But it was the first time when I got chewed out for including trees and flowers in my request.
Bad parenting - I think there is an minimum age limit for facebook of 13 which should be old enough to accept constructive criticism that could only help them if they would listen - don't worry about it. Sounds like you did the right thing. It is the responsibility of the worker to decide what jobs to take.
Old Aug 07 2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:

depending on my mood if I get a request for flower and/or trees I may or may not accept the job. I do prefer to work solo as I work pretty fast so dont really want to wait for another farmer to finish (unless they are doing trees only) so they dont think I am stealing their work.

when I hire someone I like to hire one person to harvest/plow if I have several farms I will look for someone who has the combine tool or just ask. nothing worse than hiring someone for 19 farms (after asking if they have the combine tool) to find they are harvesting one crop at a time!!!!
Old Aug 07 2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I don't like to be hired with a bunch of other people because it makes the farm so heavy its hard to move and since I have all the tools I really don't need the help. I don't request to work alone but if I go to a farm where there are a bunch of people working I just quietly leave and go back to the market.
Old Aug 09 2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
Bad parenting - I think there is an minimum age limit for facebook of 13 which should be old enough to accept constructive criticism that could only help them if they would listen - don't worry about it. Sounds like you did the right thing. It is the responsibility of the worker to decide what jobs to take.
I agree.. Bad parenting. I also have just about STOPPED going to the MP because most of the players are so PICKY!! h/p ONLY ... SOLO... etc. I don't NEED the help. I have all my own tools but I go there to help newer players. It's frustrating especially for those who don't know the rules and how to play the game....