Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 10 2013, 12:08 AM

Cool In defense of those without the fancy tools

I have been away from FT for nearly 3 years and was level 145 upon my return. Alot has changed with the game - one being all the "tools" one is able to purchase and for the most part all with real cash. Now I'm not rich and play the game for entertainment, but I found immediately that when you have no tools, no one wants you to work for them. Only people working are the ones with superboat, mega harvesters/plowers and when I get hired not saying solo, then upon arrival to "clicks" and even one other person can harvest the entire farm before I even get 20 plots for credit. Glad they have all the fancy equipment, but sure makes disadvantage for beginning players to compete. Just saying.........So my strategy is to ask for players below a certain level to hire to give them an extra chance to compete in the hiring market.
Old Sep 01 2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlinsssandi View Post
I have been away from FT for nearly 3 years and was level 145 upon my return. Alot has changed with the game - one being all the "tools" one is able to purchase and for the most part all with real cash. Now I'm not rich and play the game for entertainment, but I found immediately that when you have no tools, no one wants you to work for them. Only people working are the ones with superboat, mega harvesters/plowers and when I get hired not saying solo, then upon arrival to "clicks" and even one other person can harvest the entire farm before I even get 20 plots for credit. Glad they have all the fancy equipment, but sure makes disadvantage for beginning players to compete. Just saying.........So my strategy is to ask for players below a certain level to hire to give them an extra chance to compete in the hiring market.
I too returned to the game after a three year absence and have the same problem as the person above.I always state in my status No Tools and No Fishing. I get hired for many solo jobs and always thank my employer but often someone will hire me along with someone or even two people with all the tools. Why? To me that is just plain rude and unfair to the person who has no tools. And why do you need two people with all the tools when one can do the job in less than 5 minutes? I think it would be a good idea to have it that if you hire someone with tools that you can't hire anyone else for that farm.
Old Sep 01 2013, 10:34 PM

Default Need to make improvements

I have lost a LOT of my neighbors who have just up and quit farming. When I message them to find out the reasons, most of the time they say they can never find hires who won't quit after one field or won't start at all if the crop is not a 3-4 day crop. Then you have those same "quitters" at the market place complaining they have no work. Big suprise. It has gotten to the point that many just quit playing because trying to farm 19 fields, pick trees and flowers and load your factories take too many hours at night.

There needs to be more info posted....things like the job is for "x" number of fields, and how many are layered. It is hard to blame someone with no tools for not finishing 10 fields that are layered.

Until there is some MAJOR tweaks to the hiring process, this is going to be a problem. When I see more than 70% of my neighbors not active I know there is a problem somewhere. And I have kept adding new neighbors. All to no avail.
Old Sep 02 2013, 01:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel View Post
I have lost a LOT of my neighbors who have just up and quit farming. When I message them to find out the reasons, most of the time they say they can never find hires who won't quit after one field or won't start at all if the crop is not a 3-4 day crop. Then you have those same "quitters" at the market place complaining they have no work. Big suprise. It has gotten to the point that many just quit playing because trying to farm 19 fields, pick trees and flowers and load your factories take too many hours at night.

There needs to be more info posted....things like the job is for "x" number of fields, and how many are layered. It is hard to blame someone with no tools for not finishing 10 fields that are layered.

Until there is some MAJOR tweaks to the hiring process, this is going to be a problem. When I see more than 70% of my neighbors not active I know there is a problem somewhere. And I have kept adding new neighbors. All to no avail.
If anyone's farms have become to big and takes too much time to play, they have no one to blame but themselves, no one has forced them to purchase all 19 farms, farm upgrades, every facility, tree, flower, or anything else, if they wanted to play, they could scale down their farms and only use a few farms and not use all of their facilities. If they have people quit working their farms because they layer their fields, I don't blame them, they hire out work that they won't do themselves. You say more info needs posted, that should come from the person that is doing the hiring. The MAJOR tweak you are talking about is Slashkey making it so that no one can layer any of their farms, cause until everyone gets rid of the layering there is going to be people that quit or that has been disconnected due to the employer layering and freezing the employee's computer. I have had to do a shut down cause the farm I went to had crops, then trees, flowers, and facilities on top of the crops and it was a full farm of trees and flowers.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by KnightRider; Sep 02 2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old Sep 02 2013, 01:51 PM

I don't have tools and I make that known in my status so if I am hired for 19 farms and most of them layered I would probably have to work for 19 hrs or longer to finish as it takes me 45 min's to an hour to do one farm particularly if I am asked to do harvesting, plowing, chopping of everything on the farm. It is impossible for one person to do. I usually do one farm, two farms if I have time and then leave a note that it is impossible for me to finish such a large job.It would be nice to know how many farms you are being hired for before you accept the job.
Old Oct 02 2013, 10:08 PM

It is difficult for a farmer with no tools to do many farms. I have 4 x 4 tools and will not take a job unless my name is posted as small jobs only.

If a farmer is noted as no tools, I will designate only a few farms to be done and hire someone else to do a few farms also.

It is frustrating for me to have to keep careful watch on the progress of a worker and hire others when they leave without sending me a message. It is difficult to determine when someone has left.

A notification of how large the job is would be helpful to a prospective worker.
Old Oct 03 2013, 06:14 AM

I just to had to quit out of one job..was taking me too far long I wasnt able to leave the farmer a message to apologize but yes how big a job is going to be would be helpful

Last edited by bluehair; Oct 03 2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old Oct 03 2013, 04:50 PM

I agree. I have had to leave many jobs because they were too much. I state in my status that I don't have tools and I still get jobs for 19 layered farms which would take me about an 45 mins to an hour a farm. I don't have 16-19 hrs a day to spend on a computer game. We definitely need a way to know the size of the job before we accept it. It would also be nice to know what people are willing to do before you hire them. It is so hard to get people to harvest/chop trees and flowers. I sent requests to 5 people who were asking for any job and every one turned my job down. I finally got one acceptance and he chopped 5 trees and left.
Old Oct 03 2013, 05:02 PM

i do have all the tools but it was getting late I think I had already spent an hour doing about 8 farms and still had another 12 to go....on some of the farms I had to go searching for that lone flower or tree
Old Oct 03 2013, 05:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehair View Post
i do have all the tools but it was getting late I think I had already spent an hour doing about 8 farms and still had another 12 to go....on some of the farms I had to go searching for that lone flower or tree
Do you use the option to hide everything except what can be worked with the tool that you are holding?

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.