Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 20 2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 x 4 View Post
As I level up to where I want to hold my own in the wider Farm Town world of the Market Place I am facing the decision of whether to buy a pair of 4x4's to work on other farmers' crops.

But $45 for a Harvester and $30 for a Plow? Who decided these figures were fair? It's a social netwroking game for goodness sake!

Am I not seeing something here? What do people think - ripoff or not?
Not a ripoff. The tools are simply things that make you play the game less, in a way, and not more.

Don't play just to keep up with the Jonses. You're going to be disappointed. There will ALWAYS be someone with more expendable cash/tools/crops/coins than you.

I haven't bought any tools because I hate working on others' farms. Oh, wait, I have the boat, but I STILL never work on others farms to even use it much. Instead, I've invested in facilities and I'm pretty self-sufficient with crops and work, and I'm not subject to the whims of an employer (oh if only that was real life!).

Something can happen in real life where you won't be able to play, and then you're "behind" again.

But hey, if you want to play the game just to keep up, knock yourself out, but you're going to regret all that money you plopped into it.

Yes this is a "social networking game" but the beauty of this game is that you are not SO depenedent on others that you will NEVER be able to get anywhere at all of you don't have a thousand neighbors. It's truly a game to play the way YOU want to play it. And therefore, you take the responsibility of what you put into it financially.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jan 20 2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
Not a ripoff. The tools are simply things that make you play the game less, in a way, and not more.

Don't play just to keep up with the Jonses. You're going to be disappointed. There will ALWAYS be someone with more expendable cash/tools/crops/coins than you.

I haven't bought any tools because I hate working on others' farms. Oh, wait, I have the boat, but I STILL never work on others farms to even use it much. Instead, I've invested in facilities and I'm pretty self-sufficient with crops and work, and I'm not subject to the whims of an employer (oh if only that was real life!).

Something can happen in real life where you won't be able to play, and then you're "behind" again.

But hey, if you want to play the game just to keep up, knock yourself out, but you're going to regret all that money you plopped into it.

Yes this is a "social networking game" but the beauty of this game is that you are not SO depenedent on others that you will NEVER be able to get anywhere at all of you don't have a thousand neighbors. It's truly a game to play the way YOU want to play it. And therefore, you take the responsibility of what you put into it financially.
I agree. At first I kept up with the game fine with no tools. As I gained more farms and more facilities, I had to make a decision - time or $$..... I decided the tools are worth it to keep my repetitive clicking (and frequent lockups) to a minimum. One opinion, hope it helps. Happy farming!
Old Jan 20 2012, 10:27 AM

I'm glad I finally got most of the tools and 'aids'. Took awhile, just added one here and there. Each one made such a big difference. I still need to get a few, but eventually will most likely add them. Coming up with the FC has been a real challenge.

I rarely work anyone else's farms-never had time - and was getting frustrated because I couldn't get anyone at market to help on mine. It was taking so much of my time just working my own that I was no longer getting any enjoyment out of it. It was beginning to feel like 'work' instead of fun.

Now I can spend less time with the maintenance and growing of crops and more time with the 'creativity' when I want w/o the worry of having crops fail or having enough product.
Old Jan 20 2012, 11:53 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
not a ripoff. The tools are simply things that make you play the game less, in a way, and not more.

Don't play just to keep up with the jonses. You're going to be disappointed. There will always be someone with more expendable cash/tools/crops/coins than you.

I haven't bought any tools because i hate working on others' farms. Oh, wait, i have the boat, but i still never work on others farms to even use it much. Instead, i've invested in facilities and i'm pretty self-sufficient with crops and work, and i'm not subject to the whims of an employer (oh if only that was real life!).

Yes this is a "social networking game" but the beauty of this game is that you are not so depenedent on others that you will never be able to get anywhere at all of you don't have a thousand neighbors. It's truly a game to play the way you want to play it. And therefore, you take the responsibility of what you put into it financially.
very well typed!!
Old Feb 16 2012, 01:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SailorCallie Send a message via AIM to SailorCallie Send a message via MSN to SailorCallie Send a message via Yahoo to SailorCallie Send a message via Skype™ to SailorCallie
Wink

I'd rather perfer having to purchase Farm Cash-related items using my hard earned Farm Coins instead of having to spend my real life cash purchasing Farm Cash. But, the folks at Slashkey need their money, and the using of Farm Cash helps.

Besides, if I haven't done that, I wouldn't have purchased the Manure Spreader for my farms.
Juban District <-- As of 7/14/10
Ilex Forest <-- As of July, 2010
Old Feb 16 2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
Good idea, but I have reached the point where I don't seem able to learn new things like that, so I offer to pay for them. I can barely link my farm. But, again, thanks for the idea. Maybe one day one of my grandchildren will offer to set up such a thing for me. (If I can figure out how to describe it.)
LOL! my daughter is a spread sheet queen. she showed me the basics - and then laughs at me because i, too, have a farmtown spreadsheet!
Old Feb 18 2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl62 View Post
quite expensive for every thing...including the latest farm enlargement for 1-4!! 10bil!! for each one?! how the heck do they think we can get that far?!
If they made everything easy to achieve, the game's longevity would suffer. I'm glad the prices are high-- gives me something to shoot for and another reason to keep playing.
Old Feb 18 2012, 03:56 PM

i don't consider it a ripoff having to spend real money on my game..i could spend way more going to the movies and all i will have to show for it is a flat soda and unpopped corn kernels..so being this is my only source of entertainment as i'm retired...i have everything and will continue to get the new as it comes out...i look forward to it..i stash my coin just to get the new farm when it is released..i consider it a challenge..it is all in the way u manage ur farms..i don't want it to be too easy as i would get bored real quick...devs,...keep up the good work..love this game..
Old Feb 28 2012, 11:31 AM

Do any of you have the loading tools...belt dryer, express checkout, bottling machine, etc? I'm considering buying them, but the total for all adds up to be quite pricey! And it seems (to me) that without all of them, I'd still have to spend quite a bit of time loading my facilities. That's the one thing I dislike the most...takes quite a bit of time when I'd rather be doing something else. I added it up and to get all the loading tools would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 of honest-to-goodness cash dollars. Soooo...if you own them, do your think it's worth the RL investment?
Old Feb 28 2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaNana View Post
Do any of you have the loading tools...belt dryer, express checkout, bottling machine, etc? I'm considering buying them, but the total for all adds up to be quite pricey! And it seems (to me) that without all of them, I'd still have to spend quite a bit of time loading my facilities. That's the one thing I dislike the most...takes quite a bit of time when I'd rather be doing something else. I added it up and to get all the loading tools would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 of honest-to-goodness cash dollars. Soooo...if you own them, do your think it's worth the RL investment?
Hi! Yes I have them all and I really wouldn't be without them! They save me a lot of time and i actually like loading them now! You just have to make sure you have plenty of stock! I got them gradually as they came out and eventually had to have them all!!