Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 12 2010, 05:26 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Connection Timed out..... Just horrible.... just working on neighbors farms no use going to the market right now until this issue is fixed...time out 3 or more times on any job I do.. have done all the usual maintenance after updates are sent out..... just lost right now......

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 12 2010, 08:47 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ptramell
Default Update 22 Dec 10

Thanks Raul for the hard work you guys do to satisify our addictions. lol
Old Jan 12 2010, 09:47 PM

I'm still having issues with it being slow, i've cleared cache and all that. Am about to try internet explorer once I get the update for it. Have always used firefox (newest version etc.)... I get hired, then go about doing the job, but it takes well over 10 minutes to finish and by the time it gets halfway done to being caught up to me (the xps or coins ticking in etc.) it says "already done" and then i'm stuck there for another 10 or more minutes waiting for it to finish before I can go back to markets or my own farm.
I love farm town and I love the concept of the new upgrades, just trying to be patient with it
Old Jan 12 2010, 11:08 PM

Unhappy

I am experiencing the same issues. If I refresh and go back to my farm, I
leave the job with plots undone because all the coins have not gone up.
It's so slow and frustrating for the farmer and the worker. I tried Firefox, it
did not improve anything, neither does IE. I'm trying to upgrade everything and add flash player beta to see if that helps, It did not. Patience, too.
Old Jan 13 2010, 01:50 AM

Well, even when I cut back on my farming, the issues still plague me.

I hired people to harvest today. I watched as one guy queued up his plowing but didn't receive points for it, and then had to hire someone else to do what had already been done. Again, the game isn't SAVING ON CLICK, or transmitting the same info to everyone upon click. I don't know what the rationale is for delaying collection of coins and points by a few seconds. All it is doing is wreaking havoc with the system, and trapping people on farms when they could be moving on. We used to be able to queue up the work and leave, and still collect our points/coins. Now we can't. Everything takes monumentally longer, and the fixes by and large are poorly designed.

I ran out of money when planting, and got the SAME PROBLEM LIKE FUEL - no notice until after I've planted the whole dang field! WHY does that make sense? You are ticking off the fuel as soon as it is clicked. Why can't money work the same way? Why can't harvesting work the same way? Why can't plowing and planting work the same way?

It is annoying to no end.
Old Jan 13 2010, 04:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Hi Raul,

my avatar is slower than ever and it is really annoying...it has been really fast all the way through December and now it is back to the really nerve tearing snail walk.
Anything you can tell about it? Will that ever get fixed properly for all of us?

Thanks

Biehli

A new update has been released a couple of min ago (7:10 EST) with the following fixes:

1. The complains about the avatar been slow for some users when working for others should be now much less frequent or none at all, these should be noticeable mostly by users with slower computers.

2. Correction of the harvest counter on the storage

3. Tools are a little bit smaller now

Thanks

--Raul[/quote]
Old Jan 13 2010, 08:29 AM

WF 59 Avatar lagging behind again. Coins going up slowly. I feel bad for the farmers that hire me....
The morning after the 4th update it did seem fixed. Am back to lagging behind. Sometimes not moving at all. Also get the "I'm busy" notice continually.

I do appreciate everything you guys do.
Old Jan 13 2010, 10:26 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmiles05 View Post
I am experiencing the same issues. If I refresh and go back to my farm, I
leave the job with plots undone because all the coins have not gone up.
It's so slow and frustrating for the farmer and the worker. I tried Firefox, it
did not improve anything, neither does IE. I'm trying to upgrade everything and add flash player beta to see if that helps, It did not. Patience, too.
I use IE and Firefox also, and the problems still exist using either one. It is definitely an application problem, not us. What I find odd is, if you ask some in the Market Place or your neighbors if they are having these problems, they say no or only sometimes. Why is it just some of us are having the problems a lot? Are we coming off of a different server then the others? It made me wonder when the other harvesters are finished before I am, and already have their coins loaded and plowing already. I am sitting here still watching the plots I harvested unzip and upload. I'm not a slow harvester and I have a fast computer, but I can only go as fast as the server allows me to when the browser says "stopped responding", the farm loads and reloads over and over, or connection to the server times out and takes me back to my farm most of the time. Many times I can't even tick the green arrow to stay on the farm because it is frozen by that point. I can't be hired to plow while they are unzipping, so I lose out on the job and xp's. So frustrating!!
Old Jan 13 2010, 10:32 AM

Extremely slow on wf6 and 15. Cleared cache etc, no help. Tried both firefox and IE. Flash player is updated. This is the first time I've had this problem in a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 13 2010, 02:07 PM

Sure hesitate to say this but it seems to be a bit faster today at least for me.
Closed Thread