Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 09 2021, 05:25 PM

Default Web gl

I keep getting a mag that my browser doesn't support WEB GL. I have to restart my computer to get back on. 1485105809
Old Mar 09 2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Ligon View Post
I keep getting a mag that my browser doesn't support WEB GL. I have to restart my computer to get back on. 1485105809
Hi Janice Ligon

I moved your post to the HTML5 thread.

Are you getting WebGL supported but Disabled ?

Try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps you. First time you load the game after the clearing, it will load slower as all graphics have to be loaded again.
Old Mar 09 2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi leighwj1960,

Your SN may not have found the registration email sent to them when they registered, without that and following the instructions in that email to verify, then they will see a message saying that they don't have permission to post in an area open for posting. Please ask them to check the spam/junk folder of their emails as it sometimes ends up there, they will need to look for it within 24 hours of registering. If they still can't find it then please let us know the user name they used to register with so we can take a look at the account.

In the meantime please ask have them check that they have done all updates on their computer and also checked for browser updates, then go to the 1st post on page 1 of this thread so they can compare what their computer has to what would provide optimum game play and see if there is anything listed there that they have not tried yet.

Once they are registered if they still need to post, then they can provide the information themselves.
I am the Super Neighbor that leighwj1960 was trying to help.
My browser is updated, I have tried Opera, Chrome and Firefox with the same results
My computer is compatible with the game
I have turned on Hardware acceleration
I have tried all the troubleshooting tips

When I am working multiple farms the farms and the browser becomes unstable and freezes up after about 4-8 farms and has to be shutdown and restarted. It is worse when there is a lot of fishing.
Before the switch over I would go offline to work and that would help to speed things up and reduce the chances of locking up
Old Mar 09 2021, 07:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljones View Post
I am the Super Neighbor that leighwj1960 was trying to help.
My browser is updated, I have tried Opera, Chrome and Firefox with the same results
My computer is compatible with the game
I have turned on Hardware acceleration
I have tried all the troubleshooting tips

When I am working multiple farms the farms and the browser becomes unstable and freezes up after about 4-8 farms and has to be shutdown and restarted. It is worse when there is a lot of fishing.
Before the switch over I would go offline to work and that would help to speed things up and reduce the chances of locking up
Hi LJones,
What computer type are you using? Windows or Mac?
Please post the first 10 lines of your FT Console below the game.
If those farms are heavily layered try unchecking all the show items you do not need for the work, before going to their farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 10 2021, 01:52 AM

Default black screen

hi my farms been working great, but got back on they start loading to around u55 or 65 then just stop, clean out chac went to adv. setting and all is all hardware is on. been running game on chrome been working best on it since last time taz help me out. now none are working just white screen,chrome is only one very slow but stops mid way. did get on 1 time but could not do anything lost it as soon as i tried to sn friend. please help, ty so for your time. Terri- (mod edit: email removed) USER ID number is: 1109006456

Last edited by Tiger; Mar 10 2021 at 03:47 AM.
Old Mar 10 2021, 04:36 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri0421 View Post
hi my farms been working great, but got back on they start loading to around u55 or 65 then just stop, clean out chac went to adv. setting and all is all hardware is on. been running game on chrome been working best on it since last time taz help me out. now none are working just white screen,chrome is only one very slow but stops mid way. did get on 1 time but could not do anything lost it as soon as i tried to sn friend. please help, ty so for your time. Terri- (mod edit: email removed) USER ID number is: 1109006456
Hi Terri0421,

I have moved your post to the current thread for loading issues. I have also removed your email address from your post for safety, please try to remember not to include it in your posts here as this is a public forum.

I am a little confused by what it is you are saying, you mention both black screen and white screen when you try to load the game. Which browsers is it you are using now, Firefox or Chrome, are they both a problem and both stuck at lower U levels?

Have you made any changes to your browser other than updating it since you last were able to load the game? Are cookies and popups still allowed in your browser, please check that those have not been disabled and also check that your browser is still up to date and that any extensions added to it are disabled while you try to load the game.

I have turned off all the show settings in your preferences that would show what is on your farms for you so that you are not trying to load those as well when you first try to load the game. Close all other open tabs in your browser so that you are only trying to load Farm Town in your browser. This is your farm link for one of your smaller farms, please use that just see if you can load the game with those settings turned off: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...456&farm_ix=39

If you can load that farm, don't try to show anything in preferences, just try going farm to farm and see if you can load them all with nothing showing. If you can, try showing just one item like show crops and see how you get on with that before you try to show any more. As you like to heavily layer waters on your farms I would leave those until last to try. When you are doing your SN work please try only showing the items you need to work on so you have less to load.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 10 2021, 06:18 AM

i get to farms and same thing i get on then did as you said 1 thing at time comes up but wont work after that tried sn field same thing 1 click and thats it. this is first time its acted like this,it will take me to field but cant do anything,am working off chrome only one doing anything, firefox and edge just what screen saying farm town. tested both cubes 1 and 2 the turning check to make noting is running and just did a scan.
Old Mar 10 2021, 08:51 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri0421 View Post
i get to farms and same thing i get on then did as you said 1 thing at time comes up but wont work after that tried sn field same thing 1 click and thats it. this is first time its acted like this,it will take me to field but cant do anything,am working off chrome only one doing anything, firefox and edge just what screen saying farm town. tested both cubes 1 and 2 the turning check to make noting is running and just did a scan.
Hi Terri0421,

If you have previously been able to load all your farms and work them and you have not added to your farms which would make loading them slower than before or changed anything in your browsers then it sounds like you have a slow connection somewhere which you may have to wait out for whoever owns the connection to see the problem, find and fix it. There's no way to pin exactly where that problem connection is.

There's no need for you to clear memcache again today as you've already done it several times.

It's sounding like you are having problems when trying to work heavy farms so as you show more items the problem gets worse. If it is a slowdown somewhere and you can't work the items by showing just one type, working it, hiding it and then showing the next one either then you'll have to wait that out and see if it improves.

If you haven't you tried the following already it might be worth doing it to make sure nothing in your routers memory is hanging up the game either:
  • shutting down the computer
  • turning off your modem/router for a few minutes
  • then reboot

Then try the game again and see if it's hanging up when going to a specific farm, if it does let us know which of your farms it's doing it on and we will try loading it to see if we get any problems with it as well. Also when it hangs up, look in the console beneath the game and see if it's showing you any errors or webGL going disabled.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 11 2021, 06:47 PM

Default Same ussue

I have this exact same issue, with nothing going on my computer but one tab on farmtown, I cannot even use chrome or opera because farmtown takes up too much of my computers memory and crashes it. Firefox is better but still terrible when trying to work other people facilities or doing fish farms. I have the compressed files checked also. Using flash I could have multiple tabs open and even 2 browsers and worked fine.
Old Mar 11 2021, 06:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laditz View Post
I have this exact same issue, with nothing going on my computer but one tab on farmtown, I cannot even use chrome or opera because farmtown takes up too much of my computers memory and crashes it. Firefox is better but still terrible when trying to work other people facilities or doing fish farms. I have the compressed files checked also. Using flash I could have multiple tabs open and even 2 browsers and worked fine.
Hi laditz,
I moved your post to the HTML thread about frequent crashes.

Please read the first post of this thread about the requirements for the game.
What type of computer are you using? Windows or Mac? What version?
How much memory does your computer have?

Please post the first 10 lines of the FT Console here after you open your farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl