Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 03 2010, 11:39 PM
Account Not Linked

It is really to bad that so many folks are left without manners : (
I try to do the work I was hired for and thank the farmer when I'm done if they don't hire me to plow in a min. I go. We should all remember that - things happen sometimes when your on the computer, Phones, kids, and maybe even emergency's.

happy Farming All : )
Old Feb 04 2010, 09:14 AM

Default Intervention on the farm.....

Truth be told I dont play farm town as much as I used to, I plant 3 day crops and come back when they are done and hire at the mp to harvest and plow. The last few times I have done this however I have had issues with my hired hands. I have 3 farms 2 of which have over 800 plots on them. I hire two people to work, no more, no less. Most of the time it goes just fine however the last two times I've hired theres been tension on the farm.

Both times I interviened telling them there was plenty to go around. My farms can be difficult to harvest as I have tree groves on top of crops so sometimes I have to explain things to people that dont understand how the prefrences work. My question is, how many of you have found yourself in this situation and what exactly do you do about it?

Unfortunately I can be a confrontational person. I dont need to tell people where to go every time I have to hire. Im having a hard enough time keeping interest in farmtown right now much less having childish arguments to deal with.

Riverview plantation
Old Feb 04 2010, 09:22 AM

blow them up blow them all up if not I just hire the nicer one of the two to go to the next farm and leave the unreasonable one to moan to there self

or send the nice on a private chet to say ill ignore the other one id suggest you do the same

But if people want to ''fight'' leave them to it

If you make one person smile then that person makes one person smile soon the world will be smiling

ive posted because of my obsessive compulsive posting disorder or OCPD

The blacksmiths arms
Old Mar 20 2010, 01:51 PM
Account Not Linked

I've been FarmTowning it for a year now and pretty much seen it all.

I hire exactly how I myself like to be hired which is:

One person on each farm to harvest with an offer of ploughing after. I ask if they want the work for themselves or need help. 100% of the time they're happy to work on their own (I can relate to that).

I plant crops that I myself enjoy harvesting, in other words high yield crops such as pineapples, cotton, peppers etc.

If I want to level up, I plant raspberries and harvest myself then offer the ploughing at the MP to people with good manners standing around the edges keeping themselves to themselves. The only 'test' I'm interested in, is whether people have good manners or not.

With regards to silly little games people play - Example: Was hired yesterday with 4 others to harvest 3 trees then got told to stop standing there and hop to it LOL - Seriously, I left laughing. Some people are too sad and pathetic to get mad at, they really are.

From an employee point of view. I'll happily do any work that I'm hired to do be it trees, grapes, ploughing etc etc. I actually like the element of surprise especially when it's a big field of pineapples - Aren't they the best?

I would NEVER stand in the MP and state 'solo plough only' or 'don't do trees' or 'only harvest pineapples' - I'm sure progression in the game with that attitude is slowwwww.

Best way to get hired is to clearly state that you're available for work once every 2 or 3 minutes.

As far as glitches go, I've been booted by the server that many times I've lost count and then felt really guilty that the hirer may have thought I just left without saying thank you - But what can you do when it's not your fault? When my farm is half harvested/ploughed I just think it's a shame they lost the work because of the server.

I've also left farms where other employees are being down right rude by moving in on a patch that I'm clearly methodically working - There's no need for it.

Got in a squabble only once with a lady who ploughed a divide line down the ahem "middle" of a field. I counted the rows, the ratio was 18:13 in her favour. I knew she'd laid out a boundry that I WASN'T to cross so when my 13 rows were ploughed I crossed it to see if she'd say something. Sure enough, she soon started to complain so I just ignored her, ploughed two more rows, said thank you to the nice farmer and left...

I've learnt that you have to take this game with a very big pinch of salt. If people behave in a way that you don't like, either walk away or put them on ignore. Simples.
Old Mar 20 2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Soliloquy View Post

One person on each farm to harvest with an offer of ploughing after. I ask if they want the work for themselves or need help. 100% of the time they're happy to work on their own (I can relate to that).

I plant crops that I myself enjoy harvesting, in other words high yield crops such as pineapples, cotton, peppers etc.

If I want to level up, I plant raspberries and harvest myself then offer the ploughing at the MP to people with good manners standing around the edges keeping themselves to themselves. The only 'test' I'm interested in, is whether people have good manners or not.

With regards to silly little games people play - Example: Was hired yesterday with 4 others to harvest 3 trees then got told to stop standing there and hop to it LOL - Seriously, I left laughing. Some people are too sad and pathetic to get mad at, they really are.

From an employee point of view. I'll happily do any work that I'm hired to do be it trees, grapes, ploughing etc etc. I actually like the element of surprise especially when it's a big field of pineapples - Aren't they the best?

I would NEVER stand in the MP and state 'solo plough only' or 'don't do trees' or 'only harvest pineapples' - I'm sure progression in the game with that attitude is slowwwww.

Best way to get hired is to clearly state that you're available for work once every 2 or 3 minutes.

As far as glitches go, I've been booted by the server that many times I've lost count and then felt really guilty that the hirer may have thought I just left without saying thank you - But what can you do when it's not your fault? When my farm is half harvested/ploughed I just think it's a shame they lost the work because of the server.

I've also left farms where other employees are being down right rude by moving in on a patch that I'm clearly methodically working - There's no need for it.

Got in a squabble only once with a lady who ploughed a divide line down the ahem "middle" of a field. I counted the rows, the ratio was 18:13 in her favour. I knew she'd laid out a boundry that I WASN'T to cross so when my 13 rows were ploughed I crossed it to see if she'd say something. Sure enough, she soon started to complain so I just ignored her, ploughed two more rows, said thank you to the nice farmer and left...

I've learnt that you have to take this game with a very big pinch of salt. If people behave in a way that you don't like, either walk away or put them on ignore. Simples.
I think this is sound, thoughtful practice. Well done!
Old Apr 25 2010, 09:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Soliloquy View Post

Very sound indeed!

However, as far as Raspberries go, most of the good folk on my buddy list are more than willing to harvest them for me. I send them a msg stating I only have raspberries and ask if they are keen - almost all of the time they are at my farm in a flash. When I do plant raspberries, you can guarantee I have planted all three of my farms full and ask my kind helper if they want all three to themselves (to hopefully make it worth their while) - again, almost all the time they are keen to do so. If they are not keen, for whatever reason, I do not hold it against them and let them know that. If they are a little slow, I have no gripe either; the way I see it, they are doing ME the favour!

These good folk I talk of BTW, are always first on my list when I have a higher yielding crop.

If none of my buddies are online, then I look for folk at the MP to hire. I state clearly that I have Raspberries and ask if anyone is willing. The first person to show that they have read my request (use my name, say they dont mind Raspberries, are polite, etc) gets the job. In fact, this is how I make half my buddies in the first place - keen, polite folk who are more than happy to help regardless of the yield. Generally I am not concerned about a workers speed or their level or even whether they chat or not (if they want to chat, I'll chat, if not, I leave them to it). If they get in and get the job done without any fuss and are polite, most of the time I will add them to my buddy list so I can offer them a higher yielding crop when I have one.

That all being said, unfortunately as of late, the MP has been *very* buggy for me and approx. 90% of the time I am not seeing most of the people there or their names in my chat box, so I will look for those who stand there flooding the chat box with their begging (only the full on beggers though - i.e. those who relentlessly flood the chat box and/or use foul language and insults) and hire 3 or 4 of them at a time. If they are that desperate to work, they really shouldn't mind sharing even the smallest of yield, should they....?

Last edited by lano; Apr 26 2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old Feb 04 2010, 09:35 AM

If you make one person smile then that person makes one person smile soon the world will be smiling

ive posted because of my obsessive compulsive posting disorder or OCPD

The blacksmiths arms
Old Feb 04 2010, 10:26 AM

Tom, I feel exactly the same as you. What I do is hire to harvest, Leave FT and come here usually and then go hire new people to plow and leave again. They can bicker all they want because I am not even there. As far as hiding trees ( back when I had trees) I would only hire those that said they knew how in the MP. I have tons of patience here in the forum but on my farm. Not so much.
Old Feb 04 2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdh View Post
Tom, I feel exactly the same as you. What I do is hire to harvest, Leave FT and come here usually and then go hire new people to plow and leave again. They can bicker all they want because I am not even there. As far as hiding trees ( back when I had trees) I would only hire those that said they knew how in the MP. I have tons of patience here in the forum but on my farm. Not so much.

Maybe thats what I should do too. I always thought it to be kinda rude(just my opinion) to leave but I dont play farmtown for added stress. Ive raised a child by myself for the most part and am done explaining about sharing

Riverview plantation
Old Feb 04 2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Farmer Tom~ View Post
Maybe thats what I should do too. I always thought it to be kinda rude(just my opinion) to leave but I dont play farmtown for added stress. Ive raised a child by myself for the most part and am done explaining about sharing
No, I don't think its rude at all. Occasionally, when I get hired as I am selling my crops its awesome when the farm owner isn't there. And you shouldn't need to explain sharing. Let them duke it out! FT Is supposed to be fun and relaxing, if you find that it isn't, just change your strategy.