Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 08 2014, 11:00 PM

Yep, TuckertBNC, they lose the bonus. They have to complete everything you hired them for in order to receive the bonus.
Old Dec 09 2014, 12:15 PM

The bonus chest has become a moot point for many people. People still accept the job then only take only the crops or trees, or flowers they need and leave the rest unfinished. They already have billions of coins so they aren't going to miss the coins if they don't finish and collect the bonus plus except for harvesting/plowing crops where you get XP's there is no real incentive to do the other jobs when all you get for it is coins.
Old Dec 09 2014, 01:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
The bonus chest has become a moot point for many people. People still accept the job then only take only the crops or trees, or flowers they need and leave the rest unfinished. They already have billions of coins so they aren't going to miss the coins if they don't finish and collect the bonus plus except for harvesting/plowing crops where you get XP's there is no real incentive to do the other jobs when all you get for it is coins.
Hi ccheney,
You also get a percentage of the harvests depending on what it is for.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 10 2014, 12:08 AM

That's what I meant. They take what crops and trees or flowers they need and leave the rest because they have what items they need and don't really need the bonus. That's why I think you should have to do the whole job before you get any of what you harvest ,chop etc... You shouldn't get compensated for an unfinished job.
Old Dec 11 2014, 10:56 PM

I've just learned how to clear out the marketplace. Ask if anyone wants to harvest and chop a lot of trees. Just now there were 10 farmers and me in the marketplace and I asked that question and 8 of the 10 farmers immediately disappeared. The two who stayed were in pink and not looking for work.
Old Dec 12 2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
I've just learned how to clear out the marketplace. Ask if anyone wants to harvest and chop a lot of trees. Just now there were 10 farmers and me in the marketplace and I asked that question and 8 of the 10 farmers immediately disappeared. The two who stayed were in pink and not looking for work.
Isn't that the truth?!!!! I love to do the flowers, trees and fish because that's where I get the most coins! Guess I'm in the minority.
Old Dec 12 2014, 01:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
Isn't that the truth?!!!! I love to do the flowers, trees and fish because that's where I get the most coins! Guess I'm in the minority.
This is why I spent the Farm Cash to buy the big tools. If I have to do the work myself I might as well make it as easy as possible to do the work.
Old Dec 14 2014, 06:02 PM

Does anyone know why someone wouldn't use an employer's tools? The past three people I have hired used their own tools (ie - 4x4 harvester, 4x4 plower) instead of my 10x10 combine. I asked why and one said she doesn't think she should benefit from someone else's tools and one said she didn't know how to use someone else's tools. I thought it just defaulted to the best tools available. I have the bigger tools because I want things to be faster and easier...
Old Dec 14 2014, 06:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaparagod View Post
Does anyone know why someone wouldn't use an employer's tools? The past three people I have hired used their own tools (ie - 4x4 harvester, 4x4 plower) instead of my 10x10 combine. I asked why and one said she doesn't think she should benefit from someone else's tools and one said she didn't know how to use someone else's tools. I thought it just defaulted to the best tools available. I have the bigger tools because I want things to be faster and easier...
Hi notaparagod,
It does default to the best tool available, yours or theirs. They may not have realized it and went to the tool box and picked up what they knew to be their best tool not realizing that your tools are listed there.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 14 2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaparagod View Post
I thought it defaulted to the biggest tools too; I know it does when I'm hired. I hired someone to use my tools and fuel and she refused - using her single harvester and plower for a huge farm! She said she preferred to do it the "old fashioned way".