Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 03:41 AM

Default Thank you Thank you Thank you

Thank you so much for restoring it to the old way. And thanx for keeping on trying to improve it. You cant get everything right everytime, I still look forward to farmtown growing and expanding.........words fail me hahahahaha
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Hello Farmers! In order to minimize lost XP/coins we.....

"Hello Farmers! In order to minimize lost XP/coins we did some changes to the way the game works when you are hired, but we are restoring the old version sometime today due to popular demand. Thanks."

I'm here BEGGING that the old version NOT be restored...it's so much easier & faster the way it currently is & harvesting & plowing is so much faster & easier on the wrist too...PLEASE do NOT revert back!!!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 04:10 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyHere View Post
"Hello Farmers! In order to minimize lost XP/coins we did some changes to the way the game works when you are hired, but we are restoring the old version sometime today due to popular demand. Thanks."

I'm here BEGGING that the old version NOT be restored...it's so much easier & faster the way it currently is & harvesting & plowing is so much faster & easier on the wrist too...PLEASE do NOT revert back!!!!!
You have this option even if/when it is rolled back to when it actually worked for the majority of players.

On your menu option for "Preferences", you may put a check mark in the box that reads, "Wait for each plow/plant". That will give you the same sensation and experience! Win/Win!
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow moe™ View Post
Yes, 1 person harvesting/plowing is a good idea. Or the way it was before, but maybe add an option for the person hiring to either boot or warn by means of a strike anyone who gets out of line, like the people who just start clicking randomly where others are working in a straight line. 3 strikes, you're on the bench or reported or something, maybe even have it where it shows everyone else which people have gotten strikes so they can choose not to hire that person in the future. Or maybe set it up so wherever a person starts working, they can only work in a straght line till they collide with someone else, then they are finished. But this slow down that is happening now is just too slow. And for the people who just can't keep up or go as fast as others, well, they either need to upgrade their 10 year old pcs, or get a faster internet speed than dial up, or just simply practice to learn to click faster & more accurately than the more experienced people. Maybe there's a way to have different marketplaces for those with dial up, then they are all in their own room together and won't have conflicts with the vast majority of users on hi-speed connections.

Personally I like the idea of having only 1 person working at a time. Maybe you could share with us the reasons you think this would cause problems so we can put our heads together & come up with possible solutions or alternatives. Many heads are better than 1.
I totally agree about being able to boot someone for jumping around...that is so immature. I hate when people do that...it's like they are scared they are going to miss out on something. Yeah..like ebay...Bad feedback for the ones that don't play right lol
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:55 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonfan View Post
I totally agree about being able to boot someone for jumping around...that is so immature. I hate when people do that...it's like they are scared they are going to miss out on something. Yeah..like ebay...Bad feedback for the ones that don't play right lol
YES! I have thought every time that someone was doing a "slash and burn" and getting into everyones way by jumping all over that we should be able to boot them off.

Leslie

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:02 AM

Hi, I'd like to start by saying I have enjoyed playing Farmtown very much.

The update yesterday did not work very well for me. It took at least 2 and a half to three seconds on each harvested field or plowed field.

I am glad you are going back to the former system for harvesting and plowing. One reason I like that is that we can click ahead of our avatar and then be able to chat while the avatar catches up.

The main thing I want to request, though, is that you do not put an arbitrary limit on the number of people we can hire to harvest or plow on our farms.

I have a group of friends who have harvesting parties, and there will be a bunch of us all working together on each others' farms. It makes it such a fun cooperative game. If you limit the number of hires, that will spoil our ability to choose to do much of our farm work in that community spirit that we've developed.

Thanks for listening.

Karen
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:36 AM

Thank you for reverting back to the previous version. Things are so bad as they are that I am not going to do any work for anybody until it's fixed.

With that said, perhaps you can fix the real problem... that is the constant server timeouts. I'm sure you know that this issue is the real cause of lost XP and coin. You harvest and plow only to find out that you've been timed out and all your work is lost. Bad for the worker and bad for the farmer.

As for the idea of limiting how many people can be hired... I have mixed feelings on this. Yes, some people hire way too many people to harvest and/or plow. When I'm hired that way, I simply leave the job. I will usually tell the farmer that he/she doesn't need that many people for the scope of work. On the other hand, I am a level 60 with two farms. One is 1020 squares workable plots. I find that hiring 3 or 4 people is just about right for this size farm. I really think it would be way too slow if I was limited to just one hire. Perhaps you could base the number of hires on how many squares were available to be worked?

And, what's with the huge icons when seeding? They are so large they are frightening. Who thought that was a good idea, and why?

Good luck with the fixes.
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:55 AM

Default Suggestions

When the hiring pane comes up for a hiree put that he/she is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc to be hired for this job. Let the hiree know that the field will be crowded and the risk for collisions/lost coins may exist. Same for plowers.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow moe™ View Post
And for the people who just can't keep up or go as fast as others, well, they either need to upgrade their 10 year old pcs, or get a faster internet speed than dial up, or just simply practice to learn to click faster & more accurately than the more experienced people.
MAYBE, you should remember that this is a game and that not all people in the world has the same opportunities regarding internetoptions....
And yes, there are people from ALL OVER the world playing the same game...
I still have problems, I have a brand new pc (1 week old-HAHAHA!) The best internetconnection and YES I am a pretty gooood player!!! Merry christmas!
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:18 AM

So some people have time to earn 500,000 coins/7000xp in one sitting...are you serious?! Sorry, I don't...and certainly not with this latest upgrade!
Closed Thread