Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 29 2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornyroo View Post
u guys r nuts lol

actuall this year Mar 15 will be the 17th anniversary of the 18th anniversary of my birthday... work that one out
Old Jan 30 2012, 05:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW2009 View Post
FACEBOOK WILL END ON MARCH 15th, 2012! Many of Farmers are wondering A: is it for reals & B: if it is for reals then what about Farm Town? Please I am concerned since I live for Farm Town - Thank You and Happy Farming
I think someone got it wrong... Facebook is going on the stock exchange soon.. so there is no way it is shutting down
Old Jan 30 2012, 09:03 AM

The one thing about Farm Town is the levels and the Experience spread. I have worked very hard at this game since the days when there was only one farm, no tools and you could only plant, harvest and sell your crop(s).

Now having millions of XP it has become difficult to keep up the enthusiasm for the game. While new players are able to continue to level up and earn FC for their increasing levels, those of us who have exceeded the threshold sit and wait for about 6 weeks to get a 25 level increase. Meanwhile, the game rushes forward and 4 new facilities that require FC are released.

We used to be able to do items like sign up for Netflix or shop for Auto Insurance or watch a video or sign up for a game to earn extra cash. Now, even though I have put good money into this game, yes I broke my rules about paying for online gaming and spent REAL money because I enjoyed the game that much, I don't even get enough farm cash in the level increases to purchase ONE facility. That means that while I can accumulate enough Farm Cash in 3 months to purchase 2 facilities, there are at least 6 new Farm Cash facilities that are released putting me further and further behind in keeping up with the progress of the game.

To someone who has been a loyal player and who has put real money into the game to support it, this is disheartening and frustrating. I have noticed that I have to force myself to do some of the tasks that I normally would have been doing on a daily basis.

I still play and will continue to play, but I want the devs to know that their holding back on the Level increases for the few of us who have over 20 million XP, is sending some of the older more entrenched players elsewhere where experience is rewarded frequently. A substantial jump in Levels is warranted and would help the game in the short term and would increase the player retention in the long run. The devs of Slashkey need to take a long view of the situation.

Farm Town is still and in my opinion always will be the best Sim type game on Facebook.
Old Jan 30 2012, 12:16 PM

Well put jennieh11!
Old Jan 30 2012, 01:22 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I understand that times are tough and money is short .... but I will spend $20 for Farmcash 'occasionally' and between that and getting the new levels as we've been getting them .. I have been able to afford all the FC tools that I felt I needed to help me in my enjoyment of the game ..... just $10 goes a long way ...

I am on disability which is seriously FIXED income .... but that little bit of money goes a long way for MY enjoyment ... I don't go to the movies and this game is my daily entertainment ...

If you think you can't afford it > go 1 week drinking water only (refill the same bottles!) .. call it a body cleanse if you will ... if you drink soft drinks or coffee at all you saved $10 by drinking water for a week so buy yourself some FC as a reward for a sugar/caffine drink free week ..

I quit buying the FC factories in favor of getting the 1st step FC tools with what Farmcash I had ... since I decided I had already bought enough of the FC facilities ... so now there are quite a few that I don't have .. if there comes a quest my way where a factory I don't have is needed then I have a decision to make .. to buy or not to buy ... my choice
Old Jan 30 2012, 02:10 PM

I have a question for all the old time players How long did it take you to advance 25 levels and earn 25 farm cash in the good old days and as we advanced it took longer cuz you needed more xp point for each level .NOW we can do it in one jump in just 6-7 weeks I think the developers are more than generous in giving us more levels in one jump. They really do not have to do this. I know a lot of the other games do not.

I want to thank the developers for all they do for us, And I know they will NEVER satisfy all of the players no matter what they do . I am beginning to think it is a very thankless and thankful job all the time. Not sure if that makes sense or not. But that is just my 2 cents for what it is worth.
Old Jan 30 2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpat View Post
I have a question for all the old time players How long did it take you to advance 25 levels and earn 25 farm cash in the good old days and as we advanced it took longer cuz you needed more xp point for each level .NOW we can do it in one jump in just 6-7 weeks I think the developers are more than generous in giving us more levels in one jump. They really do not have to do this. I know a lot of the other games do not.

I want to thank the developers for all they do for us, And I know they will NEVER satisfy all of the players no matter what they do . I am beginning to think it is a very thankless and thankful job all the time. Not sure if that makes sense or not. But that is just my 2 cents for what it is worth.
There was no FC when I first started but I did get to level 34...then the highest...in a month. Today I could do that in a few days.
Old Jan 30 2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpat View Post

heheh in the good old days, you didint get farm cash for advancing levels..

i did levels 1 - 34(?) the original high in 4 weeks 6 days - which then was a miracle - 150,000 xp from memory, no tools...

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Jan 30 2012, 04:35 PM
Account Not Linked

When I mouse over my crops, its just telling me when it will be ready for harvest. I seem to have lost the F or the W. Is this just a glitch? Rather annoying lol
Old Jan 30 2012, 04:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
When I mouse over my crops, its just telling me when it will be ready for harvest. I seem to have lost the F or the W. Is this just a glitch? Rather annoying lol
I see them on my crops under the time to harvest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread