Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 30 2022, 10:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki77 View Post
I have read everything I can find on neighbors. My problem is I can't get rid of people that don't accept my friend request. I would like to add neighbors who will accept. I have gone into their farm and did the box and I have deleted them off my friends list. Can't get them off my list. Help
Hi nikki,
I moved your post to the thread about neighbors.
Have you removed them as friends on Facebook. If not then they will stay on your My Neighbors list. That list is a list from Facebook of all your friends that have the Farm Town app in their Facebook. The only way to get them off your list is to remove them as friends on Facebook. Even doing that it will take a few days for Facebook to remove them from the list they send to Farm Town.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2023, 09:23 PM
Account Not Linked

I have a friend who is playing FT. I show as a neighbor on his lists. I see him on my list of neighbors as having sent a request to him, but he never gets it. When I click on him, I get the spinning circle and his name never appears but it shows as being sent. (I doubt that it's sent. It's acting the same way as gifting with the spinning circle.) Is there any way you can connect me to him and force the request to him. I know FB is slow to fix this but I'm looking for a work around. His ID is 108858585416554. First name Xerxes. BTW, he has gotten requests from other farmers so it isn't a problem with him. memcache cleared, different browsers tried, reboots done. Just me. Thanks!
Old Jan 02 2023, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsederquest@yahoo.com View Post
I have a friend who is playing FT. I show as a neighbor on his lists. I see him on my list of neighbors as having sent a request to him, but he never gets it. When I click on him, I get the spinning circle and his name never appears but it shows as being sent. (I doubt that it's sent. It's acting the same way as gifting with the spinning circle.) Is there any way you can connect me to him and force the request to him. I know FB is slow to fix this but I'm looking for a work around. His ID is 108858585416554. Fist name Xerxes. BTW, he has gotten requests from other farmers so it isn't a problem with him. Just me. Thanks!
Hi jsederquest,
There isn't any way we can fix this for you.

Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Try cancelling the request, then resend it and see if it will go through.
This was broken by Facebook, but the develop0ers did create a work around for it. When you click to send them a request you should see a pop up like for sending gifts and it should contain only their name. You then have to click on the send button next to their name and then the done button at the bottom.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 03 2023, 05:50 AM

Default Missing neighbor

I have a Super Neighbor who not only shows on MY neighbor list and icon bar at the bottom of my screen, However, I am totally absent from their neighbor list, in fact it shows me as a non-neighbor who needs reminded. They have cleaned the memcache several times and cleared their cookies, and yet I still don't show as a neighbor. Why?
Old Jan 03 2023, 07:29 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcashman View Post
I have a Super Neighbor who not only shows on MY neighbor list and icon bar at the bottom of my screen, However, I am totally absent from their neighbor list, in fact it shows me as a non-neighbor who needs reminded. They have cleaned the memcache several times and cleared their cookies, and yet I still don't show as a neighbor. Why?
Hi mbcashman,

The neighbour requests works 2 ways. To be mutual neighbours you each have to send a request and you both have to accept it.

As you have them on your own neighbour bar that means that they have accepted the request that you sent to them, and that one has worked fine.

As you are not showing up on their Neighbours bar and it's showing them you need reminding then that means either you need to accept the neighbour request that they sent to you, or that when you accepted it the request didn't work.

Ask them to check how many neighbours they currently have. If they are close to their own maximum then that is a possible cause of the request not working when you try to accept it.

The average amount of neighbours for most users can be between 80 to 110 but that really depends on lengths of ids. Some users can have a few more than 110 neighbours. What can also happen when they are close to their limit is that they may have space for shorter length id but a longer one won't fit, which would require removing a current neighbour to make more space in the database to add a neighbour with a longer id.

If they are within those limits ask them to cancel the request and send you a new request. They also need to check the small embedded window that will show up and see if it's showing "empty response". If it is showing them that then that's a current issue with Facebook and may be why either you are not receiving the neighbour request or that when you accept it, it doesn't work.

If you get the neighbour request, when you accept it please also check if you see a small embedded window with empty response. If you do that is the same FB issue.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 16 2023, 11:42 AM

i'm a little bit confused with the "disable Super-Neighbor Farming" setting
i used to have my 2 quest farms, 20 & 28, set on private and disable, and everything was fine. then i decided that "disable" should be enough to not only keep my SN from planting and harvesting but also from irrigating. i had noticed that even though i had set my farms on disable and private, my SN would still fertilize my quest farms, but that wasn't really a problem for me.
my SN being able to irrigate my quest farms is....
thanks for your help. it's always appreciated
Old Jan 16 2023, 11:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalm View Post
i'm a little bit confused with the "disable Super-Neighbor Farming" setting
i used to have my 2 quest farms, 20 & 28, set on private and disable, and everything was fine. then i decided that "disable" should be enough to not only keep my SN from planting and harvesting but also from irrigating. i had noticed that even though i had set my farms on disable and private, my SN would still fertilize my quest farms, but that wasn't really a problem for me.
my SN being able to irrigate my quest farms is....
thanks for your help. it's always appreciated
Hi Vonalm,
The disable Super neighbor for a farm does not stop them from irrigating that farm. Only the Private or Quest farm settings can do that.
Old Jan 16 2023, 11:59 AM

thanks Taz D *heart*
could you please refresh my memory and tell me where the quest farm setting is. *blush*
Old Jan 16 2023, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalm View Post
thanks Taz D *heart*
could you please refresh my memory and tell me where the quest farm setting is. *blush*
Hi Vonalm,
Go to the farm and click on the farm name at the top. It is in the menu that drops down.
Old Jan 16 2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Vonalm,
Go to the farm and click on the farm name at the top. It is in the menu that drops down.
sorry Taz, i must be totally off today as i don't see it. do you mean this menu
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FT_quest farm_Screenshot 2023-01-16 130314.jpg (59.9 KB, 7 views)

Tags
archived farm, beige dot, blue dot, can't add neighbour, colored dots, coloured dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbor requests, neighbors, neighbour, new neighbours, purple dot, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools, super neighbors