Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 08 2023, 12:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Is there a way to disable the Seaport Manager? I do not want to spend all the time on the ships. Thank you
Old Sep 08 2023, 06:50 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadin.nguyen@uky.edu View Post
Is there a way to disable the Seaport Manager? I do not want to spend all the time on the ships. Thank you
Hi kadin.nguyen,

Your first post about this was answered. Please click on this link to go to it to read the reply:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...78#post6561178

One thing to consider before you decide what to do, is that if you are participating in Farm Pass that when you no longer have your port open and are not receiving ships from farmers that it does not prevent you getting any ship goals, so you would have rely on completing other goals to earn your points for any rewards.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 17 2023, 11:59 AM

Default Not getting notifications that ship's containers are done

This has been happening lately with every ship.

When I am at work on my own farm, and I start to prepare a ship, I am not always getting the notifications that my containers are done.
Sometimes I'm getting them, but often, I'm not.

I understand that, if I leave my farm, like to work for a SuperNeighbor, the notifications will stop. Usually, if I'm going to be working for the same SN for a while, if I open up my ship and prepare the next container, the notifications will begin again until I move to another farm - but, it also often stops notifying me when the containers are ready if I'm on the same SN farm, too, for a long time, and I prepare containers from that farm.

I just don't understand why I'm not getting the notifications when I begin to prepare a ship when I'm on my own farm, don't leave my farm for a long time, and am actively planting, harvesting, or decorating my farm. Does the game not know that I'm on my farm? I do also find that I'm getting "time out" messages when I'm planting - the game telling me that I've been inactive when I'm not inactive, I'm planting. Is that not considered activity? Is that why I'm not getting notifications about the ship containers?

It's just annoying, because I'm busy with facilities or planting, and I lose track of time, but it occurs to me that it's been more than 15 minutes and I should have prepared several containers by then (because of FP, I do my ships every day, so there's never more than roughly 6 minutes in between containers).

I haven't seen anyone else post anything about not getting notifications about their containers, so I'm not sure if it's just me or what.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

BTW, if I don't see your replies right away, it's because my personal email keeps sending those notifications to my junk mail even though I have noted that this is not junk mail over and over.

Kelly (KBW)
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...9172&farm_ix=0
Old Sep 17 2023, 12:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerKBW View Post
This has been happening lately with every ship.

When I am at work on my own farm, and I start to prepare a ship, I am not always getting the notifications that my containers are done.
Sometimes I'm getting them, but often, I'm not.

I understand that, if I leave my farm, like to work for a SuperNeighbor, the notifications will stop. Usually, if I'm going to be working for the same SN for a while, if I open up my ship and prepare the next container, the notifications will begin again until I move to another farm - but, it also often stops notifying me when the containers are ready if I'm on the same SN farm, too, for a long time, and I prepare containers from that farm.

I just don't understand why I'm not getting the notifications when I begin to prepare a ship when I'm on my own farm, don't leave my farm for a long time, and am actively planting, harvesting, or decorating my farm. Does the game not know that I'm on my farm? I do also find that I'm getting "time out" messages when I'm planting - the game telling me that I've been inactive when I'm not inactive, I'm planting. Is that not considered activity? Is that why I'm not getting notifications about the ship containers?

It's just annoying, because I'm busy with facilities or planting, and I lose track of time, but it occurs to me that it's been more than 15 minutes and I should have prepared several containers by then (because of FP, I do my ships every day, so there's never more than roughly 6 minutes in between containers).

I haven't seen anyone else post anything about not getting notifications about their containers, so I'm not sure if it's just me or what.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

BTW, if I don't see your replies right away, it's because my personal email keeps sending those notifications to my junk mail even though I have noted that this is not junk mail over and over.

Kelly (KBW)
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...9172&farm_ix=0
Hi Kelly,
If you leave the individual farm you are on when you start the preparation of a container, then you will not get the notifications. It only works if you stay on one farm while you are preparing them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 21 2023, 07:00 AM

Default Ship container loading time

This week my ship containers are taking between 10 and 12 minutes to load. I have 4 ships dispatched and one loading now. Usually takes between 4.5 and 6 minutes. Is this issue known and being worked on?
Old Sep 21 2023, 08:13 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmickeydee53 View Post
This week my ship containers are taking between 10 and 12 minutes to load. I have 4 ships dispatched and one loading now. Usually takes between 4.5 and 6 minutes. Is this issue known and being worked on?
Hi jmickeydee53,

The time it takes to load a container depends not only on the colour of the ship but also on how many ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days. To get the quickest times on each ship you need to dispatch one every day.

When you don't have at least 6 ships showing on the dispatch list the entire time that you are preparing a new ship that can mean you have a slower preparation time.

At the time of this post we are seeing you have 5 ships on your dispatch list. You are preparing the green ship which means your preparation time is not the shortest one possible for that ship so it's correct.

If you have not prepared all the containers on your green ship by the time another one drops from the dispatch list you will see the time change to a longer one again.

How to check the ships you have dispatched and all the container preparations times are listed in the Game Guide Chapter 32 Ship. If you want to see that specific post clicking on the following link will take you there:

https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...18#post6164118

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 21 2023 at 08:25 AM.
Old Sep 28 2023, 10:55 AM

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but it's something I haven't seen before, and cannot find anything here in the forum. I currently have three ships sailing .. and there is one "port" showing as completed but it's several ports ahead of the current one. For example .. my Green ship is sitting at port # 19 but port # 23 shows completed and is highlighted in pink. This same situation is occurring on the Green, Purple, and Blue ships with the "completed" port several ports ahead of the current port.

Thanks, Dottie
Old Sep 28 2023, 11:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnreynolds View Post
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but it's something I haven't seen before, and cannot find anything here in the forum. I currently have three ships sailing .. and there is one "port" showing as completed but it's several ports ahead of the current one. For example .. my Green ship is sitting at port # 19 but port # 23 shows completed and is highlighted in pink. This same situation is occurring on the Green, Purple, and Blue ships with the "completed" port several ports ahead of the current port.

Thanks, Dottie
Hi Dottie,
The port highlighted in pink means that person has closed their port by disabling it in their preferences. It does not mean the port has completed. When the preceding port is completed then it will skip to the next available port beyond the pink one. You will not get anything added from the disabled port.

It may be temporary while they are away or permanent. You will need to contact them to know for sure.
You can find this information in the Game Guide chapter 32 about ships:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 28 2023, 11:27 AM

Thanks Taz
I'm learning about these ships
Old Oct 07 2023, 06:19 PM

Default Ships not unloading

My ship is stuck at home port. Wont let me unload ship. Last ship at port won't load either.

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port