Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 06 2011, 10:34 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

i tried it out and it didnt matter if the square was (f) or not it counted as 1 towards the belt.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 06 2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaKay View Post
I play this game, not to compete with others, but to earn the coins, levels and XPs needed for whatever I can get on my own. I left the other farm game because I had to constantly beg neighbors for parts and things. The only reason I played the other game as long as I did, was for the crop masteries, which I could earn on my own and display the little sign showing I had earned it in that crop. No help from anyone else. Farm Town is so much better, less problems with the game, and, until the belt system, you didn't have to ask for help unless you wanted to. I just don't understand why you would want to do all the begging of neighbors for help to receive 1 box of extra crops and a few coins. I get double produce by fertilizing the fields and plenty of coins from the facilities daily! Instead of the belt system, why can't we earn things in the different crops without having to constantly bug the neighbors? I do harvest & plow for some neighbors but outside of that, I enjoy the game as a personal game, earning my XPs, levels and coins by my own work of planting, harvesting, plowing and operating the facilities, not socializing or begging..... Kinda like my own "zen" garden, I guess! Just my opinion..... :-)
I agreed with you about not liking the "begging" ... but I've since noticed that you can limit those notices to go to ONLY who you want them to. For instance if you have 3 neighbors who are really into FT and play regularly, make the default notices only go to them so you're not bothering other friends and family. There's a lock icon next to the box to Share ... click it and customize, then list only the people you know will help or enjoy the sharing.

don't know why I never noticed that option before, but I use it all the time now.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Old Jun 06 2011, 10:41 PM

Level:
XP:

as i rarely look at my wall i dont consider any of the belt postings to be begging.

Old Jun 06 2011, 11:08 PM

hi there ft there is a lot of players quiting the game as the gift problem has still not been sorted i have had 3 neighbours quit allready
Old Jun 06 2011, 11:12 PM

the gift thing was a facebook issue not a farmtown so you can not be upset with farm town for that one
Old Jun 06 2011, 11:42 PM

Just got online to find the maximum coins value has been changed from 250,000 coins every 3 hours to 1 million every 12 hours. Oh great it wasn't reset so now I have to wait up to 12 hours. The wall posts are even more useless than they were before! Does anyone remember the lyrics to the Monty Python spam song?
Old Jun 07 2011, 12:07 AM
Account Not Linked

Having been a fan of the belt rewards and that it was a bonus to both the poster and those who clicked, the new change to the 12 hour wait is not a good change.

Why would anyone click a neighbors reward link if posting your own high level dan belt bonus and 2 to 3 clicks on your own puts you at the max for 12 hours? If this is incorrect in how I'm perceiving this new change please explain.

There needs to be a happy medium here. Perhaps as someone suggested, the bonus is automatically rewarded and if you want to post bonus supplies for neighbors only it would be a better system.
Old Jun 07 2011, 12:18 AM

Level:
XP:

The bonuses we get from the "belts"..are they only available from having neighbors click the wall links? Or do we get bonuses just playing the game like we usually do?

Old Jun 07 2011, 12:25 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
The bonuses we get from the "belts"..are they only available from having neighbors click the wall links? Or do we get bonuses just playing the game like we usually do?

The belt rewards are from posting the links when you make each new belt or dan level.

Your actual rank is what gives you the chance to receive extra boxes of inventory as you harvest and play the game normally.
Old Jun 07 2011, 12:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Frustration is mounting here!

I thought I finally understood the mechanics of the bonus coin limits but my theory has been blown apart by my latest attempt to gift a bonus to a friend. It said that the bonus had been sent to her, but cos I had maxed out I wasn't to receive anything.

My understanding was that both gifting and receiving bonuses were subject to the one 1 mil coin limit. In other words, once I sent and received bonus gifts to the total value of 1 mil that was it - maxed out. Seems that is incorrect, yet it is what is stated in the update

Please, please, please could someone please explain how these limits work? In clear English that we can all comprehend and understand. Is there anyone out there who actually knows how this all works so that we can make choices that benefit our friends and ourselves the way we want to?

PLEASE???
Closed Thread