Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 06 2011, 01:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
well said. with all the time dev are dealing with all this to try to make you all happy we could of had our new levels and the 10 farm. if you do not like them chose not to do them
I have to disagree with this. The consequences of the belt system as first rolled out were unacceptable and HAD to be fixed - this was not an isolated complaint by a few people - it was massive and deserved attention. It was not something you could ignore or choose to do or not do. I'm basically OK with something that is automatic when you harvest crops you need anyway, but the postings were not well-thought-out. They have tweaked it now, and it's better, but the developers were the ones who chose to introduce something totally new (and potentially "buggy") instead of new levels and farms - we did not ask for the belts. I would much rather have seen them act on the previously promised incentives for diversification in the facilities - that was announced and then...nothing. Everyone plays FT differently, and the diversity in facilities and ways to create a "farm" are, I think, a good thing. Take what you want to use and leave the rest - but that's different from forcing us to participate (even if participation is answering "no" to posting). I think we NEED to tell the developers what works for us and what doesn't. How they gonna know otherwise? It's all opinion....just like some other things, everyone has one, but I don't think people should be criticized for expressing a negative one just because it's not the same as yours. It's a Beta game...and that works both ways. We have to put up with what they choose to present...and they have to put up with our opinions about it. Even guinea pigs squeal....
Old Jun 06 2011, 01:52 PM

"I think we NEED to tell the developers what works for us and what doesn't. How they gonna know otherwise? It's all opinion....just like some other things, everyone has one, but I don't think people should be criticized for expressing a negative one just because it's not the same as yours. It's a Beta game...and that works both ways. We have to put up with what they choose to present...and they have to put up with our opinions about it. Even guinea pigs squeal.... "

That says it.
Old Jun 06 2011, 02:01 PM

Still trying to figure out how Judo or Karate are in the same category as farming. This is not something that tickles my fancy or is even remotely interesting to me. For me, I would turn this feature off if I could, but that's just my opinion.
Old Jun 06 2011, 02:31 PM

Keeta, think of these belts more as a zone or region having distinctive properties or characteristics: a belt of cotton plantations rather than a piece of material worn about the waist to distinguish "grades"

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1273460682 Karen's Kritters
Old Jun 06 2011, 02:54 PM

I don't understand the belts at all. Nobody I ask seems to understand them either. And I can't find them explained here in the forums. Am I looking in the wrong places? Where are they?
Old Jun 06 2011, 03:27 PM

I am SO VERY thankful that I live in the USA where we are celebrating D-Day and remembering the thousands that have give their lives so that we have our FREEDOM! And one of those freedoms is FREEDOM OF SPEECH..yes, even in our Farm Town forum!! and yes, I know there are players all of over the world, but you have freedom of speech here in this forum, too.

I know with me, and several others that posted, it was not so much the belt thingy as it was the way it was introduced, with literally hundreds of posts to my Face Book page. I blocked F*#@ Ville for that very reason.

I CANNOT block Farm Town feeds for the belts, or I would be unable to work in my neighbors facilities, because they would be hidden.
The ones who were objecting voiced a common theme, I think, and that was we did not want to see Farm Town turn into a F*#@ Ville junior.
So....I am not trying to hush you or criticize you. Some of us who voice an opinion different than yours'. And please don't call other ideas stupid. The only way the devs will know what is or is not working is with constructive criticism or gentle praise.
Thanks,
Deb

Last edited by Double T Dude Ranch; Jun 06 2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: removed quoted deleted post
Old Jun 06 2011, 03:28 PM

Default Great Concept!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeta View Post
Still trying to figure out how Judo or Karate are in the same category as farming. This is not something that tickles my fancy or is even remotely interesting to me. For me, I would turn this feature off if I could, but that's just my opinion.
That would be a great added feature; ability to turn the belts off or on. Speaking only for myself, the belt feature has quickly limited my interest in FarmTown. I've played this game for many years, leaving only once to go to another farm game. I came back to FarmTown because of the pop-ups and adding items that have nothing to do with farming on the other game. IMHO most of the players on FT are ones that chose this game over others because of the original concept. Of course updates are usually fun and addition of farms is always a welcome update but additions of items that most players complain about need to be reviewed and analyzed to meet the players satisfaction. This is what keeps a game alive and players returning.
Old Jun 06 2011, 03:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnasonio View Post
I don't understand the belts at all. Nobody I ask seems to understand them either. And I can't find them explained here in the forums. Am I looking in the wrong places? Where are they?
I understand the belts but think with all the complaining about posting to the newsfeed and the devs trying to remedy the situation, that the posting of these belt bonuses seems now a bit broken. For those of you who don't understand, no one is posting to your wall. The belt bonuses are posting to our own wall which feeds into the farmtown newsfeed. I want to be able to post brown belts and up (and as many as I want) for my neighbors who are lower in level or don't have as much inventory even if I don't get that bonus because of the limit of 250k. If people don't want to take advantage of the extra inventory then it's their loss.

Donnasonio if you go to the first post in the News and Announcements of this section it explains both the belts and dan system and the extra chance of getting more ingredients with a higher degree of the belt each time you harvest.
Old Jun 06 2011, 03:37 PM

@Keeta and Nanaspeaks

So given the choice you would do away with the belts and forfeit the bonus crops that will come with it in your future harvests?

And to be honest I don't think anyone is really complaining about the belts, just the continuous stream of pop ups that come with it. Which IS being looked into by the devs, but either way they will end once you have obtained all belts and ranks, at which point you will be able to sit back and reap the rewards.
Old Jun 06 2011, 05:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to twowendy

hi I would like to know why I keep getting this when it has been over 12 hours

No items were sent to your storage by the Mayor since you already reached the limit of 250,000 Coins worth of products every 3 hours.
Closed Thread