Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 30 2023, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran1015 View Post
I have a standard fright locomotive. Hopefully pulling 4 long cars. Is this too many?
When I get the train back after 6 days. I am luck if one car has anything in it. When I "dispatch" the train. I add names of friend to "boost" the train (10). If I check the train with train manager, it will tell me I have request 0/10 sometimes and stay that way for the whole time the train is gone. This has happened 2 of the 3 times have sent out the train. EVEN if I try to add names after it has been dispatched. When I told a friend what was happening, she told me to add her name for a boost. I did, and she said she never got it request.
What am I doing wrong?
Hi fran

I moved your post to the thread about Trains.

I visited your farm and your train with the Standard locomotive and 4 long cars is dispatched and the cars are correctly attached.

If you are playing in Facebook, you have to click in Request boost blue button and a list with your friends will show up.
You have to click en Send button to the right of the friends pictures and when you clicked in 10 of them, then click in Done button at the bottom of the list.

If you are playing in the new Web site, click en Requests boost.

The list will look different as it will show pictures, click in Select button for the friends you want to send the boost.
When you are done, click in Send Request button at the bottom of the screen.
Old Apr 30 2023, 07:09 PM

Default Trains boost requests

I have noticed for a few days now....
I dispatch train, immediately then request boost and select 13-14 people and hit send. I do the next train, unload, dispatch and immediately then request boost and select people and hit send. The next day, they all have 0 people boosted them. I've noticed this on both my accounts. So I don't know if the boosts once sent aren't going anywhere or what. I have 5 trains. Now today 2 are back in for unloading and I'm leaving them until I hear if others are having the same problem. Something is wrong. I've played since Oct. 2009 and know what I'm doing. I am on the website and not the FB game. Any advice or knowledge of this?
Old Apr 30 2023, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyLuvBug2 View Post
I have noticed for a few days now....
I dispatch train, immediately then request boost and select 13-14 people and hit send. I do the next train, unload, dispatch and immediately then request boost and select people and hit send. The next day, they all have 0 people boosted them. I've noticed this on both my accounts. So I don't know if the boosts once sent aren't going anywhere or what. I have 5 trains. Now today 2 are back in for unloading and I'm leaving them until I hear if others are having the same problem. Something is wrong. I've played since Oct. 2009 and know what I'm doing. I am on the website and not the FB game. Any advice or knowledge of this?
Hi DitzyLuvBug,
Are you sending the boosts from the Facebook version or the website version?

When you go on to the second train to send are you seeing the same noames in the lists to send to?
Make sure in either version after you have selected the people to send them to that you click on the Done or Send Request button at the bottom of the list.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 30 2023, 07:47 PM

Default Train boost problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi DitzyLuvBug,
Are you sending the boosts from the Facebook version or the website version?

When you go on to the second train to send are you seeing the same noames in the lists to send to?
Make sure in either version after you have selected the people to send them to that you click on the Done or Send Request button at the bottom of the list.
I can't send from FB due to the spinning circle thing that has gone on over a year. I haven't paid attention to the list of names whether they are the same. I don't get a DONE. I get a Send Request. I just unloaded, dispatched and selected 14 names and took pictures of those names and hit send request. I went to the 2nd train unloaded, dispatched, and those from the other train I unloaded are not on the list.
OK THere is a definite problem. On one of those trains I just sent out boosts, I sent a boost request to my other account. I went to the other account and clicked on the boost and it immediately showed "SORRY THIS REQUEST HAS EXPIRED". It can't be expired as I just sent it a minute ago. I went back to the boost screen on this account and it still shows 0 boosted.

I sent a boost request from my other account from the website to this account and I boosted it and gave me as it was supposed to and the other account registered that 1 person helped boost. So it must be something with this account.

Last edited by DitzyLuvBug2; Apr 30 2023 at 08:09 PM. Reason: additional details
Old Apr 30 2023, 08:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I can't send from FB due to the spinning circle thing that has gone on over a year. I haven't paid attention to the list of names whether they are the same. I don't get a DONE. I get a Send Request. I just unloaded, dispatched and selected 14 names and took pictures of those names and hit send request. I went to the 2nd train unloaded, dispatched, and those from the other train I unloaded are not on the list.
Hi DitzyLuvBug,
The Done would be for the Facebook version. The Send Requests is for the website version.

The difference between the lists is the Facebook issue would include your Facebook friends who play along with your neighbors and buddies. The website version does not see the friends so will only show your neighbor and buddies.
When you selected your 14 names did they each turn pink and the number in the middle at the bottom go up until you had the 14?
I just tested this and though I won't have many back tonight I did include one that I could log into and see and it did get there, so it is working.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 30 2023, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Hi DitzyLuvBug,
The Done would be for the Facebook version. The Send Requests is for the website version.

The difference between the lists is the Facebook issue would include your Facebook friends who play along with your neighbors and buddies. The website version does not see the friends so will only show your neighbor and buddies.
When you selected your 14 names did they each turn pink and the number in the middle at the bottom go up until you had the 14?
I just tested this and though I won't have many back tonight I did include one that I could log into and see and it did get there, so it is working.
Yes the names turned pink and the number went up each time I clicked on a name at the bottom in the middle.

OK THere is a definite problem. On one of those trains I just sent out boosts, I sent a boost request to my other account. I went to the other account and clicked on the boost and it immediately showed "SORRY THIS REQUEST HAS EXPIRED". It can't be expired as I just sent it a minute ago. I went back to the boost screen on this account and it still shows 0 boosted.

I sent a boost request from my other account from the website to this account and I boosted it and gave me as it was supposed to and the other account registered that 1 person helped boost. So it must be something with this account.
Old Apr 30 2023, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yes the names turned pink and the number went up each time I clicked on a name at the bottom in the middle.

Hi DitzyLuvBug,
Is this the train you previously had sent boosts for? Does that train show any of them complete? The only reason it should be expired is if all 14 have already been completed or the train has returned.
I have already had 2 boosts done for the one I sent out and no problems yet.
You might want to try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached
Old Apr 30 2023, 08:40 PM

Default train problem

Quote:
Hi DitzyLuvBug,
Is this the train you previously had sent boosts for? Does that train show any of them complete? The only reason it should be expired is if all 14 have already been completed or the train has returned.
I have already had 2 boosts done for the one I sent out and no problems yet.
You might want to try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached
It is the train I just unloaded, dispatched and sent boost request. Yes they all show 0/13, 0/14, 0/13, 0/12, 0/12 are what is shows for my 5 trains. I sent out requests on them again but have no way now but to wait and see if that worked.
Old Apr 30 2023, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It is the train I just unloaded, dispatched and sent boost request. Yes they all show 0/13, 0/14, 0/13, 0/12, 0/12 are what is shows for my 5 trains. I sent out requests on them again but have no way now but to wait and see if that worked.
Hi DitzyLuvBug,
We have 3 of us moderators that have sent train boosts from the website version and have all received boosts back from each other, so we can't duplicate this.

The only thing I can suggest is to contact Support concerning this as we have not been able to duplicate it.
To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Apr 30 2023, 08:48 PM

Default train boost problem

Quote:
Hi DitzyLuvBug,
We have 3 of us moderators that have sent train boosts from the website version and have all received boosts back from each other, so we can't duplicate this.

The only thing I can suggest is to contact Support concerning this as we have not been able to duplicate it.
To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
I'll wait until tomorrow to see if they come back after I did the reset, close farm, open farm and resend all requests out again. One of my neighbors I sent to was Tiger. Maybe she can say if it says expired on her end or if it went through good so I can check. I'll keep checking it to see.

Tags
train not dispatched, trains not working