Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 29 2020, 07:11 PM

Default Gifts won't change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi David,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about gifts. We try to keep all posts about the same subject together to make them eaiser to find.

You may have more gifts than you can get in one go. The most the My Requests can show you is 50 when you open it. Have you tried going back into it and see if there are more gifts?

If you go back into it and either see no more gifts or see the same gifts, accept them and they do not show in the gift box then you may have some stuck gifts.

If you haven't already tried clearing your memcache today please do so. If you have already run it there is no need to run it again. In case you need the instructions:

To clear your FT memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload

When you have done that please do the following to clear out stuck requests:
  • Go to My Requests and accept any new gifts until none are showing again.
  • Load your game, open the Train Manager and boost any trains showing.
  • Then go to the Facebook Activity page by clicking on this link https://www.facebook.com/games/activity and see if you have any Farm Town requests there. Do NOT try to accept them or boost any trains showing. You don't get gifts for stuck requests, they are ones already accepted at a previous time, if you try to accept them they won't clear and will remain stuck.
  • If you see any requests there, click the Ignore All top right of the requests to ignore up to the first 100 requests. You can try ignoring less than 100 if you wish, by clicking the X on each one to clear them out. For stuck gifts we recommend you clear at least the first 50 requests showing.
Taz,
I have the same problem. I've accepted all my gifts repeatedly and the gift number won't change and it still shows all the gifts. I think there is a problem somewhere. Thank you.
Old Sep 29 2020, 07:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Lady View Post
Taz,
I have the same problem. I've accepted all my gifts repeatedly and the gift number won't change and it still shows all the gifts. I think there is a problem somewhere. Thank you.
Hi Farm Lady,
Have you followed the steps in my post that you quoted? If the Ignore all still we not get rid of them then you will need to click the X on each one to remove them.
The problem is an intermitent one of the data not updating correctly between Facebook and Farm Town. Unfortunately being intermitent the developers have no way to fix it as they can not reproduce it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 30 2020, 06:40 PM

Default Gifts gone

I did find 75 gifts on the FT page. But as far as I can tell, one can only ignore or accept the Gift. I want to be able to Exchange the gift. When I go to FB then to my FT, I still get the message saying I have no pending gift requests.
What should be next steps?
I would like to be able to play FT and access my gifts so that I may exchange them.
Thanks,
Skyelady
Old Sep 30 2020, 06:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyelady View Post
I did find 75 gifts on the FT page. But as far as I can tell, one can only ignore or accept the Gift. I want to be able to Exchange the gift. When I go to FB then to my FT, I still get the message saying I have no pending gift requests.
What should be next steps?
I would like to be able to play FT and access my gifts so that I may exchange them.
Thanks,
Skyelady
HI Skyelady,
First go to the Trains Manager and make sure you do not have any trains waiting for you to boost.
This is a link to the old method of accepting/exchanging gifts so you know exactly what you can and can't do in Facebook's Game Activity area for game requests. It has information on accepting one by one (don't accept the the ones you know are stuck), when you can and how to exchange one by one, how to ignore all of the requests without blocking them etc.
Old Method of Accepting/Exchanging Gifts

Getting your gifts back into the My Requests area will just have to work itself out as this is a data transfer problem from Facebook to Farm Town. It will usually clear itself up within a few days or so. Unfortunately we do not have any way to fix this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 30 2020, 06:58 PM

I had the same problem, and found out it was due to my using a browser extension to block Facebook's new format (keeping the old layout). I can reproduce the gift problem every single time. If I enable the old layout, the used gifts and train boost requests won't go away in my game's mailbox. If I disable the old layout (extension), the used gifts and boost requests go away like magic. I use the Chrome browser, where the problem definitely exists. I don't have the problem, though, when I play my mother's Farm Town game using the Opera browser (with the same extension to block the new layout). So... are any other players reporting the gift problem using an extension to block the new Facebook layout, too? If so... you can resolve it by toggling the extension to switch back and forth between the old and new Facebook layout. Load Farm Town... change the switch to New Layout... reload Farm Town. The gifts and boost requests will go away after you accept them.
Old Sep 30 2020, 07:15 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I can weigh in on this as I have the same problem. I submitted a support ticket and spoke with Rob, who was very helpful, but I stopped pursuing the matter when he asked for my Facebook password.

I am using Chrome with the old Facebook layout.

If you go to the game and exchange and accept all gifts, you have to immediately go here: https://www.facebook.com/games/activity and ignore all. Last week you had to ignore them one by one. This week ignoring them one by one will not clear them. However, if you ignore all they will be cleared.

Once that is done, refresh your game and the # of gifts waiting to accept will be empty.

Edited to add: If you have gifts you can't exchange it's because they are old and you have already exchanged or straight accepted them.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by sheila_c; Sep 30 2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old Sep 30 2020, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
I had the same problem, and found out it was due to my using a browser extension to block Facebook's new format (keeping the old layout). I can reproduce the gift problem every single time. If I enable the old layout, the used gifts and train boost requests won't go away in my game's mailbox. If I disable the old layout (extension), the used gifts and boost requests go away like magic. I use the Chrome browser, where the problem definitely exists. I don't have the problem, though, when I play my mother's Farm Town game using the Opera browser (with the same extension to block the new layout). So... are any other players reporting the gift problem using an extension to block the new Facebook layout, too? If so... you can resolve it by toggling the extension to switch back and forth between the old and new Facebook layout. Load Farm Town... change the switch to New Layout... reload Farm Town. The gifts and boost requests will go away after you accept them.
Hi Caren,
Any of the addins to change how your browser works for websites can cause problems as they are trying to prevent normal functions of a website to not work correctly.
Old Sep 30 2020, 07:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila_c View Post
I can weigh in on this as I have the same problem. I submitted a support ticket and spoke with Rob, who was very helpful, but I stopped pursuing the matter when he asked for my Facebook password.

I am using Chrome with the old Facebook layout.

If you go to the game and exchange and accept all gifts, you have to immediately go here: https://www.facebook.com/games/activity and ignore all. Last week you had to ignore them one by one. This week ignoring them one by one will not clear them. However, if you ignore all they will be cleared.

Once that is done, refresh your game and the # of gifts waiting to accept will be empty.

Edited to add: If you have gifts you can't exchange it's because they are old and you have already exchanged or straight accepted them.
Hi Sheila,
The only reason Support would want your password is to be able to see what you are seeing from your account. We can't do that without logging into your account.

I use Firefox with the classic version of Facebook and do not have any problems with the gifts. It has been brought up before that changing to the new format for Facebook helps to get gifts correctly, but we have not found this to be absolutely true. Facebook may make this a mute point when they make us all switch and stay on the new format.

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 30 2020 at 08:51 PM.
Old Sep 30 2020, 09:32 PM

problem solved. I did notice several "gifts" with no sender name. I ignored those.
thanks for all the help.
Old Sep 30 2020, 09:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyelady View Post
problem solved. I did notice several "gifts" with no sender name. I ignored those.
thanks for all the help.
Hi Skyelady,
Good to hear. Only thing I can think of for the ones with no sender name is it may be someone who may have closed their farms and their Facebook account.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift limit, gifting, gifts, how many gifts, missing gifts, no gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, return gifts, send gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, window narrows