Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 11 2012, 05:34 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guldfisk Hansen View Post
Anyway thanks to the devs for reinventing this game all the time. I got myself a train, and this is just the beginning of the farmtown 'train-era', so lets give the devs a chance to develope it further. We know they listen to us. I would also like to be able to send a train off for more canvas :-)
Well said! Let's not shoot the Devs down before we really give this a go. I think they have done a great job. I admit I was one that was getting shirty waiting so long but when you think about everything thats been released on the 1st of June and still continuing, its been a huge update! I was even more impressed when, for the first time that Ive ever seen, the Devs gave Tony information to pass on to us and stuck to the time frame. Cant wait to see how it all plays out over the coming months.
Old Jun 11 2012, 05:39 AM

You don't need to move your facilities at all Farmgirl, leave them where they are, they have nothing to do with the trains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl_Su View Post
i was saving and waiting for the trains but looking at them and reading on here.i think I will 'pass' for now.a big disappointment and i didn't want to have to move my facilities to the train station either....so I'll sit this one out and see if it improves.. a big disappointment!1 ahh well!!
Old Jun 11 2012, 06:51 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket View Post
You don't need to move your facilities at all Farmgirl, leave them where they are, they have nothing to do with the trains.
The Boo-Kay residence...the lady of the house speaking...

Hi Hyacinth...love your screen name!

On a FarmTown note...very excited about the freight train...it will be wonderful to readily get more wheat, sugar, etc...
Old Jun 11 2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:

Well when I went to buy one on the train trailers it said
ie you must have the Stone Windmill either in storage or on the current farm. my windmill is on farm 4 and my train is on farm 14

Plus I think $35 each is a bit steep...this game is getting too expensive os I'll sit the trains out..
Old Jun 11 2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:

ie you must have the Stone Windmill either in storage or on the current farm. my windmill is on farm 4 and my train is on farm 14

Plus I think $35 each is a bit steep...this game is getting too expensive os I'll sit the trains out..
Old Jun 11 2012, 08:34 AM

The trains don't impress me. Where are the new facilities. New levels for more FC....heck with the trains.
Old Jun 11 2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:

You can still buy the train trailer and put it on yr farm that has the stone windmill.... refresh... then put it in storage.... and put it on the farm with your tracks.
Old Jun 11 2012, 09:29 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Oh dear sure I am just being dim, but all I am getting on the freight wagons is (LOCKED) will keep trying till I understand it lol I went to the farm that has the facilities needed but still no joy but it did stop telling me which facilities I needed for each

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 11 2012, 09:34 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:

According to what Raul wrote, "Once you purchase any Long Freight Car you can move it to any other farm, the facility requirement in the Store is only needed at purchase time". So you can purchase the train car on farm 4, then move it to farm 14.

But... I guess I don't get it. If I read it correctly, it takes a train car one entire week to "get" the same amount of an ingredient as what the facility that makes that ingredient produces in one week. So if you were buying a train car for just one ingredient (which suppose people wouldn't usually do), they'd get the same benefit (extra amount) by buying one more of the facility that makes that ingredient. That doesn't seem like enough to me to justify the cost. For the things I run short of, like canvas, I need an increase of a lot more than the weekly output of one facility to meet my needs.

Nor does the idea of a semi-translucent train car appeal to me. I want my farms to look nice, and that doesn't sound attractive. Just my initial reaction.

The freight cars do look cool.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 11 2012, 09:34 AM

What is up with the forum this morning? It has taken me hours to get in here. I keep getting a page that says the page I want is not available at this time. Also my neighbors bar at the bottom of my farm doesn't load completely about 50% of the time. I have done all the self help things and still won't load properly. help? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but it's the only one that would let me in.
Closed Thread