Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 01 2012, 05:58 PM

Just wondering why farm town is sooooo slow....and it just isn't on the layered farms either...takes forever to even get into a farm......Pls help
Old Nov 01 2012, 06:06 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesaw View Post
Just wondering why farm town is sooooo slow....and it just isn't on the layered farms either...takes forever to even get into a farm......Pls help
Hi,

Try the suggestions listed in the following post..........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393882

If those dont help please also see the following post, post there if you continue to have problems after trying the suggestions in the other thread.......
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504374

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Nov 01 2012, 06:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Final verdict after trialing out the 'bonus' crops update.

Have made an extra effort in the market this week trying to take advantage of this feature and except for the bigger, standard crops, it's just not worth the hassle or head-ache. If you luck out while in the market hiring harvesters and manage to get someone to do your flowers or trees too then that's a bonus ... otherwise it's easier to do them yourself or let neighbors do them if they're free.

I tried to pedal this new update to my friends and neighbors too and they were either disinterested or absolutely not having a bar of the market-place regardless.

I read the hiring and hiring practices thread yesterday and see the bad reputation of the market-place is well deserved and wide-spread. It also shows it's an ongoing problem the devs must be well aware of and in hindsight this attempted fix, to me, is like putting a band-aid on a gaping wound.

Looking forward to a better solution being found for this problem.
Old Nov 01 2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnorm View Post
Final verdict after trialing out the 'bonus' crops update.

Have made an extra effort in the market this week trying to take advantage of this feature and except for the bigger, standard crops, it's just not worth the hassle or head-ache. If you luck out while in the market hiring harvesters and manage to get someone to do your flowers or trees too then that's a bonus ... otherwise it's easier to do them yourself or let neighbors do them if they're free.

I tried to pedal this new update to my friends and neighbors too and they were either disinterested or absolutely not having a bar of the market-place regardless.

I read the hiring and hiring practices thread yesterday and see the bad reputation of the market-place is well deserved and wide-spread. It also shows it's an ongoing problem the devs must be well aware of and in hindsight this attempted fix, to me, is like putting a band-aid on a gaping wound.

Looking forward to a better solution being found for this problem.
I agree with the rep on market place but sorry that is where I get most of my workers from. I still think it would be a good idea to the worker a bonus too based on the percentage of the job they complete of what they are hired to do. If they complete 100% of the job they get a 100% of the bonus if they only do 50% that is they get. IF they don't do that much of the job I don't think they should get anything. And the bonus should be worthwhile and on top of what the hirer gets. Just my 2 cents. And can we get a Donald Trump option so we can fire someone? Course by the time I wish I could fire someone they are usually long gone.
Old Nov 02 2012, 05:17 AM
Account Not Linked

5. Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools: THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!!!! This is THE GREATEST fix for my densely packed farms. Cheers! Hey, take the rest of the day off - you earned it with this one!
Old Nov 02 2012, 07:19 AM

Thumbs down seasonal decorations

Post Release Updates - Nov 1st, 23:30PM EST
- Bug showing seasonal decorations in Store when using Search Bar fixed

Why would you correct a bug that was something we have been asking for? Seasonal/holiday items SHOULD be able to be purchased at any time. Very disappointed in this.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Nov 02 2012, 08:32 AM

Lightbulb

A BIG "Thank you", for moving the 'Enqueueing Box' over to the right. Now, I have more space to WORK while its doing it's thing. BRAVO!

Better still, is if you can make it 'transparent' or have it gone forever, that would be nice. We really don't care to see every little thing about what the software (game) is doing, or waiting for, we just want to PLAY it.

When HIRED BY SOMEONE IN THE MARKETPLACE, PUT THE CROPS 'TO BE WORKED ON' into the 'ENQUEUEING String' together while 'LOADING' the farm, so we don't have to WAIT FOR IT when we get there to harvest.

It pops up for every crop that sits on the farm and can be a real 'pain in the neck' to wait for, if there's a variety of crops to harvest.

SOWING SEEDS - (Advanced Farmers)

For the thousands of farmers who are at level 385, when we plant, there's a dialogue which pops up telling us that "SEEDS CAN ONLY BE PLANTED ON PLOWED FIELDS"; Seriously, we already know by now, that they can't be planted elsewhere.

So please 'classify' this transparent popup dialogue as a 'Tool Tip' and put it under the Wrench in the Control Panel and let us have the option to TURN-OFF incessant 'caution' warnings as well as the Enqueueing Popup.

Or, perhaps you can turn them off all together when we have reached a certain level in the game, like say...level 250 or something like that, as they consume unnecessary bandwidth that make other processes lag, or take longer to perform.

Keep the variety of products coming and streamline the software code. Thanks again.

--->Visit Rendezvous Ranch<---

Last edited by Rendezvous Ranch; Nov 02 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old Nov 02 2012, 12:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
Post Release Updates - Nov 1st, 23:30PM EST
- Bug showing seasonal decorations in Store when using Search Bar fixed

Why would you correct a bug that was something we have been asking for? Seasonal/holiday items SHOULD be able to be purchased at any time. Very disappointed in this.
I don't know what they fixed, but you can still purchase Christmas decorations in the store using the search I just tried it and I agree you should be able to purchase anything that is active and in the archives.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Nov 02 2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
I don't know what they fixed, but you can still purchase Christmas decorations in the store using the search I just tried it and I agree you should be able to purchase anything that is active and in the archives.
Ssshhhhhhhhhh dont say anything someone will hear

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Nov 02 2012, 03:13 PM

I tried hiring strangers from the market. The reason I stopped was that no one has said thank you. I don't think that's too much to ask. They quit without finishing and not telling me. I thought things might have changed, but they have not. I'm more than willing to hire a stranger, but do expect good manners and if they find it's too much work, to let me know. I would like to hire strangers. I was once a newbie. My farm will be difficult to work without the proper tools, so if you find it's too much let me know. Thank you. Send me a pm and I'll check back later.
Closed Thread