Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 29 2012, 04:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perico429 View Post
Thank you so very much for the fixes... you guys rock...

I do have one question... where do we find the link for the clear_memcached?
Try this link to clear the memcache.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489918

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 29 2012, 04:56 PM

I cannot post my bonuses or facilities. This is the first time it's happened. It will ask me if I'd like friends to help and I click, yes, and nothing happens. No box comes up. With bonuses, I will click yes to post and the box doesn't come up then, either. I did a complete clean of my computer this morning which included the cache. Any suggestions? Is anyone else having a problem? Thank you
Old Sep 29 2012, 05:07 PM

I used the memcache and it still didn't work, so I tried a different browser and it worked. It seems to be a Chrome issue.
Old Sep 29 2012, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyL View Post
I used the memcache and it still didn't work, so I tried a different browser and it worked. It seems to be a Chrome issue.
Try allowing 3rd party cookies in Chrome. The pop up is probably being blocked.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 29 2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi , the first post was just updated with this :-

Post Release Updates - Sep 28th, 5:50PM EST

- We re-enabled the clear_memcached link so you will be able to clean most of the volatile data from memory EXCEPT that information that will otherwise enable the following:

- Infinite lottery collection, infinite gifts sending and infinite facility working
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
Have no idea what memcache was so no loss to me. LOL

Ok I am at a loss too......where is this Memcache??? I've played since may of 2009 and noone has ever said anything about it to me. Someone please answer as this has been ask several times and I never see an answer to it.

And regarding the Funeral Home.....I for one buy the stuff but then chances are after figuring out what I need to stock it.....I never pay any attention to it again. Leave it alone, Raul.....people complained about the Pool Bar too. If you don't like it just don't buy it. I have lost both my parents and my very good friend is very very sick with cancer right now....the funeral home doesn't bother me or her.
Old Sep 29 2012, 05:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Ok I am at a loss too......where is this Memcache??? I've played since may of 2009 and noone has ever said anything about it to me. Someone please answer as this has been ask several times and I never see an answer to it.

And regarding the Funeral Home.....I for one buy the stuff but then chances are after figuring out what I need to stock it.....I never pay any attention to it again. Leave it alone, Raul.....people complained about the Pool Bar too. If you don't like it just don't buy it. I have lost both my parents and my very good friend is very very sick with cancer right now....the funeral home doesn't bother me or her.
The memcache just deleted the FT cache which is different than your computers cache, it deletes data that their servers hold.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 29 2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Try allowing 3rd party cookies in Chrome. The pop up is probably being blocked.
I checked and 3rd party cookies are allowed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Flash, Chrome and recleaned the cache and it Still doesn't work. It's not only Farm Town. It's other games, too.
Old Sep 29 2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Hi Sally. I'm using Chrome without any issues

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Sep 29 2012, 06:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mags View Post
Hi Sally. I'm using Chrome without any issues
I use Chrome also with very little issues. I also use Windows 7 on server WF-8

Old Sep 29 2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Hi Sally, Another suggestion is to clear your browsing history by going to your control Panel n go to Internet Options n delete your browsing History. Then click on Settings, click on view files, Highlight everything n click on delete. Try that n see. Then after that go to your C drive, look out for the word Windows. Click on Windows n look out for the word Temp which stands for Temporary files. Click on Temporary files n highlight everything n hit the delete button on your keyboard. Try out n see ok?