Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 28 2012, 08:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynn721 View Post
@lollipopthebunny - I have tools and if someone hires me and I find myself fighting for work I leave. I've found myself on a farm that's 20x20 and 3 pepole with tools working. I just go back to the marketplace and hope for a better job.

In the same vein, if I hire someone who doesn't have tools I surely will hire someone else to move it along. I typically have 10 farms ready at the same time and don't have all day to wait.

Just because you ask for solo doesn't mean your entitled to it. The people who demand things are not hired by me. If you don't like the hire, leave. It's that simple.
Just a thought...Why not put the tools people on separate farms from the non-tools peoples. Then both get fair shares.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 29 2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
This one is not market related, but along the same lines as the thread. My issue is working neighbors factories and service facilities. We've asked for this before, but nothing has been done about it. Everybody should be able to design their farms the way they want them to look. But getting neighbors to work them should be a seamless process. Many of my neighbors tend to be very considerate and consolidate all their facilities onto as few farms as possible. But then you have some that put 1 or 2 facilities on EVERY single farm. This is extremely time consuming. It's usually lower level players and you want to keep them as neighbors because you know you are helping them out. but why should I have to spend ALOT more time than is necessary just to help them out. I am a higher level player - it takes a minimum of 2-3 hours per day just to do the routine maintenance on my farm (sometimes twice per day-sometimes ALL day). I want to help these people get ahead in the game, but I'm running out of hours in a day to work everybody. And changing neighbors every few weeks is just plain ridiculous. The whole neighbor issue seems to be put on the back burner every time a new release comes out. It's time to address it. Why can't it just go automatically work all facilities on all farms without having to go from farm to farm to farm to farm to farm, etc. etc. etc. Thanks for letting me vent on this issue.....
And then you have the other extreme whereby the higher up player puts 100 facs on one farm and 50 to 75 on each other farm I have a few neighbors that do that so you can count on timeing out at least 7 times before you're done with working their facs.I agree with so many farms with facs whether they have little or less something should be done to be able to speed up the process of working them. I cringe when I see some of my neighbors that have gone gungho on facilities post them to be worked.
Old May 29 2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Just a thought...Why not put the tools people on separate farms from the non-tools peoples. Then both get fair shares.
That's what I do when I hire from the market I prefer each to have at least one or two farms to work that saves those that have tools who tend to hog with put in with those that don't or have no tools
Old Jun 02 2012, 03:23 PM

I just harvested on someone else's farm for the 1st time and I have a question. Why is it that those of us, who have coin tools in our storage, can't use them while working on other people's farms? This makes no sense to me. Just because I don't have the $ for the fc tools, I have to do one plot at a time? Don't get me wrong, I love this game to death, but this is so not right. I will never work another's farm again until this is fixed. I have the tools that let me do 9 at a time, and feel that I should be able to use them when helping another on their farm. Sorry, I am a little upset.
Old Jun 04 2012, 03:41 PM

What i would like is some kind of tool that when we go to a friends farm to work there factories / clients that allows us to work all facs / clients from one farm rather than having to load all 14 farms to work them
Old Jun 05 2012, 12:15 PM

I agree with you, we definitely need the ability to work ALL farms at ONE time as some people have gone crazy with having a lot an it takes a long time to do ONE persons facilities!
Old Jun 05 2012, 12:28 PM

Post Getting Hired from Market

I am real upset with the comments that are insinuating that ALL people with tools HOG the work!!! I am NOT like that! I also try to SHARE with both types of farmers myself. The reason I ask for SOLO work is because when a person does have tools it is not easy to only do half a farm when someone else comes on after I have started the work already. I also have been run over by people who have NO tools and I was on a job first!!! SO it GOES BOTH WAYS!!! I feel if you have a farm an want to hire someone without any type of tools fine, then don't hire someone with tools also!

I have left several times when hired an someone is already there working but I have also gotten hired solo an all of a sudden I am in the middle of working an someone else shows up an just takes over what I am doing! So it is NOT just the ones without tools that get 'burned' in the mrkt!

I am trying to make it easier for someone by saying SOLO not make it more difficult or to single myself out!!!

One last thing, When a person does HIRE, They need to go back to the Farm an wait a couple min to see if who they hired does show up! I think people are hiring multiple people for a job an Not EVEN CHECKING SO when someone gets to their farms the work is done already or other issues....People are Not EVEN looking first at their farms to see exactly what they need to have done an hire over 'piddly' stuff, like a couple flowers or trees on a farm! I mean give me a break! Do some work yourselves people PLEASE!!
Old Jun 05 2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
I agree with you, we definitely need the ability to work ALL farms at ONE time as some people have gone crazy with having a lot an it takes a long time to do ONE persons facilities!
Motion seconded, thirded and what ever it will take to beg Raul to help us out with this.

So many neighbours have left the game, partly because of this aspect, and those who still play at a high level are some of the 'gone crazy' ones who have multiples of almost every facility and service facility in Farm Town. It actually takes almost an hour to do the 14 farms of one of my neighbours, and I have a very fast computer. She has been my neighbour since the inception of the game, and I'd hate to lose her, but doing her facilities for her is a NIGHTMARE

Old Jun 06 2012, 09:54 AM
Account Not Linked

I have a couple neighbors that I will not work their facilities anymore. They have 45-65 facilities on each of their fourteen farms. On one of them I had gotten to the 7th farm and had already counted 400 facilities I had worked on. I finally said forget it.
Old Jun 06 2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
I have a couple neighbors that I will not work their facilities anymore. They have 45-65 facilities on each of their fourteen farms. On one of them I had gotten to the 7th farm and had already counted 400 facilities I had worked on. I finally said forget it.
WOW! That's a bit much to work for sure! I don't blame you for stopping. I try to keep my facilities to a minimum to make it easier for people to work them. I do have all of them, but I only have duplicates of a few. I also have them on only 3 farms hopefully to make it go faster without having to load so many farms.