Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 25 2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfly View Post
I get tired of people ignoring me while theyre working. I ask them a question or tell them something and they just keep working. Finally when they're done they say, "Oh sorry I was in full screen mode."
There are a lot of older people playing farmtown for relaxation and the mental stimulation, but no longer have excellent eyesight. For some of them the only way they can successfully play is to do so in 'full screen mode'. It is not bad attitude, and no slight against you; it is simply the only way they can really enjoy the game they love. Please cut them some slack.

Old Aug 25 2010, 04:03 AM

I think the major problem in hiring is probably that there are not so many lower level people out there. It is much more exciting at a low level to be given a field of pineapples to go at than it is when you have millions in the bank.
Maybe we need to find a way of attracting more newbies to the game?
Old Aug 25 2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
I get tired of people ignoring me while theyre working. I ask them a question or tell them something and they just keep working. Finally when they're done they say, "Oh sorry I was in full screen mode."
you see when you are in full screen you cannot type back and allot of the times cant see the chat you see your neigbor list,. . i zoom in if im in full screen mode usualy only do it when im working on trees so seeing a talk bubble gets impossible...

many players use this option because its easier. especially for those who dont see to well or who have problems playing the game on the time screen that is regular mode
Old Aug 25 2010, 11:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Exclamation play farmtown FREE on iphone

i seriously would like to suggest play farmtown FREE on the iphone so that we can play farmtown more easier like what farmville, and farm story did.
Old Aug 26 2010, 08:50 AM

Default issue of hiring more for one farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Agent Mandii View Post
I don't enjoy the abuse I receive for telling people that I won't hire them to plough - especially when I have a layered farm. I try to tell them that I don't see the use in it as it won't work, and even link them to the thread about layered farms, but they continue to abuse me. There are so many players on my ignore list that it's actually quite annoying. I'm always a very placid farmer; I do as I'm told, make idle conversation and politely request to plough afterwards - sometimes I refuse an offer to plough as I'm feeling particularly charitable and want the person I'm working with to get the exp from ploughing. I don't particularly need it, after all, it's just a nice little thing to fill my spare time. I can't understand some peoples' obsession with ploughing. It's just EXP, and there's no need to be rude over it.

I personally usually only ever try to hire two to three people to harvest at my farm; however, when I hire people and don't get a response quickly [within thirty seconds to one minute], I go and hire the next person in the marketplace. As a result, people have responded very late to my hire requests, come to my farm when there is very little work left, and proceeded to abuse me and accuse me of over-hiring for entertainment. I don't mind that there isn't a fire button, but I'm very thankful that there's an ignore button. I don't have the patience to deal with people who won't listen when I attempt to reason with them an offer an explanation. I'm kind enough to bother explaining myself to rude employees - they should learn to be kind enough to bother to listen to my explanation.

I also don't like people who believe that they have the right to harvest and plow my whole farm on their own. I know that a lot of my farm is taken up by decorative structures, trees, flowers and fencing, but I also know that there are still plenty of crops to harvest, especially as I tend to plant crops which have high monetary returns. Occasionally I've hired one person when I've felt like spoiling them or when I've only been satisfied with the behaviour of one person in the marketplace, and upon telling them that they have the whole harvest to themselves, have received such comments as "I like to work alone." or "I would have left if you had hired someone else." Well, with an attitude like that, I want them to leave. I've often gone back to the marketplace and hired another person anyway [yes, out of spite] to show them that it's a game that involves working for things and that they can't have things handed to them on a silver platter. The people in the marketplace who post such comments as "I work ALONE!" also find themselves on my ignore list. It's just selfish. They really need to go back to primary school and listen to their teachers when they're being told about the benefits of sharing.

If people just approached the Internet with a sense of etiquette and a reminder that the people on the other side of the screen are real people, this whole "Internetz r srs bsns" attitude would be dropped altogether, and I for one would be very happy. I don't need to cop this from rude employees; I could have just as easily hired somebody else entirely to do my work, and instead they complain that there isn't much left when they gave me the impression that they were AFK, or that I won't let them plow when I have a layered farm or am rearranging my plots.
I usually hire one person for one field the reason is sometimes that person has a slower computer so he or she can't be as fast as another with a faster computer and I've noticed that those with faster pcs tend to hog the field . I've even noticed that when i hire myself out when's there's another person doing it as well he or she doesn't respect my space but tries to hog as much as they can and that I find very rude! I've just come out of the marketplace where farmers now are being picky on what they want to harvest or plow when one time ppl would be happy to get any work now they're spoiled and expect us to cater to them well I won't I"m getting disgusted with those who hire themselves to work they're getting greedier and greedier . I'm going to be harvesting and plowing myself I have 5 fields I don't have the time to cater greedy ppl and I didn't get where I am being that way
Old Aug 26 2010, 09:50 AM

Gotten so bad, that if I don't have a neighbor on, I do it myself.
Old Aug 26 2010, 12:46 PM

Default ignoring not really

Quote:
most times when a person is working on the farm they don't see the popup and it doesn't stay long also that means they have to stop working to speak back you . Most have to concentrate on what they are doing they aren't there to stop and socialize if you want that then go to the meeting place and socialize
Old Aug 26 2010, 12:48 PM

Default agree with you totally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginasue1 View Post
Gotten so bad, that if I don't have a neighbor on, I do it myself.
that's what I try to do now too first if i'm too tired then I'll go to the market but I hate doing it or I'll do it myself
Old Aug 28 2010, 02:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Even at level 115 I am always willing to do whatever job needs done. I try to be polite and say please and thank you to anyone kind enough to offer me a job. I prefer to work alone but only to avoid the greedy messy workers who can't share and seem incapable of respecting the space that they can clearly that someone else is working in. I don't care what crops need harvested or what amount of coins I will get from it. I don't do it for the money or the XP I do it because I like helping others and I often meet some very interesting people. If I am unsure that the farmer that hired me did not see me tell them thank you I will leave them a little note thanking them when I am done if they are not there when I finish. I hate going to market to hire others sometimes for all of the reasons already listed but if I need to hire from the market I try to make it very clear as to what I need done before I hire anyone. I will only hire that can use proper manners and don't stand and beg or whine about how much coin or XP they need. If they cannot spell please they way it is supposed to be spelled I will not hire them either. PLZ is letters not a word!

Will harvest any crops, any trees and flowers!

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Last Chance Logging Co.
* Lost Oasis

So many farms...so little time!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 28 2010, 02:41 PM

Default well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
Even at level 115 I am always willing to do whatever job needs done. I try to be polite and say please and thank you to anyone kind enough to offer me a job. I prefer to work alone but only to avoid the greedy messy workers who can't share and seem incapable of respecting the space that they can clearly that someone else is working in. I don't care what crops need harvested or what amount of coins I will get from it. I don't do it for the money or the XP I do it because I like helping others and I often meet some very interesting people. If I am unsure that the farmer that hired me did not see me tell them thank you I will leave them a little note thanking them when I am done if they are not there when I finish. I hate going to market to hire others sometimes for all of the reasons already listed but if I need to hire from the market I try to make it very clear as to what I need done before I hire anyone. I will only hire that can use proper manners and don't stand and beg or whine about how much coin or XP they need. If they cannot spell please they way it is supposed to be spelled I will not hire them either. PLZ is letters not a word!
I agree with most of what you have said but I don't base my hiring practices on how well they spell