Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 16 2021, 04:20 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marggi View Post
I can open everything in FT except Play. It does not open past the black screen.
Hi marggi,

I have moved your post to the correct thread for your issue.

Please check that you have already done the following before you try to load the game again:
  • Make sure that you have done all your updates on your computer and get it as up to date as you are able to.
    Windows Users:
    Bottom left of your monitor screen is a search box, type the word Update in it and you should see an option that says Search for Updates, click on it and follow the instructions.

Mac users:
    Go to your Apple menu, select System Preferences, then click Software Update to check for updates.
  • Make sure that you are using one of the major browsers like, Chrome, Opera, Edge, Firefox and that it is up to date

Please disable any extensions that you may have added to it and enabled. For example you do not need the Farm Town Flash Enabler any more and you need to disable any extension that would alter the way Facebook normally looks like the one that reverts Facebook to the old classic look.

Check that cookies and pops are still allowed in your browser, those have been known to change when a browser updates so it's worth checking for those if you have not already done so. If you need help with that please click on this link: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you make any changes to your browser, when you are done, please close the browser and then reopen it to make sure those settings are saved.

• If you are still not able to load the game after doing those, please go to the1st post on page 1 of this thread thread there is more help for you there so please try those and see if they help. Here's the link to that post in case you need it: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

If you continue to have problems after trying all of those please let us know what type of computer you are using to play with (Windows or Mac), which browser you are using, what you are now seeing when you try to load the game and if there are any errors showing in the FT console beneath your game screen.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 16 2021, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Lightner View Post
.Farmtown won't open. Just a black screen. Help me please
Hi Linda Lightner,

All you posts have been answered. I am sending you a private message to help you find the replies to your posts.

I have moved your post to the correct thread for your issue.

Please check that you have already done the following before you try to load the game again:
  • Make sure that you have done all your updates on your computer and get it as up to date as you are able to.
    Windows Users:
    Bottom left of your monitor screen is a search box, type the word Update in it and you should see an option that says Search for Updates, click on it and follow the instructions.

Mac users:
    Go to your Apple menu, select System Preferences, then click Software Update to check for updates.
  • Make sure that you are using one of the major browsers like, Chrome, Opera, Edge, Firefox and that it is up to date

Please disable any extensions that you may have added to it and enabled. For example you do not need the Farm Town Flash Enabler any more and you need to disable any extension that would alter the way Facebook normally looks like the one that reverts Facebook to the old classic look.

Check that cookies and pops are still allowed in your browser, those have been known to change when a browser updates so it's worth checking for those if you have not already done so. If you need help with that please click on this link: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you make any changes to your browser, when you are done, please close the browser and then reopen it to make sure those settings are saved.

• If you are still not able to load the game after doing those, please go to the1st post on page 1 of this thread thread there is more help for you there so please try those and see if they help. Here's the link to that post in case you need it: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

If you continue to have problems after trying all of those please let us know what type of computer you are using to play with (Windows or Mac), which browser you are using, what you are now seeing when you try to load the game and if there are any errors showing in the FT console beneath your game screen.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 16 2021, 04:27 AM

Default Reporting unable to open new version

unable to load my farm today.
Old Apr 16 2021, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILARIOUS View Post
unable to load my farm today.
Hi HILAROUS,

All your posts have been answered on the forum. Moderators have also sent you a a private message to try to help you.

To find your private messages, when you are logged into the forum look top right of the page for your username, underneath that it says Private Messages in blue text. Click on that to go to your forum messages. Look for any message from one of the moderators ether marymarcel, Taz D or myself and click on the blue text above that name to open the message. Please read and follow the instructions in that message.

To find your posts on the forum please click on this link for help with that, the replies you your posts will either be in one of the posts below yours or on the next page: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 16 2021, 06:22 AM

We can not get to the farms again this morning I get the black box with the whit figure and line under it
Old Apr 16 2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmyer View Post
We can not get to the farms again this morning I get the black box with the whit figure and line under it
Hi jkmer,

Have you checked if your browser is still up to date? Have you added any extensions to your browser and enabled them, if you have some of those can prevent the game from loading so please disable them whike you try.

If it's not that please go to the 1st post on page 1 of the this thread. There is more information and help for you there, please try those and see if they help.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 16 2021, 08:32 AM

Default not loading game

FT i.d. #1340351121
The game loads sometimes, other times it is slow to load, up to 5-6minutes. Then there are the times when it won't load at all, flashing a pop-up that says my computer will not support gl web 1. I have checked the 3 capabilities I have to have for gl and have them all, or so says a computer person i know.

Also, I have no shortcut icon, anymore, so I don't have any way to get onto my farms but to wait for someone to send me a gift (on my messages) and click that. Is there a more efficacious way to get into the game?

And, I am not convinced, when I do get on my game and cut down trees and fish, that the products are actually going into my storage because I don't see the quantity numbers rising.

Please help.
Old Apr 16 2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Grey View Post
FT i.d. #1340351121
The game loads sometimes, other times it is slow to load, up to 5-6minutes. Then there are the times when it won't load at all, flashing a pop-up that says my computer will not support gl web 1. I have checked the 3 capabilities I have to have for gl and have them all, or so says a computer person i know.

Also, I have no shortcut icon, anymore, so I don't have any way to get onto my farms but to wait for someone to send me a gift (on my messages) and click that. Is there a more efficacious way to get into the game?

And, I am not convinced, when I do get on my game and cut down trees and fish, that the products are actually going into my storage because I don't see the quantity numbers rising.

Please help.
Hi Peggy Grey

Im not sure what steps you followed to load the game so I will probably give you some you have already done.

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac in case you are using it, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Be sure the browser you are using is updated.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

If your game doesnt load, then you have to provide the information under PERSISTENT LOADING ISSUES.
Please notice that for point 3, developers are asking for the last Checkpoint information.

If you dont see the information below your game screen, then click in Toggle FT console and scroll down the page using the bar on the right till you find the last Checkpoint information.

If you can't open the FT Console watch the "U" number in the upper right corner of your farms for the last number shown.

In case your game still doesnt load then post the results in this same thread, where you will also find the requirements for your computer in the first post, first page of this thread
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

For the Farmtown icon, are you talking about the one on the left column on your facebook homepage? If it is not there, then probably facebook is doing something and it will be back shortly.
Meanwhile you can click in Play FarmTown blue button in the upper right side of the forum.

For your problem with items you think are not going into your storage: please open your storage before doing some trees and write down the amount you have. Then harvest or chop those same trees and check the amounts in storage again.

Last edited by marymarcel; Apr 16 2021 at 08:54 AM.
Old Apr 16 2021, 03:44 PM

Default 552854859 black screen

2021-04-16 20:36:23.135 ERRORwasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: Could not download wasm module
2021-04-16 20:36:23.140 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation
Old Apr 16 2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious Linda View Post
2021-04-16 20:36:23.135 ERRORwasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: Could not download wasm module
2021-04-16 20:36:23.140 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation
Hi Luscious Linda

I moved your post to the HTML5 thread.

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac in case you use it. Also check if your browser is updated.

Close and reopen your browser and then check if you can load the game.

If not, then clear your browser cache. The first time you try to load the game after the clearing it will load slower as all graphics have to be loaded again.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl