Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 10 2011, 06:05 PM

I'm level 130 or thereabouts at Farmville (not VERY high, but higher than all but one of my neighbours, and she stopped playing a while back), and I very much prefer Farm Town. Am still hanging in at Farmville because I have neighbours who need help with stuff and don't have many neighbours of their own. But these days I spend the minimum amount of time over there, keeping my farms ticking over and helping friends with their various needs, and just getting annoyed at the gazillion popups every time I try to do anything and the constant demands to build this or share that or buy this or grow that, to say nothing of the times a careless double-click will have you spending FV cash you didn't mean to spend. I can practically feel my blood pressure drop when I come to Farm Town after some of these other games.
Old Sep 10 2011, 07:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
It's Slashkey's only game. A lot of people don't know about the connection with Codebell, and as far as I know their games aren't promoted at Farm Town and vice versa.
Slashkey and codebell are one and the same so slashkey does have other games.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 10 2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
I don't care where they are on a list or how much money they make.

My concern is that if there aren't enough players the game won't be profitable. When it's not profitable it will be gone. It's happened to other FB games.

I don't have the answers. I just know that continuing to do the same thing will get the same results.
I understand that, but this is not a something for us to be worried about, I don't have time to worry about companies going under b/c of lack of money. We cannot tell them what to do....I expect that like every other game that has ever been invented, it will have an ending at some point, until then i Plan to enjoy it. Well I will once I can get back into the site again, but for now I will just curse fb
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Sep 10 2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
This is true, I believe that they have at least 2 other games. Neither of which I enjoy but other people do.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
Old Sep 10 2011, 08:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
It's Slashkey's only game. A lot of people don't know about the connection with Codebell, and as far as I know their games aren't promoted at Farm Town and vice versa.

Unfortunately one of the things that probably makes the difference between Farm Town and Farmville is the sheer amount of advertising that Zynga is prepared to do, and the way the Zynga games require people to pollute their friends' feeds with pleas for help of one sort or another. When Farm Town had that issue with all the stuff on the feed when the belts first came out, the devs listened to the players and cut the number of levels that could be posted on the feed. Zynga would never have done that.

Hopefully as long as Farm Town has a loyal core of players, that's good enough to be going on with. If it becomes more like Farmville, it's going to risk losing the people who don't want to be playing the same game twice over and are fed up with all the pushy nagging.
I really hope farm town does not go the way of farmville that is why I have come back to this game. It is really getting bad over there.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 10 2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
I'd love to see where Slashkey is mentioned anywhere on the Codebell games or vice versa. From the point of view of the players, Farm Town is a stand-alone game; Slashkey isn't pushing the Codebell games onto its players the way other game companies do when they have several games. I've yet to be told that getting a Farm Town decoration or facility is dependent on gaining a dozen levels in a Codebell game, the way the Zynga games do with each other.
Old Sep 10 2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I'd love to see where Slashkey is mentioned anywhere on the Codebell games or vice versa. From the point of view of the players, Farm Town is a stand-alone game; Slashkey isn't pushing the Codebell games onto its players the way other game companies do when they have several games. I've yet to be told that getting a Farm Town decoration or facility is dependent on gaining a dozen levels in a Codebell game, the way the Zynga games do with each other.
you obvioulsy have never paid by paypal......if you have you probably would have noticed that the money goes to codebell NOT slashkey
Old Sep 10 2011, 09:44 PM

Yes, I know they're the same company, or Codebell owns Slashkey or whatever; I'm just saying that as far as gameplay is concerned you don't see anything about Codebell at Farm Town, and the Codebell games aren't advertised or even mentioned. I can't even see anything about Codebell's other two games on its own website (although I may be missing something because I don't really see why they wouldn't mention them). I play one of the Codebell games from time to time, and I don't remember seeing anything about Farm Town there either, except that some of the items look the same. The situation is totally different from Zynga where their games, especially new ones, infiltrate their other games, sometimes quite intrusively.
Old Sep 10 2011, 11:27 PM
Account Not Linked

It sounds to me like your friends just need to get more creative. There are ways around paying real money for farm cash to buy farm cash items. I spend probably 5 bucks every couple of weeks and its really only when I am being impatient and can't wait for my "other" methods to deliver the goods. I've got all the necessary farm cash tools, all the farm cash facilities that I have really wanted and other farm cash items and I hardly pay for any of it.
Old Sep 11 2011, 08:21 AM

you know I have friends that played but no longer play...I have had them send me fc items...since they were not going to use them anyway, why let them go to waste. There are ways of not paying to get items and yes you will or might still have to sometimes pay, but really, use your resources and you shall get what you need, not necessarily what you want, but your needs will be met.