Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 30 2024, 03:22 PM

Default I am reconsidering....

About the Crop Replanter. I have a quest farm where I have crops in different stages of development. I have some newly planted Chia, ready to harvest Chia and Chia somewhere in between. If I purchase the replanter will I be able to maintain this?

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old Apr 30 2024, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise Dianna View Post
About the Crop Replanter. I have a quest farm where I have crops in different stages of development. I have some newly planted Chia, ready to harvest Chia and Chia somewhere in between. If I purchase the replanter will I be able to maintain this?
Hi Denise

That is the idea. You have to select the combine harvest/plant you use for your quest farm and when the Crops window opens click in green "Replant Same Crop" button.

Then when you highlight the crop you want to replant only that crop should be replanted.
Old Apr 30 2024, 05:08 PM

bought the replanter but doesn't seem to work I did put in storage but something about using combine with it, does it only work on crops that are ready, as trying on plowed fields

Last edited by amanda1955; Apr 30 2024 at 05:13 PM.
Old Apr 30 2024, 05:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda1955 View Post
bought the replanter but doesn't seem to work I did put in storage but something about using combine with it, does it only work on crops that are ready, as trying on plowed fields
Hi Amanda,
Yes it only works for crops that are ready or wasted. There isn't any way for it to work for crops that have already been harvested.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 30 2024, 06:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie van tonder View Post
Nice if you have money - not so nice if you have to live off quests which usually catch you unawares and a Free Farmpass - being old, retired and fixed income, but glad for those that can afford it - good luck
Agreed! This is a very expensive piece of equipment. I suspect that many of us are also retired and such an outlay needs to be considered very carefully. I will likely sacrifice something else and purchase this equipment. And hope very much that it does all the things I expect it to do. It seems that it is only useful for replanting the quest farm and I believe that will save a lot of time. Even though I am also retired and I still have a very busy life and I like to get my FT tasks completed as quickly as possible. I have a real garden to play in and that takes much of my time during the day.
Old Apr 30 2024, 06:37 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Amanda,
Yes it only works for crops that are ready or wasted. There isn't any way for it to work for crops that have already been harvested.
It does work with any harvest/plow/plant tool though, correct? Say if I have 2 rows of 5x5 crops planted and I use the 10x10 plant-plow-sow too, will it replant 2 rows of 5x5 plots replacing what was ready, the same in each position?
Old Apr 30 2024, 06:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Denise

That is the idea. You have to select the combine harvest/plant you use for your quest farm and when the Crops window opens click in green "Replant Same Crop" button.

Then when you highlight the crop you want to replant only that crop should be replanted.
I apologise for the multiple replies, I have so many questions. And before I outlay this significant amount of FC I want to be sure it does what I hope it will do. If I select a tool that covers several smaller plots of different crops, will it replant the crops exactly as they were before?

Can you highlight multiple crops at one time?
Old Apr 30 2024, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Amanda,

say I have leek on one of my farms and I click on this tool and I click on replant same crop will it do the same crop with one click?

hope that makes sense
Old Apr 30 2024, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmacross View Post
I apologise for the multiple replies, I have so many questions. And before I outlay this significant amount of FC I want to be sure it does what I hope it will do. If I select a tool that covers several smaller plots of different crops, will it replant the crops exactly as they were before?

Can you highlight multiple crops at one time?
Hi Enigmacross

If you are talking about a farm with different crops, like a quest farm, I should use the exact combine harvest plant.

If you use a bigger one and you dont want to replant the crops near the crops you indeed want to replant, then they will be also be replanted. That is why it is better to select the correct size of combine.
Old Apr 30 2024, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehair View Post
say I have leek on one of my farms and I click on this tool and I click on replant same crop will it do the same crop with one click?

hope that makes sense
Hi bluehair

You don't replant the entire farm with only one click using the Replant tool.

If you planted different crops on the same farm and want to plant the exact same ones and same amounts, use the same combine harvest-plant you used to plant them last time. Then when the store opens and you click on Replant Some Crops it will plant the exact same crops where the tool highlights the crops.

The EX combine-plants are the ones that will highlight everything within a squared area, so if you have different crops in that squared area it will plant all of them exactly the way they are in that squared area. For example if 4 different crops are planted in that squared area all 4 of those crops will be replanted.

If the whole farm needs replanting and has many different crops on it you can use the biggest EX combine harvest-plant to plant the whole farm exactly the same with far less clicks. Non EX combines don't have Extent mode but can still replant an entire farm faster than they could as you still don't need to select each crop to plant.

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 30 2024 at 07:29 PM.