Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 09 2010, 08:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks Raul and devs Keep up the good work!
Old May 09 2010, 08:32 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Thumbs down Is this FARM Town or TOON Town???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
I do have to agree that the design of the facilities is not what I would have hoped for. This isn't Disney. While I don't expect complete realism, there is a stark contrast between the houses and manors and some of the facilities. One set looks like a good approximation of a real world building, the other set looks like a cartoon or coloring book scenery. The pizza factory and bakery are good, but the design of the newer buildings is increasingly garish, especially that snack factory.
I couldn't agree more! I keep thinking Roger Rabbit is going to jump out from behind one of the new buildings! All one has to do is a side by side comparison of our original buildings with these new ones to see that we're starting to look VERY cartoonish. Not a good direction for Farm Town to take, in my opinion!

What happened to the graphic artists? Were they fired and replaced by children???

Visit 1st farm "KoKo's Kampground" Level 166
Visit 2nd farm "Shop & Play"
Visit 3rd farm "Merchants Square"
Visit 4th farm "Coastline Cabins"
Visit 5th farm "Flowers, Crops & Trees"
Visit 6th farm "Center of Town" (default farm)
Visit 7th farm "Spa Getaway"

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 09 2010, 08:35 PM

Thanks for all the new stuff.
Not sure if this is a silly question but where does one get cocoa to make chocolate? Is it a gift or what? Can't find it as a crop or as a tree.
Because of lots of glitches I have not played since right before Christmas.
Old May 09 2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapergal View Post
Thanks for all the new stuff.
Not sure if this is a silly question but where does one get cocoa to make chocolate? Is it a gift or what? Can't find it as a crop or as a tree.
Because of lots of glitches I have not played since right before Christmas.
You use the cocoa trees with the chocolate factory to make chocolate. The trees are gifts, so get your neighbors to send them to you.
Old May 09 2010, 09:09 PM

UGH I'm out of room for more facilities. Farm #4 please!
Old May 09 2010, 09:23 PM

I love FT and have happily paid occasionally for FarmCash to buy/upgrade additional farms and things to go on them but I have to agree with the comments other people have made... the factories and facilities are too cartoon like for my taste so just won't buy them. As one of the more 'traditionalist' farmers I would like to see things like a church, school etc to extend my farm into a village. Oh yes, and a 4th farm would be just wonderful please.

Thanks to Raul and the developers for all their hard work.
Old May 09 2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieD View Post
... As one of the more 'traditionalist' farmers I would like to see things like a church, school etc to extend my farm into a village. Oh yes, and a 4th farm would be just wonderful please.

Thanks to Raul and the developers for all their hard work.
I thank you too Raul and devs.

I agree - I would love to see a school, church, a gift shop, and a grocery store (these would not be facilities). I too am developing my third farm into a town and park, and would like to continue on that course, placing the facilities on a fourth farm.

Thanks for all you do!
Old May 09 2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
6. You can now ask relatives and friends on special ocasions (like mother's day ;-) to buy you farm cash items as gifts from the store using the new 'Send' button, you will receive them on your gift box directly, currently they have to be your neighbours to do it
I just re-read this. I could never ask a neighbor to spend their real $ to send me a farm cash item!!!
Old May 09 2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We just released a new version with the following features/changes:

1. The Watermill (coins) is now a facility that produces Corn Flour for snacks and other future products

2. The Oil Factory (12 FC) produces Olive Oil for different snacks

3. The Snack Factory (coins) produces:

-Potato Chips
-Plantain Chips
-Nachos
-Veggie Snack Pack (carrots, broccoli, celery and grape tomatoes)
-Peanuts in the shell
-Walnuts

4. The Confectionery Factory (32 FC) produces:

- Chocolate Box
- Chocolate Bar
- Chocolate Strawberries
- Chocolate with Caramel
- Candy Apple
- Candycane Jar
- Hard Candy Jar

5. You can now catch some walleyes and northern pike on the frozen lake for those who still have it, and it's available again on the store

6. You can now ask relatives and friends on special ocasions (like mother's day ;-) to buy you farm cash items as gifts from the store using the new 'Send' button, you will receive them on your gift box directly, currently they have to be your neighbours to do it

7. The '?' icon is now also shown on the market place, to make it easier for you to determine if sell the proucts or use them to make other products

8. The realtor bug showing the 'Seeds' window for some users should be fixed now

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul
These are all very nice additions to Farm Town but how about fixing the problem so many farmers are having in not being able to work in other farmers' facilities? Thanks.
Old May 09 2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelgurl View Post
Why can't people be happy with what the developers have already given us, I have spent a few dollars here and there to buy things like extended farms and factories , but I was also happy before I bought them , just playing the game escaping the real world and making FarmTown my fantasy world to escape to . Thanks FarmTown for saving my Sanity , special Thanxs to the Developers
I sooo agree with you. Initially, I wouldn't spend any real money but then I thought about how much time I spend here and when you figure out how much enjoyment we get and what other entertainment costs are... it's really inexpensive to spend a $20 bill here and there to get what we really want. Besides, it's a way of saying thank you to the developers. This IS a business for them, not a hobby.

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1
Closed Thread