Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 22 2012, 07:28 PM

Hi, I was at the market and this just happened, but it has happened before many times, a farmer has a quest and they use the lifeline and they get "TRADE" and they need something like 'Lemon Juice' and it states that they can trade at the market...this lifeline should be redone or allow us to trade FROM FACILITIES also. Why, can't we, by now i would think we should be allowed to trade products that we need for other facilities. Thank You and Happy Farming
Old Aug 26 2012, 09:46 AM
Account Not Linked

I'm doing the Chocolate Chip Cookies quest, and I can do everything except the Produce Chocolate Liquor because I don't have that facility. (It's a FC facility, otherwise I would have it.) I put out a Lifeline, which lets me obtain it by working in a friend's facility, but none of my friends currently playing have the Chocolate Factory either. However, Chocolate Liquor is a free gift, and my friends can send me it as a free gift. (I only needed 2, which was easy enough.) Unfortunately, the Lifeline doesn't seem to apply to free gifts. So I'm at the point where I have everything for the quest, including the cookies, but the quest is still telling me I don't have any Chocolate Liquor.

It's one thing not to be able to complete a quest because you don't have the designation facilities; it's another to have everything you need, but not be able to complete it on a technicality.

Could the Lifeline please apply to free gifts, too?
Old Aug 26 2012, 10:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
I'm doing the Chocolate Chip Cookies quest, and I can do everything except the Produce Chocolate Liquor because I don't have that facility. (It's a FC facility, otherwise I would have it.) I put out a Lifeline, which lets me obtain it by working in a friend's facility, but none of my friends currently playing have the Chocolate Factory either. However, Chocolate Liquor is a free gift, and my friends can send me it as a free gift. (I only needed 2, which was easy enough.) Unfortunately, the Lifeline doesn't seem to apply to free gifts. So I'm at the point where I have everything for the quest, including the cookies, but the quest is still telling me I don't have any Chocolate Liquor.

It's one thing not to be able to complete a quest because you don't have the designation facilities; it's another to have everything you need, but not be able to complete it on a technicality.

Could the Lifeline please apply to free gifts, too?
For you to receive it as a gift you would have to have the gift lifeline.
Old Aug 28 2012, 09:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
For you to receive it as a gift you would have to have the gift lifeline.
I don't know, I've never used a lifeline before. When I see I can't do a quest, I just ignore it; but I make chocolate chip cookies all the time and thought I could do this one.

How do I get a gift lifeline?
Old Aug 28 2012, 09:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I don't know, I've never used a lifeline before. When I see I can't do a quest, I just ignore it; but I make chocolate chip cookies all the time and thought I could do this one.

When you have the quest screen up, click on the lifesaver that is in the top right and it will give you one of the three, they are picked at random and you can only have one lifeline active at a time and can't be used for the final step in a quest. You can see more of lifelines in the Game Guide chapter quests.
Old Aug 29 2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:
When you have the quest screen up, click on the lifesaver that is in the top right and it will give you one of the three, they are picked at random and you can only have one lifeline active at a time and can't be used for the final step in a quest. You can see more of lifelines in the Game Guide chapter quests.

Once you have opened the lifeline you cannot open it again till that quest is finished or timed out. The lifelines are a random selection and you can not pick and choose which lifeline you want.

You can make chocolate chip cookies all the time because you have received the chocolate as a gift and it is in your storage.
Old Aug 29 2012, 07:53 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Once you have opened the lifeline you cannot open it again till that quest is finished or timed out. The lifelines are a random selection and you can not pick and choose which lifeline you want.

You can make chocolate chip cookies all the time because you have received the chocolate as a gift and it is in your storage.
I believe you have just said exactly what I said in my previous post and I didn't know I needed repeated, with the exception of your last sentence about the chocolate chip cookies.

Last edited by KnightRider; Aug 29 2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old Aug 29 2012, 03:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post

Thank you both. So I guess I'll go back to what I said in my original post: They need to make it so we can use gifted items in quests. In this case, I have no friends currently playing who have the chocolate factory, but active friends who can send it to me as a free gift; and though I technically completed the quest, the game refused to recognize it and grant me my reward. Which is frustrating.
Old Aug 29 2012, 03:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thank you both. So I guess I'll go back to what I said in my original post: They need to make it so we can use gifted items in quests. In this case, I have no friends currently playing who have the chocolate factory, but active friends who can send it to me as a free gift; and though I technically completed the quest, the game refused to recognize it and grant me my reward. Which is frustrating.
It might be helpful to you if you read chapter 29 in the Game Guide about quests. It does tell you what the lifelines are and what they are each good for. Here is a link to that chapter:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 29 2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I believe you have just said exactly what I said in my previous post and I didn't know I needed repeated, with the exception of your last sentence about the chocolate chip cookies.

Well excuse me for being human and making a mistake.....