Old Feb 19 2012, 11:48 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
Is the one with the tofu the last step in your quest, if not, I thought that the trade lifeline was so you can go into the marketplace and purchase the item you needed for the quest, that is what it says in the release notes. I know that normally the marketplace you can only buy first step items like crops, fish, cut flowers, and cut trees, but since they made that lifeline, they should have changed it when you use a lifeline, otherwise why have that lifeline available. If you need tofu, I would sell you some.
You can't trade tofu, you have to have a different lifeline to work in a neighbor's facility to do that.

So far the first lifeline I used is still holding me up from getting a different lifeline for another quest, so they don't look to great to me.
Old Feb 19 2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
From what I have seen in here and Help & Support I think the Lifeline needs to be tweaked a bit. There is no way to get a gift or ingredient if you need an end item from a facility. That should be a Hire Lifeline not a Gift Lifeline or Trade Lifeline. Trade Lifelines should only be for things you can buy such as crop, tree, flower and animal harvests.
This definately needs some tweaking.
My thoughts exactly!
Neighbor of mine needs to make Eau de Toilette for her quest, but doesn't have a perfume factory. She was given a trade lifeline (and we can't trade facility products), so she's not able to complete it. If she had been given a hire lifeline instead she could have finished it.

I'm sure that avoiding situations such as this was intent of the lifelines, they just need to be tweaked a bit, as Taz says. It's important to keep people in the game.

As for me ... I LOVE everything you do and I really appreciate that you listen and adjust the game accordingly. It's been a 3 year journey of consistent improvement.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Feb 19 2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
- In the future the Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous Quests
--from January 21 release notes

Those of us who are unhappy about quests that are not able to be completed are not trying to be difficult, whiny, small-minded, etc. We realize it is "just a game". But with the possibility of earning farm cash and/or ingredients, we do not want incomplete quests marring our record.
Old Feb 19 2012, 09:26 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
For your example you can go to the sandwich shop and request the ingredients to make the Tuna sandwich. That will get you the canned tuna.
wait, what???? you can request ingredients and get supplies that way??? holy carp, I've misunderstood this since the beginning, wow!!! maybe I had better keep reading thru the thread, but am I understanding this right?

I understand it now! I needed garlic, so I asked for ingredients for white cheesy pizza and when a neighbor answered my ingredient request, the garlic was there for me to use in my quest! yay!! SO glad I read the forums tonite!!! <3

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by dnana; Feb 19 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old Feb 19 2012, 09:36 PM

i really don't see how to use the 'lifeline' and think that the quests are easy enough and not worth enough to be a real issue if one can't accomplish one of them anyway???
i continue to be a little disappointed in the ease of the quests, but do them everyday anyway -- lol
Old Feb 19 2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jljdestiny9 View Post
I would like to say that I personally love the quests. Yes, there are limitations. Yes, we may receive quests for items that we are unable to complete due to not having the necessary facility. Yes, the selected lifeline may not be of any use. But folks, this is a game. In the meantime, wait your 20 hours and accept a new quest. It's not like you are paying coins or farm cash in order to accept the quest and then not being able to complete it. Appreciate it for what it is. Give the developers a chance to see player feedback and make changes. I am hoping that the lifeline feature will allow players to select their own option and work in a neighbors facility if they don't have their own. I will keep accepting my quests daily and enjoy my farming life!
Very well said ... I too enjoy the quests and enjoy them for what they are. If I happen to not have a facility and I don't want to buy it, then I simply skip the quest without whinging.

I find them a really fun, enjoyable addition to the game and to each his own, we can choose to play ..... or just leave them alone.

Old Feb 20 2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trina531 View Post
well duh I forgot to read the fine print...I figured it out! two pictures = factory and client service!
LOL - I love that. We all have 'duh' moments in this game

Old Feb 20 2012, 12:30 AM

Default Problem

Seems Quests have raised problems. Crop selection for planting paints out the ability to see one's current stock with a lovely non descriptive beige. Please fix this ASAP; data is no longer supplied about how much is stored, and so on. That's the price of introducing new software without complete comprehensive testing.
Old Feb 20 2012, 12:42 AM

Level:
XP:
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by trina531 View Post
today's quest required me to make a spark plug. made the chromite and iron ore,quartz rock, kaolin clay rock, produced the stainless steel with no problems. The the were to pics for spark plugs. Made the first spark plug and it is done then tried to load the second one and it says nothing is loaded.... This must me a glitch..can you let me know. I am frustrated...I have completed all my quests and it looks like this one I will not be able to do....thanks
IT WAS ONE OF MY SENIOR MOMENTS....THEY SEEMS HAPPEN MORE OFTEN AS I AGE ALAS...FT keeps my mind alive and active.. thank god...maybe I will live a long time
Old Feb 20 2012, 01:58 AM
Account Not Linked

I love the quests, I really do that is why it is so frustrading when you can't do them and have to wait another 20 hrs to open another one.
That being said, remember I told you about two quests I couldn't do because I didn't have the service facilities to complete the last step? Well, two days ago, I gave in and bought myself the service facs needed and started to produce the things required (dress shoes and ft beer). Dress shoes, mini mall, no problem. But when I reached the final step to load the ft beer, it said I have to load it in the pub and what do you know? I bought myself the dance club (this also loads ft beer). I just wasted hard earned cash on a service facility I didn't want but just bought to complete a quest. Problem is that you can't see which service facility you need in the last step before all the other steps are completed. This can't be right. If there are two service facilities that load the same products, we should be able to choose which one we use.
Whine over.