Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 31 2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Jan 28, 5:20AM EST.

Known Issues:

- The facility product Belt popups are frustrating some users, we will release an update soon that will allow you to disable them in the current session

- Part of the Tooltip in Quest Manager is sometimes hidden
I KNOW you are working on this and I appreciate all your efforts to give us a great game - but just to illustrate the problem. I have just been working a friends facilities - like me she has over 80 on several farms. It has taken me almost half an hour because I loaded mine earlier and the pop ups are still coming. The next facility wont load until I get rid of a pop up so its been alternate click on facility click on bonus pop up.
Sorry to winge - like I said I KNOW you are working on this!
Have to say I love the quests - and the way you have got them working - FT rocks - thank you

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jan 31 2012, 03:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Default Speed Up the Pop Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I KNOW you are working on this and I appreciate all your efforts to give us a great game - but just to illustrate the problem. I have just been working a friends facilities - like me she has over 80 on several farms. It has taken me almost half an hour because I loaded mine earlier and the pop ups are still coming. The next facility wont load until I get rid of a pop up so its been alternate click on facility click on bonus pop up.
Sorry to winge - like I said I KNOW you are working on this!
Have to say I love the quests - and the way you have got them working - FT rocks - thank you
I don't mind the pop-ups because I like to get extra product but like you I don't like the fact that they are still popping up when I have moved on to work on my neighbors farms. I just don't understand why they are delayed by so much time. I can load a facility and don't see the pop up for a belt earned in that facility for 8 to 10 facilities later. Why does it require us clicking on 2 facilities or 2 clicks on anything per Pop Up? They should show immediately one after the other before we can click on anything else. I know the developers are working on a way to stop the pop ups but how about working on a way to make them more timely, like while you are still in that particular facility and not 10 facilities later or after you have gone on to do other things.
Come on Raul, please fix this as well as having a way to turn them off.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 31 2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I don't mind the pop-ups because I like to get extra product but like you I don't like the fact that they are still popping up when I have moved on to work on my neighbors farms. I just don't understand why they are delayed by so much time. I can load a facility and don't see the pop up for a belt earned in that facility for 8 to 10 facilities later. Why does it require us clicking on 2 facilities or 2 clicks on anything per Pop Up? They should show immediately one after the other before we can click on anything else. I know the developers are working on a way to stop the pop ups but how about working on a way to make them more timely, like while you are still in that particular facility and not 10 facilities later or after you have gone on to do other things.
Come on Raul, please fix this as well as having a way to turn them off.
It can take a long time for them all to finish "popping up" - yes they DEF need to be more timely. Once Ive clicked "Yes" to post the ones I want to share then the rest are not only annoying they are a hindrance. I dont want to stop them totally because I like the bonuses and so do my friends but Ive just gone back to my farm this evening after filling my facilities this morning and I still got what I hope is the last one!
The problem is I think the sheer volume of them - with crops etc you only get one at a time but fill 50 facilities with I guess an average of 6 items per building - well I can do the math as well!! And I suppose a lot of the time lag is down to individual line and computer speeds.
I have been trying to fill the facilities where I know I will get a bonus I want first so they appear first and the others can just be hidden when that is enabled.
I realise that eventually this will all calm down when the top level for each item is reached and yes the ability to turn them off at some point will be good. I presume we will be able to exit FT when we have posted 5 bonuses and then go back in and turn off the rest of the pop ups???

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jan 31 2012, 06:53 PM

Are there any issues with the Quests that anyone knows of? I started my first quest, planted and harvested the ingredients it required but it tells me I still haven't done that. My friend is not having that problem, she is already onto her second quest! I even got out of the game and went back in, just in case. Kinda puts a damper on this, Thanks.
Old Jan 31 2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesselwill View Post
Are there any issues with the Quests that anyone knows of? I started my first quest, planted and harvested the ingredients it required but it tells me I still haven't done that. My friend is not having that problem, she is already onto her second quest! I even got out of the game and went back in, just in case. Kinda puts a damper on this, Thanks.
Did you harvest them yourself or hire it out? You can't hire it out. There have also been some reports of tools not counting either, but I think that might have been fixed.
Old Jan 31 2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan7886 View Post
Did you harvest them yourself or hire it out? You can't hire it out. There have also been some reports of tools not counting either, but I think that might have been fixed.
That is it, I hired out for it. Guess I should have read more closely when I saw it. Glad I have the sprinkler! Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 31 2012, 09:20 PM

Talking Request and belt manager

Started the quest which I like, but got to the 4th one and it requires a facility I don't have and don't plan on getting it, wondering if the quest will now stop for me because I don't complete it.
Thought FT would put the belt posting in the belt manager so we can go to the melt manager and pick which ones we want to post with out alllllllll those pop ups, guest I was wrong, what is the belt manager going to be used for then?
Old Jan 31 2012, 09:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bamagirl

I would love to see a way we could keep track of how many quest we have completed with the quest an maybe how many coins we have earned from them.

(level 650+)
Started playing May 9, 2009
Old Feb 01 2012, 05:41 AM

Don't know if this should be put here, please feel free to move it if not. My question is Valentine's Day is just 2 weeks away ... any plans to release some items for that? Thanks again for a great game!
Old Feb 01 2012, 05:58 AM

Default Lentil quest

yes you have to plant on your farm and then YOU have to harvest , all on your own farm
Joyce.Pickup1
Closed Thread