Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 31 2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rposer@googlemail.com View Post
I like the new dog. Cute one, but where do I get the dog house?
Its in "Farm Decor"
Old Aug 31 2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
how do you get the second function to irrigate i just clicked the red sprinkler from the extended toolbox and it just grabs the brown sprinkler
It seems to me that it will only grab the red sprinkler out of storage when it is 'due' to be used again. If you have watered already within the allotted time frame it only lets you use the brown one.

Old Aug 31 2011, 05:25 AM

I see Raul is going to ask for moderator feed back re the size of the clydesdale. Please can I cast my vote for leave him exactly the way he is. Clydesdales are very large horses, and I love that he stands out on my farms. For those who want proper proportion, perhaps we could have a new stable for the clydesdales to live in.

Old Aug 31 2011, 05:30 AM

i think increase the size of the red roofed stables and make it that only clydestales can be added to it and keep the green roofed stables as is for the normal horses

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Aug 31 2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I see Raul is going to ask for moderator feed back re the size of the clydesdale. Please can I cast my vote for leave him exactly the way he is. Clydesdales are very large horses, and I love that he stands out on my farms.
Agree. We might need a new blacksmith's though. Mine (on my Little Gidding farm) look as if they're about to kick the existing forge to pieces!
Old Aug 31 2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rposer@googlemail.com View Post
Well, I remember old days when we all discussed about sizes and scales of houses and animals. We can stop this discussion. Last time nothing happens and that lead us to facilities and houses where smurfs live next door to King Kong. The charm once was to have right scaled houses and that everything fit together, this idea is dead since years. Some responsibles really forgot to look at the game when typing the source codes in their PCs'....

And BTW: I`m not happy with the update. A "start all" buttom without a user-installed preselection option (like the selling stuff, where I can chose for the future what is automatically sold and what not) at the mines was a useless tool.

A good thing was the red sprinkler!

new facilities.... oh boy, what for? I can`t even produce enough metal ore in my mines and I have mines on each farm.

the new tree: great to have one, but ... 1 facility to use it in... wow :-(

new Lama and new sheep: great, but you really should think a little of reducing the FC amount from 5 to 3 or maximum 4, so that it makes sence for me to buy these animals.

I like the new dog. Cute one, but where do I get the dog house?

In total this is an average update. Sorry, but really new ideas weren`t born ! Especially when you are top level nothing changed as there are no new goals. That lead us to the old discussion: we need something (maybe quests or whatever) that keeps the maximum level-players attracted to the game and make also the entry for new players interessting. Ok, now everyone is happy because of the new update, but in 2 weeks, the complaints stay the same. Change something !

I tend to agree with most of what you post. I guess that we have to acknowledge that there is a big difference in a designer and a developer. One of my sons attended one of only 5 colleges in the US that base all their curriculum (web, motion picture, animation, music etc) on the computer. His course of study included computer grapics/web/etc design and .... and.... development.

When he returned to Michigan he received numerous job offers because... unlike the applicants the companies usually see..... he could both design and develop.

Apparently this difference is still a relevant obstacle in producing a good end product.... and might possibly exist at slashkey also.

Old Aug 31 2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
i think increase the size of the red roofed stables and make it that only clydestales can be added to it and keep the green roofed stables as is for the normal horses
.... but then we would need "normal" horses.....
Old Aug 31 2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satis View Post
Agree. We might need a new blacksmith's though. Mine (on my Little Gidding farm) look as if they're about to kick the existing forge to pieces!
HI, to be frank, none of the animals are "to scale" so why worry about 1 horse?
I know it looks odd, but then a sports stadium the size of pocket hanky looks odd too. I'd leave it as it is.
Old Aug 31 2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
It seems to me that it will only grab the red sprinkler out of storage when it is 'due' to be used again. If you have watered already within the allotted time frame it only lets you use the brown one.
Well I tried to water today.... and the red sprinkler was chosen, and showed on the farm, and the rain fell.......

but there is no (W), and the time remains the same after multiple refreshes.

hhmmm

sounds like the fix might be just to

.... forget the time limit on watering
.... forget the 1000 limit on buy and sell (especially now since more farmers will have more to sell - come on devs, wake up)
.... forget the insistence on some strange design decisions that are not up to the higher quality of the overall game

One item in the release did not affect or bother me and that was the 25 new levels.... but I can see where many farmers had the first thought... WTF ... is there anything I could even buy for $25?? Maybe half a sprinkler....lol

Old Aug 31 2011, 06:46 AM

Raul and Devs...Just wanted to thank you for the great update. There are a lot of great things here. Love the Boarder Collie, The time display is fantastic especially the time till the crops goes to waste very helpful. Super sheep & Llamas wonderful.Like the loader gadget again very helpful.

I'm sure the sprinkler is probably the best part, once I figure it out.

And of course FARM 11

Thank you again for another great update!

Fritz
Closed Thread