Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 29 2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaNana View Post
What drives me craziest when I'm in the Marketplace looking to be hired is when someone sends a request for me to plow, harvest, chop, and fish (just an example here), especially on multiple farms. No way to tell it's for multiple farms till I get to the job. Then, when I arrive on their farm(s), there are wall-to-wall trees to chop, one pond, and maybe a dozen plots to h/p. I don't mind a multi-hire, but I surely wish there was some way of knowing before I accept if I'm being asked to chop a million trees and h/p a dozen plots. Knowing that would go a long way toward deciding whether or not to take the job. Once I accept a job, I feel obligated to do everything I was hired to do and to complete the job before I leave.
Not sure it's possible to code such a thing in a computer game. They could possible say "you are hired to catch 12 fish and 2201 trees and 50 flowers" but by the time you got there supposed something grew, then you could have 500fish and 500 flowers. Nope, it's not possible to do what you want with a game like this.

Best thing to do is to just kindly leave a note and say you can't do so many trees because you don't have the tools, or you don't have enough time to complete such a big job properly. If the job isn't suitable for you, leave a note explaining why. Best not to do the bits you like, just leave the whole job alone.
Happy Farming All
Old Feb 29 2012, 08:16 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

If I am hired to harvest a farm that is layered too much or the trees are too tightly place together. And most important if my computer does not like it, I leave a polite note to that farmer telling them I am not able to do the work and to hire some one else. Layers play havoc in my computer. If I am able to tough it out, I will continue. And when I do I find some beautiful farm designs. Not always but a few!!! Just an idea of mine
Old Feb 29 2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Not sure it's possible to code such a thing in a computer game. They could possible say "you are hired to catch 12 fish and 2201 trees and 50 flowers" but by the time you got there supposed something grew, then you could have 500fish and 500 flowers. Nope, it's not possible to do what you want with a game like this.

Best thing to do is to just kindly leave a note and say you can't do so many trees because you don't have the tools, or you don't have enough time to complete such a big job properly. If the job isn't suitable for you, leave a note explaining why. Best not to do the bits you like, just leave the whole job alone.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I know it's probably not possible, just was venting my frustration. Your suggestion is so simple, don't know why I hadn't thought of it. I've just always felt that once I accept, I'm obligated to at least try to finish. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I am hired to harvest a farm that is layered too much or the trees are too tightly place together. And most important if my computer does not like it, I leave a polite note to that farmer telling them I am not able to do the work and to hire some one else. Layers play havoc in my computer. If I am able to tough it out, I will continue. And when I do I find some beautiful farm designs. Not always but a few!!! Just an idea of mine
Another great suggestion! Thanks!
Old Feb 29 2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mae View Post
I had to do that a few nights ago. I rarely work the markets, but had nothing better to do I was hired to harvest crops and flowers and chop trees. The farms I was sent to turned out to have megga multi layered crops, with a thick layer of flowers on top of that and a hugely thick layer of trees over the top of everything else

My computer can handle almost anything, but in this instance it quickly ground to snails pace and threatened to crash out, and I simply had to give up or spend my entire evening trying to finish this farm.

It is extremely against my policy to walk away from a job once hired, but I had to leave the farmer a note telling him the situation that I found myself in on his farm, and asking him to hire someone else for the job.

A little while later I found a very abusive note in my mail box, including a threat to 'report me to the forum' but chose to ignore. I'm afraid that my opinion is that if someone wants to put such impossible layers onto their farms like that, then they should also be prepared to harvest and chop those farms themselves rather than hire from the market place, then abuse everyone who finds it too heavily layered to handle.

Old Mar 02 2012, 01:22 PM

Default Make chopping and fishing more attractive!

Can't you do SOMETHING to make chopping and fishing more attractive? Give extra points or more harvests or something.
Old Mar 02 2012, 02:01 PM

Smile hiring

I generally do not hire people with too many demands. My pet peeve is when I ask who has a chainsaw for example and many others are also asking who wants grapes, or plow etc and people simply answer "me" or "I do". I wish people would specify "I have a chainsaw" or "I want plowing" or use your name. "I do Mike". That would be helpful.
Old Mar 02 2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cowgirl View Post
Can't you do SOMETHING to make chopping and fishing more attractive? Give extra points or more harvests or something.
I agree, that is actually what I came to this forum to post about. Not so much about the Chopping because I see people wanting to chop all the time, but it is very difficult to get anyone to fish for you, it so bad many of them have NO FISHING as part of their name. They post will do anything but fish. If they don't have a boat I understand that but with a boat it is pretty easy to fish. Same difference if you harvest one square at time or if you have harvester and or plow. They have given us bait to double to the amount to be caught and I always advertise that I bait. I spend as much time trying to hire someone to fish that I could have just as well done it myself. I am pretty fast at with my boat and don't mind fishing for others. I just don't see why so many people hate it so much and haven't a clue as to what to make it more inviting that they would want to do it.
Old Mar 02 2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm3810@msn.com View Post
I generally do not hire people with too many demands. My pet peeve is when I ask who has a chainsaw for example and many others are also asking who wants grapes, or plow etc and people simply answer "me" or "I do". I wish people would specify "I have a chainsaw" or "I want plowing" or use your name. "I do Mike". That would be helpful.
I try to answer back using the name of the person asking, but often it disappears off the screen very quickly.

My wish is that people asking 'who has a chainsaw?' would add if needs be '... to harvest my 6 million trees all stacked onto the one farm'

Old Mar 03 2012, 10:18 AM
Account Not Linked

I hired two people yesterday, each had one farm to harvest & plow. No layers, nothing difficult. Didn't mind if they were fast or slow, both hired to work solo. As so often happens, I came back to find both jobs half or less than half done and the worker gone. I would really like a rating system for workers!
Old Mar 03 2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath-H View Post
I hired two people yesterday, each had one farm to harvest & plow. No layers, nothing difficult. Didn't mind if they were fast or slow, both hired to work solo. As so often happens, I came back to find both jobs half or less than half done and the worker gone. I would really like a rating system for workers!
It's not always necessarily the fault of the workers. I have been 'timed out' on a farm before where I have had no choice than to let it drop out. I've even gone back to the market to try to find the farmer to explain what happened, but it was not possible to find her again.

Yep, there are slack workers, but you need to give them the benefit of the doubt.