Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 30 2012, 05:38 PM

Default new 8x8 combine

I invested in the new 8x8 combine, added it to my storage, verified it is in storage, yet, when I am hired to H&P at someone's farm, and select the new combine, it tells me I must buy one and add it to storage, and I can only access the purple one
Old Oct 30 2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina Sage View Post
I invested in the new 8x8 combine, added it to my storage, verified it is in storage, yet, when I am hired to H&P at someone's farm, and select the new combine, it tells me I must buy one and add it to storage, and I can only access the purple one
Take it from storage and put it on your farm. Exit the game entirely and go back to FB. When you come back into the game, put the 8x8 back in storage and you should be able to use it.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Oct 30 2012, 08:20 PM

I am able to upgrade farms 1,2 and 3 to 32x32, but I am not able to upgrade farms 4 and 5 to 32x32.
Link to My Farm:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...38056farm_ix=0
Old Oct 30 2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace1 View Post
I am able to upgrade farms 1,2 and 3 to 32x32, but I am not able to upgrade farms 4 and 5 to 32x32.
Have you rearranged your farms? You can only upgrade your original farms 1-5. On the bright side, you can upgrade those farms no matter where you have moved them to.

Old Oct 30 2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
If you get to a neighbor whose farm is just a green lot then they have not played for a long time and their farm has been archived. If it says Friend then they have left Facebook as well.
The only pop up that they removed is the one you used to get to go to a neighbors farm when you started up Farm Town, not the ones where you actually go to their farms and get the pop up. If you are not getting a pop up for them then either you have already visited them within the last day or it would be one of those who are no longer playing mentioned above.
I have a question about you said that has been archived. Does that mean if they come to start playing again do they get their farm back? if so does it just happen or do they have to request? Just curious.
Old Oct 30 2012, 09:20 PM

If they start playing again their farm will be unarchived just as it was.

Old Oct 30 2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Not sure what the percentage is, or whether it is affected by fertilizer or not... but the increase in inventory was WAY more than the actual number harvested. I have seen others post that they get a lot more "bonus" if they hire a stranger in the market.

The devs did this to encourage more of us to use workers at the market.

That is all fine and good ... IF.... the workers actually work. I used strangers later, on other crops, and some would harvest, then plow (no combine, but this is okay with me)... some would do part of the job and quit (or perhaps were kicked off), some would just grab some crop randomly, and leave.

so... the bonus is nice... but it depends on the worker. So far, some are worthless.

Yeah, I frequently have this problem because I don't have many neighbors that want to work so I am stuck with either doing it myself or hiring out of the market which usually means I end up finishing it myself or making several trips to the market. Sometimes I think it might be easier just to hire one person per field. hmm wonder if that increase the bonuses, hiring many as apposed to one. Not to work on the same field but different fields or would that slow things down to much.
Old Oct 31 2012, 12:32 AM

Ok The dimmer again - using the green hand to move people - it hides things that cant be moved - i.e. the plots of land - so I cant see clearly to put the people down on the fields.
Sorry to moan - I do like it but there is a litle tweaking maybe needed?
To recap
the harvester doesnt hide the trees or flowers, the seeder doesnt hide anything and the hand hides fields. Also where there are multiple layers of trees they obscure things behind them - like flowers planted in between for example
Just in case you think otherwise - I honestly love this tool - just trouble shooting.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****

Last edited by maggiel29; Oct 31 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old Oct 31 2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
The dimmer again - using the green hand to move people - it hides things that cant be moved - i.e. the plots of land - so I cant see clearly to put the people down on the fields.
As has been pointed out, you can turn the dimmer off to do something, and turn it back on afterwards.

Old Oct 31 2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregh View Post
As has been pointed out, you can turn the dimmer off to do something, and turn it back on afterwards.
I know that - but some of the things like when seeding I dont want to turn it off - I need it to work!

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Closed Thread