Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 23 2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mst View Post
How do you sell the items from the faclitites??
Click on the facility.

Click on "Show Facitlity Details"

Click on "What's Cooking"

Hover the mouse pointer over whatever you have that is done and click on "Store". This moves things over to your storage.

Go to the MP and sell just like you would crops or milk, etc.
Old Mar 23 2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb momamia View Post
I have grown wheat and sugar cane...now I click on the factory after I open it and it says... produce and all, but where can I "see" what is actually happening? What do I look for after the required time is up? I guess I just don't understand
Click on "What's Cooking" and all will become clear.
Old Mar 23 2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janisko View Post
I am also a level 80+. I think you're using the batch and unit numbers incorrectly. Each milk harvested will produce one batch of whatever you're producing. So, if you have 4 cows your 4 harvested milks are enough for 4 batches of butter or 2 batches of butter and 2 batches of cheese, etc.

The way I figure it I don't agree.. You can harvest your milk 3 times per day but let's assume for this discussion that you do it just once per day. You would make 35 coins on each goat milk and 30 coins on each cow milk if you sell them with no production.

If you produce butter with the cow milk you can produce 1 batch/20 units per milk harvested and collect $140 in coin for each batch. The dairy facility will allow you to produce the butter every 30 minutes or 48 batches per day. Those 48 batches of butter will pay you $6720. You also receive 1 XP when you start production and another when you move to storage (I believe that's correct). If sold as milk the 48 would pay you only $1440 in coin. You come out $5280 ahead by processing butter. You could do this with only 16 cows if you harvested them three times per day or 24 cows if harvested twice daily. Twelve cows on each of two farms isn't too many.

If you have only one cow and harvest it only once per day you will have enough milk for 1 batch/20 units of butter. That butter will pay you $140 in coins and 2 xp's where the direct sell of the milk is only 30 coins. Where do you say you come out behind?

You can process 8 batches of goat milk per day and 4 batches of cow cheese per day. Butter and goat cheese are the way to go but a little cow cheese is good if you start getting too far behind on production of butter.

The goat milk processed as cheese is an even better deal. With 8 batches processed per day here's how I figure it... 8 batches times $960 per batch nets you $7680 per day in coin. If you sold the milk directly you'd receive only $35 per milk for a total of $280. You come out $7400 ahead per day. It would take only 4 goats, harvested twice daily to have enough milk for maximum production.

My numbers will become invalid and the take will increase when they allow for the faster production soon.

You comments? OR comments from others?
You have it exactly right, as near as I can tell.

The one thing I would add is that while the butter is more profitable it does take quite a few more cows to keep the plant busy for maximum profit. You can keep busy making cheese with just 3 harvested twice a day while you're right you need 24 harvested twice a day to keep butter production constant.

Not sure I want to devote the space needed for 27 cows to keep the cheese and butter production going full time.
Old Mar 23 2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
You have it exactly right, as near as I can tell.

The one thing I would add is that while the butter is more profitable it does take quite a few more cows to keep the plant busy for maximum profit. You can keep busy making cheese with just 3 harvested twice a day while you're right you need 24 harvested twice a day to keep butter production constant.

Not sure I want to devote the space needed for 27 cows to keep the cheese and butter production going full time.
What the heck... hide them under your trees or buildings. LOL!

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1
Old Mar 23 2010, 05:12 PM

Thumbs up Coins dispute

OK...maybe I am missing something here, but in the dairy facility, it says butter sells for 140 coins, goat cheese 960, and cow cheese is 600 coins. Ive made all 3 of these products but, in my stored harvests, it says the butter sells for 7 coins, goat cheese sells for 120 coins, & cow cheese is 100 coins.

The flour is supposed to be 3000 coins, but my storage also only says 600 coins. And for sugar, my storage says 200 coins, but the facility says 2000.

I went to the marketplace and clicked to sell them, but the prices didnt change so until Im sure of what is going on, Ill hold onto the products I have for the moment.

Outside of this issue, I think the new capabilities on the farms are awesome. This is a great upgrade.
Old Mar 23 2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyFlip View Post
I will sell my facility. Not worth the worry trying to find out how to use it and when I ask some seem very upset with me. Oh well, I don't need the headache along with everything else.
No one got pissy at you. If you want to sell it, fine, that's your prerogative, but you don't need to create drama here when multiple people tried to help you. If you actually click on the things you see, or mouse over them, you'll figure it out.
Old Mar 23 2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fftaz71 View Post
OK...maybe I am missing something here, but in the dairy facility, it says butter sells for 140 coins, goat cheese 960, and cow cheese is 600 coins. Ive made all 3 of these products but, in my stored harvests, it says the butter sells for 7 coins, goat cheese sells for 120 coins, & cow cheese is 100 coins.

The flour is supposed to be 3000 coins, but my storage also only says 600 coins. And for sugar, my storage says 200 coins, but the facility says 2000.

I went to the marketplace and clicked to sell them, but the prices didnt change so until Im sure of what is going on, Ill hold onto the products I have for the moment.

Outside of this issue, I think the new capabilities on the farms are awesome. This is a great upgrade.
It does get confusing. The prices you quoted first are correct. The lower numbers are the unit prices. For butter there are 20 units per batch. At 7 coins per unit you will get the 140 for the entire batch. It's the same with all the others. Multiply the unit price times the number of items in a batch and it will equal the higher number.

Waterfall Orchard

Retirement Dream
Old Mar 23 2010, 06:14 PM

The changes are just awesome! So...I haven't played in a while and I'm wondering..where do you get the hens and cows and llamas, etc to put inside these facilities?
Old Mar 23 2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz-Meow View Post
The changes are just awesome! So...I haven't played in a while and I'm wondering..where do you get the hens and cows and llamas, etc to put inside these facilities?
Hi Ms Meow, most of the animals have to be gifted to you from neighbours. The animals do not go in the facility. As a simple guide - you need the dairy shed + cows and/or goats to get the milk to use in the dairy refinery. You need harvested wheat in storage to use in the stone mill to make flour and you need harvested sugarcane in storage to use in the sugar refinery. I hope this helps.
Old Mar 23 2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz-Meow View Post
You don't put the animals INSIDE the buildings. Anywhere on your farm is good.

First, you need a coop in order to harvest hens and geese. You can only acquire hens as gifts from neighbors but you can purchase geese from the store where you purchase seeds. You will need a coop on each farm if you have these animals in both places.

You need a wool shed to harvest wool from sheep and llamas. The sheep are sent as gifts but you can purchase llamas from the store where you purchase seeds. Click on the animal tab. You will need one shed on each farm if you have sheep and llamas on each farm.

For cows it's a little more complicated. You need to have a dairy shed in order to harvest the milk. If you have cows and or goat on both farms you do need one shed for each farm. Then to make milk or cheese you need a dairy processing facility, which will produce the cheese and butter.

If you have two farms you need only one dairy processing facility. Since you move milk from storage to the facility it will handle all of the cows and goats from both farms. You do need a dairy shed on each farm.

For the sugar refinery and windmill, you only need one to service both farms because you take crops from storage to get them into production.

For each facility you CAN have more than one but only one per farm will harvest or produce.

Hope that helps.

Waterfall Orchard

Retirement Dream
Closed Thread

Tags
facilities