Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jul 24 2011, 03:42 PM

Yes, it's annoying to get to a farm, having been hired to harvest and plow and whatnot, and find that there's only fishing. I guess, with the ability to hire people for multiple farms, it does allow that sort of abuse. Trouble is, it'd take forever to hire someone if you had to specify upfront, harvesting and plowing on farms 3 and 4, fishing on farm 5, chopping on farm 6, and flowers on farm 7.

I'm finding it makes it harder to hire people for multiple farms, with the option to hire for several farms at once. I hired two people by mistake - the first didn't respond to the hire for a while so I hired someone else - then when the first person did show up, she didn't do any harvesting, just waited for the other person to harvest and followed her around plowing, which upset the other person quite a lot.

I know the option to have a "fire your worker" feature has been discussed for years and rejected, but there are times I'd really like it.

One thing I would like, now we have this option for multihire on different farms, is the ability to cancel a hire request if someone doesn't respond for a while, so you can go and hire someone else and know you won't have two or more people falling over each other on your various farms.
Old Jul 24 2011, 03:43 PM

Sometimes the opposite happens. I'll hire to harvest, plow, and fish on multiple farms. Farm 1 is only fishing, later farms are all harvest and plow. I've had quite a few people get huffy and leave without doing anything because they think I tricked them by including the harvest and plow.
Old Jul 24 2011, 07:41 PM

Smile

Thanks for the responses... I am glad that i have been responding to employers "thanks but i didnt want plowing" .. Seems to be the best thing to do...

Makes me feel guilty still but I dont need xp's, dollars but struggle to keep up with fruit or flowers.

This gives me an incentive to go to the market and look for work and look at other peoples farm rather than just mine... lol......

I Love the hire multiple tasks and farms feature it does make things easier alot of the time. (saves forgetting what farm has a worker on there already and hiring multiple people to do a few tasks.)

Thanks again...
Old Jul 24 2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Thank you for starting this thread I'm and one of the people getting sick of the why wasn't I hired to plow threads popping up every other week.

My opinion on hiring to plow:

No matter what crop you are hired to harvest you are not entitled to the plowing. Just because a farmer hired you to harvest doesn't mean they have to hire you for another job even if you can see a job that needs to be done. It is fine to ask to plow after the harvesting is done. It is even fine to send a note to the farmer if they are not there as they might be on their other farm, just nicely ask and send it after you finish harvesting. If they are on the other farm they will pop over in a minute and hire you to plow if not leave after a minute or so assuming they are not at the computer. Don't leave several messages getting meaner as you go because they have not come back to hire you.

One more thing if you get to a farm that has a ton of trees on the farm if full fruit and you can't harvest the fruit, don't send a message to the farmer asking if they wont their trees done. If they wanted their trees done they would have hired you to do them to start with.
Excellent points all - it does boil down to there is no entitlement to a set of work that includes harvesting and plowing unless you have been multiple hired for both.
Old Jul 25 2011, 02:31 AM

I agree about the plowing; people aren't entitled to plow just because they've harvested, although it doesn't hurt to ask. Then again, it does annoy me a bit if I've been hired to harvest a large field of raspberries and the farmer brings someone else in to plow!

Not sure about the fruit, though. I've sometimes asked, after harvesting and plowing,"do you want me to harvest your fruit? (or flowers, or chop)" and have been hired to do it; people working on my farm have asked if I want them to fish or harvest flowers even though I didn't hire them to, and I've been happy to rehire them. I tend to just set my hiring parameters for harvesting crops and plowing, just because that's all I need on most of my farms, but it doesn't mean I'm going to be offended if someone offers to harvest flowers on the couple of farms that have them.
Old Jul 25 2011, 02:50 AM

I'd love to see that feature where you can check what tools people have. A lot of times I'm happy to hire people without tools (remembering how grateful I was for work as a lower-level player before I got my 4x4s), but sometimes if I have a lot of farms and want to replant before having to go out or go to bed or something, I'm looking for people with tools to get the work done quickly.
Old Jul 25 2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyoxo View Post
Why can't we go back to the old system were you earned a $ everytime you signed in the first time each day????
When did that happen? I don't remember ever getting farmcash for just signing in each day.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=552364674

Playing since 26th March 2009
Old Jul 25 2011, 04:16 AM

they never did that for signing in but we did get 5 fc when they decided to give new player 5 when they firs started playing
Old Jul 25 2011, 04:36 AM

I don't use the market place very often - I have tools and if I'm in a hurry, it's quicker to do it myself. If I do fancy working on other people's farms I try to get a balance. If I'm hired for a farm with someone who has no tools I'll stick to doing half (and say so), it just seems the fairest way to deal with the issue. If I hire, I'll choose people with no tools for one farm but multi hire them if they say they'd be interested in doing more. If someone says they're looking to, for example, fish - I hire them - tools or not.
Old Jul 25 2011, 06:40 AM

the option tohire someone to do everything on all farms is awesome!!! but, is there a reason to have 'crops and trees", crops and flowers"
why not just "crops" "trees" "flowers".
if you want someone to do only flowers there is no way to hire them for just that.