anyway, lets get back to the question of the thread

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 23 2011, 02:16 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

now on occasion i do decide to hire a team of 1x1 farmers but even then i see greed in the majority. they all want solo work even with no tools. one will get mad they cant have it all to themselves and leave. another will see someone else pop in and start working and he will leave. personally if i didnt have tools i wouldnt even want to think about working on a farm without help.

Old Jul 23 2011, 02:40 AM

you are right both people with or with out just want everything to them self i rarley hire anyone anymore because of it. when i do go to the market looking for a job and i am hired with someone that does not have the tools i want use mine. i just want to be fair to everyone. it is weird how when we first started with out the tools we all did but now it is hard to go back to doing one by one. even on our own farms it is so much faster and we can fix up our farms the way we like. i could not ever walk away from it to much fun and money it to it
Old Jul 23 2011, 08:22 AM

I would like to see something indicating what tools a person has as well... I like to go and hire from the market. I have met some really nice people and they are now FT friends and we chat and get to know one another a little over time. Sometimes it is just I have things to do in real life and my farm has work that needs doing and none of my friends/buddies/neighbors are available.

Going and hiring from marketplace and not knowing what tools they have and multi-farm hiring is a huge risk. If they only have one tool they aren't likely going to do the other work and I freely admit my trees are set up that some you really can't harvest without a tool. If I see someone without a tool I can hire them for ONE FARM and look for another person or persons for the other farms. Let's face it, if someone has a boat they will likely fish my Big Seas while they are on the farm harvesting coconuts and bananas if they only have the fishing pole odds are against that.

Just a thought.
Old Jul 23 2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosechristine View Post
I would like to see something indicating what tools a person has as well... I like to go and hire from the market. I have met some really nice people and they are now FT friends and we chat and get to know one another a little over time. Sometimes it is just I have things to do in real life and my farm has work that needs doing and none of my friends/buddies/neighbors are available.

Going and hiring from marketplace and not knowing what tools they have and multi-farm hiring is a huge risk. If they only have one tool they aren't likely going to do the other work and I freely admit my trees are set up that some you really can't harvest without a tool. If I see someone without a tool I can hire them for ONE FARM and look for another person or persons for the other farms. Let's face it, if someone has a boat they will likely fish my Big Seas while they are on the farm harvesting coconuts and bananas if they only have the fishing pole odds are against that.

Just a thought.
your right about the fishing i hated it before i got my boats
Old Jul 23 2011, 11:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to kathyoxo

Oh dear some right drama queens you lot are, I am one of the lesser ppl who doesn't have the big 4 x 4 or 5 x 5 machines becos I can only come on for an hour a day after work so it takes me forever to go up the levels which I am happy with as it is a game I enjoy!! And why does everything you would love to have cost soooooooooo much everything is $40 or more!!!!

Why can't we go back to the old system were you earned a $ everytime you signed in the first time each day????

I was on a big farm this morning and the kind lady with her 5 x 5 left a WHOLE 10 fields for me to harvest an plow so yes we the lesser ppl get fed up!!!!!

Oh and beg in the market NO WAY I just stand there lookin gawjus and wait to get hired!!!

So you lot with yeh big machines gerra grip an gerra a life xx
Old Jul 23 2011, 12:06 PM

Level:
XP:

you lost me at gawjus (and gerra). the fields being left is a glitch. you can refresh or simply do them. theyll be added to your storage.

Why do I only hire machine owners: Why should I hire people slower than myself? If you cant be as fast or faster than myself then I'll just go ahead and do my own work.

Old Jul 24 2011, 11:32 AM

Default Multi hire and etiquette

If someone hires you to do multi tasks on multi farms and you have specifically asked for "flowers" (in my case) which i accepted the job (and would have done all tasks hired for if my main request was available as well) you get to the farm/s and the employer tells you there is only plowing (I prefer not to do at all) are you supposed to plow or apologise and leave.

I dont want to be rude but not sure what the correct thing to do now with all the multi tasks available...
Old Jul 24 2011, 02:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylap View Post
If someone hires you to do multi tasks on multi farms and you have specifically asked for "flowers" (in my case) which i accepted the job (and would have done all tasks hired for if my main request was available as well) you get to the farm/s and the employer tells you there is only plowing (I prefer not to do at all) are you supposed to plow or apologise and leave.

I dont want to be rude but not sure what the correct thing to do now with all the multi tasks available...
Since you specifically asked for flowers I'd say 'sorry but I asked for flowers not a plowing job' then leave. Not sure why this person would even ask for multitask if they only had plowing.
Old Jul 24 2011, 02:57 PM

Level:
XP:

a lot of people think the multiple hire option was to just check every box then send out job offers. Kind of a "lazy man's" way of hiring. You never have to check to see what all is done when you can just hire for everything at once. Thing is, it really ticks those on the receiving off once they get to the farm and see all those jobs arent really available.