Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Apr 12 2014, 12:11 AM

I think some do it just to be annoying. I had one guy try to hire me to fish
I turned it down and said no fishing requests please. After 4 times of him repeatedly trying to hire me for fishing and turning him down and saying no fishing requests please I blocked him.

Last edited by ccheney; Apr 12 2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old Apr 12 2014, 01:10 AM

Now that we can borrow tools you can get an idea what jobs people will do by the tools they have, or more specifically, don't have. I've worked many farms where people have all the combines and tree chopping and tree harvesting tools but no fishing and flower harvesting tools yet their farms are loaded with water features and flowers.That suggests to me they want others to do those jobs for them but won't do them for other farmers.
Old Apr 13 2014, 01:33 PM

I have a lot of water features and no big boat, but that's just because it takes a long time to acquire 110 FC (the total amount needed for the turbo boat.)
I wish people would pay closer attention to the banner under the avatar too, because I put SOLO in all caps and am constantly hired to work a farm already full of workers, or a new one will drop in while I'm working. When that happens, I leave. Sometimes I leave a sizable bonus behind. I'm not greedy. Really. This game is my 'zen garden'. I do this to relax. Competing with others for limited crops, etc. is not relaxing to me. People with bigger tools run right over the top of me. In the case of the 10x10 combine, why in the world would you hire more than one person? Just to watch them scramble? No thanks.

Farming since May 19, 2009
Old Apr 13 2014, 11:50 PM

I agree there is no need to hire 4-5 people for one farm especially with the larger tools. I have 6x6 harvester and plow and can do one large layered farm in roughly 5 minutes.It might take a few minutes longer if it is heavily layered. With 4-5 people everyone is just falling over each other to get at crops and no one gets a fair share. Why do some people needed everything harvested and plowed in a flash anyway? You waited several days for those crops to grow certainly you can wait a five minutes or so for someone to harvest them.

On the other side of the coin I have been hired to harvest one tree. I'm not worried about coins I have millions but that is a waste of time especially for someone who is at a lower level and needs the coins.
Old Apr 14 2014, 09:22 AM

I have a question that I'm not sure has an answer. I have all green tools or larger. I hire people and give them access to my fuel and tools. But I still come back to someone occasionally who is harvesting 1x1. Is it that difficult to see the tools when you have been hired?
Old Apr 14 2014, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Catalina View Post
I have a question that I'm not sure has an answer. I have all green tools or larger. I hire people and give them access to my fuel and tools. But I still come back to someone occasionally who is harvesting 1x1. Is it that difficult to see the tools when you have been hired?
They may not know that they can use your tools. Many players are not members of the forums and do not know that this is available. The only thing you can do is try to let them know that the tools are available for them to use.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 14 2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anstar View Post
I have a lot of water features and no big boat, but that's just because it takes a long time to acquire 110 FC (the total amount needed for the turbo boat.)
I wish people would pay closer attention to the banner under the avatar too, because I put SOLO in all caps and am constantly hired to work a farm already full of workers, or a new one will drop in while I'm working. When that happens, I leave. Sometimes I leave a sizable bonus behind. I'm not greedy. Really. This game is my 'zen garden'. I do this to relax. Competing with others for limited crops, etc. is not relaxing to me. People with bigger tools run right over the top of me. In the case of the 10x10 combine, why in the world would you hire more than one person? Just to watch them scramble? No thanks.
But..sometimes you send a hire request, wait a couple minutes, and don't get a response. So...you send someone else a hire request and then the first person you offered accepts. I won't hire more than one person intentionally, but sometimes it happens.
Old Apr 14 2014, 05:23 PM

You usually are automatically given the largest tool available when you start the job. You generally don't have to choose your tool until you move on to another job on that farm ie: go from plowing to harvesting trees.
Old Apr 14 2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaparagod View Post
But..sometimes you send a hire request, wait a couple minutes, and don't get a response. So...you send someone else a hire request and then the first person you offered accepts. I won't hire more than one person intentionally, but sometimes it happens.

This is why the job offer need to expire after a minute or so without a response..
Old Apr 14 2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This is why the job offer need to expire after a minute or so without a response..
I agree. That is frustrating. If I return to my screen after stepping away for a bit to see a hire request, I just close it because I have no way of knowing how old it is.

Farming since May 19, 2009