Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Apr 24 2019, 09:40 PM

I had a very disturbing "conversation" this morning with a relatively new farmer. She was very insulting - didn't like the way I did my farms, didn't like the way I listed my facilities to be worked, etc.

I've always tried to be helpful, especially to new farmers, but this disintegrated into her calling me unkind names and generally being rude. I have unfriended her.

Please remember that you never know what someone else is going through in their lives before you think to go off on them. This is a social game. I've played this game from the beginning and all I want is to have a good experience.

I'll not put her name here, but if anyone wants to know more, please contact me privately.
Old Apr 24 2019, 09:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
I had a very disturbing "conversation" this morning with a relatively new farmer. She was very insulting - didn't like the way I did my farms, didn't like the way I listed my facilities to be worked, etc.

I've always tried to be helpful, especially to new farmers, but this disintegrated into her calling me unkind names and generally being rude. I have unfriended her.

Please remember that you never know what someone else is going through in their lives before you think to go off on them. This is a social game. I've played this game from the beginning and all I want is to have a good experience.

I'll not put her name here, but if anyone wants to know more, please contact me privately.
Hi NJones,
As this is not a suggestions I have moved this post to the General Feedback section thread about hiring as that is basically what you are talking about.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 24 2019, 10:08 PM

Default Moved Post

Taz,
This was not a hiring situation. She was working my facilities and clients.
Old Apr 24 2019, 10:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Taz,
This was not a hiring situation. She was working my facilities and clients.
Hi NJones,
Working facilities and clients are hiring. You post a hire request for neighbors and friends to work your facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 24 2019, 11:13 PM

I refuse to hire annoying beggars that take up 30 lines with with hire me pleeeeeeeeeeeze..work pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.etc...drives me crazy..I watch and see who is not begging check their level and try to hire those who need to level up..I am low on fuel now..but I still try to help..If I am looking for a job, I usually sing..or just say I am bored And be silly lol! and always thank the person that hired me. I also had one that begged and begged came to my then cussed me and said some pretty raunchy things...geez, not only did I bounce him but reported him for the disgusting language lol! Play nice folks..On the lighter side i have met many wonderful folks who have become my friends over the years!@
Old Apr 24 2019, 11:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1954 View Post
I refuse to hire annoying beggars that take up 30 lines with with hire me pleeeeeeeeeeeze..work pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.etc...drives me crazy..I watch and see who is not begging check their level and try to hire those who need to level up..I am low on fuel now..but I still try to help..If I am looking for a job, I usually sing..or just say I am bored And be silly lol! and always thank the person that hired me. I also had one that begged and begged came to my then cussed me and said some pretty raunchy things...geez, not only did I bounce him but reported him for the disgusting language lol! Play nice folks..On the lighter side i have met many wonderful folks who have become my friends over the years!@
Hi Tink,
I agree with you. I do not hire those who beg over and over. I do have plenty of fuel and I set mine to use my fuel first and my tools.
Old Apr 25 2019, 08:39 AM

Not making excuses for rudeness but it amazes me how many people "design" their farms so utterly haphazardly random and hire people to harvest trees, flowers, fishing, crops that it takes many multiple times the number of clicks as it should with a little better placement.

I have been to farms with 15 trees that took 15 clicks with an extended tool to harvest because they were all spread out. Different waters placed over each other in differing orientations that it takes five clicks in virtually the same spot to fish them all.

If you are asking for someone to use their time, energy, fuel, to work for you I would think it is only considerate to put SOME time into more efficient design. Not saying they need to be super efficient but some organization can make doing the work many times easier.

Quote:

Last edited by JohnAlbertini; Apr 25 2019 at 08:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old Apr 25 2019, 02:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Not making excuses for rudeness but it amazes me how many people "design" their farms so utterly haphazardly random and hire people to harvest trees, flowers, fishing, crops that it takes many multiple times the number of clicks as it should with a little better placement.

I have been to farms with 15 trees that took 15 clicks with an extended tool to harvest because they were all spread out. Different waters placed over each other in differing orientations that it takes five clicks in virtually the same spot to fish them all.

If you are asking for someone to use their time, energy, fuel, to work for you I would think it is only considerate to put SOME time into more efficient design. Not saying they need to be super efficient but some organization can make doing the work many times easier.
This is why when I redesign my farms I always work the farm myself the first time (or 2) to make sure I didn't accidentally stack something and that everything works efficiently. My farms are pretty full but everyone who works them comments about how easy they are to work on.
Old Apr 25 2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post

I don't usually hire people to work my farms. They are designed to my specs and I don't expect anyone to even want to work them. This all had to do with working facilities and clients - nothing to do with the farm, although she did point out that she didn't like the way my farms were laid our.
Old Apr 27 2019, 03:57 PM

Smile good grief

so really she had nothing to complain about? She was just doing factories? lol! I love doing folks farms and am always amazed at the creativity! You r welcome to come visit me and see how mine are! lol! Queen Tinkerbelle