Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 27 2023, 10:08 AM

Oh sorry. Ok, thanks Taz. I forgot that step.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 27 2023, 10:10 AM

Rats. She got the Gift lifeline. How do I get those ingredients with that?

And why wasn't she able to get the Yellowtail from fishing her own new big seacoast?

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 27 2023, 10:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Rats. She got the Gift lifeline. How do I get those ingredients with that?

And why wasn't she able to get the Yellowtail from fishing her own new big seacoast?
Hi Susan,
You can find out what you can do with each lifeline in the first post of this thread.

If it is a new seacoast it won't be ready for 8 hours. Depending on what boat she has it may take a while to fish and get what she needs from it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 27 2023, 11:48 AM

That worked. But I'm confused. The quest was for Yellowtail Sushi. I asked for ingredients to Yellowtail Sushi and one person sent them and Squeak was good to go. Very easy. But I thought I remembered in the past something about where you can't ask for the quest product itself - so I was anticipating having to find something that used cucumbers, something else that needed ginger, etc. What am I mixing up here?

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 27 2023, 01:13 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
That worked. But I'm confused. The quest was for Yellowtail Sushi. I asked for ingredients to Yellowtail Sushi and one person sent them and Squeak was good to go. Very easy. But I thought I remembered in the past something about where you can't ask for the quest product itself - so I was anticipating having to find something that used cucumbers, something else that needed ginger, etc. What am I mixing up here?
Hi Farmer_Susan,

Her quest is to Make the Yellowtail Sushi. You asked for ingredients to make the yellowtail sushi, so you get yellowtail, cucumber, ginger wasabi. You are not getting the finished product, the yellowtail sushi itself.

If the quest was to Load Yellowtail Sushi, you wouldn't be able to request ingredients that would get you the finished product Yellowtail Sushi as it's not ALSO used to make something else.

It's possible to request ingredients that get you a product that IS used to make something else like Peanut Butter as Peanut Butter is used to make Peanut Butter and J Sandwich.
In this case, if you requested ingredients to make Peanut Butter and J Sandwich you would get peanut butter, bread and strawberry jam BUT you would NOT get the previous ingredients needed to make those finished products like the wheat sugarcane and strawberries.

If the Quest also needed check marks on sugarcane, strawberries, peanuts and wheat you would need check marks on those first, before you could store the ingredients for the Peanut Butter and J Sandwich.

If you open the facility that makes a product click on the question mark and that shows you exactly what you will get when the ingredients are requested.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 27 2023, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Farmer_Susan,

Her quest is to Make the Yellowtail Sushi. You asked for ingredients to make the yellowtail sushi, so you get yellowtail, cucumber, ginger wasabi. You are not getting the finished product, the yellowtail sushi itself.

If the quest was to Load Yellowtail Sushi, you wouldn't be able to request ingredients that would get you the finished product Yellowtail Sushi as it's not ALSO used to make something else.

It's possible to request ingredients that get you a product that IS used to make something else like Peanut Butter as Peanut Butter is used to make Peanut Butter and J Sandwich.
In this case, if you requested ingredients to make Peanut Butter and J Sandwich you would get peanut butter, bread and strawberry jam BUT you would NOT get the previous ingredients needed to make those finished products like the wheat sugarcane and strawberries.

If the Quest also needed check marks on sugarcane, strawberries, peanuts and wheat you would need check marks on those first, before you could store the ingredients for the Peanut Butter and J Sandwich.

If you open the facility that makes a product click on the question mark and that shows you exactly what you will get when the ingredients are requested.
SO helpful! Make vs. Load - I had no clue. I still get confused about the products used to make something else. But baby steps. At least I know now to watch for Make vs Load.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 28 2023, 06:33 AM

Quote:
SO helpful! Make vs. Load - I had no clue. I still get confused about the products used to make something else. But baby steps. At least I know now to watch for Make vs Load.
Hi Farmer_Susan,

Look at it like looking at a recipe in real life. Take something simple like a cheese and ham sandwich. The chances are that you are not going to be making the bread or cheese or ham for it, so you would likely be told the basics you need are bread, cheese, ham.

Here's an example of how the (yellow coloured) Cheese that you can make in the dairy processing can be used to make other meals in FT facilities:

Cheese isn't something you just make and that's all you can do with it. Cheese can then also be used to make a considerable amount of other meals like some pizzas, some sandwiches, Caesar Chicken Salad, Tiramisu and so on.

If you were to request ingredients to make Cheese you only get cow milk as that's the only ingredient needed to make the cheese.

If you were to request ingredients to make Sandwich with Veggies, or Cheese Pizza, as part of the ingredients you get, it would give you cheese as cheese is one of the ingredients in the recipe to make those.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 11 2023, 10:46 AM

I attempted to collect my 2 Farm Cash Rewards yesterday for the 8 quests that I completed, but it said that the seven days was not completed yet, come back later. I had less than six hours to complete the seven days. I had to go to work. Of course, when I came back on today, the two quests had dropped off because they were now over the seven days time limit. So, now I am back down to Six quests. This is not right. I don't understand why I could not get the 2 Farm cash when I attempted to. Now they are lost. Is there anything I can do to collect the missing quests Farm cash?
Old Oct 11 2023, 10:48 AM

Now, it automatically gave me one Farm Cash and deleted the other six that I had before I could get an answer from you. So, I lost one Farm Cash that I should have received yesterday for completing 8 quests in less than seven complete days.
Old Oct 11 2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamme View Post
I attempted to collect my 2 Farm Cash Rewards yesterday for the 8 quests that I completed, but it said that the seven days was not completed yet, come back later. I had less than six hours to complete the seven days. I had to go to work. Of course, when I came back on today, the two quests had dropped off because they were now over the seven days time limit. So, now I am back down to Six quests. This is not right. I don't understand why I could not get the 2 Farm cash when I attempted to. Now they are lost. Is there anything I can do to collect the missing quests Farm cash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamme View Post
Now, it automatically gave me one Farm Cash and deleted the other six that I had before I could get an answer from you. So, I lost one Farm Cash that I should have received yesterday for completing 8 quests in less than seven complete days.

Hi pamme,

I am sorry no-one was available to answer you sooner. However it wouldn't have made any difference to the 2 Quests that had already dropped by the time you posted on the forum. You had already lost out on earning 2 FC because of being late to claim this week.

Your previous claim for FC was on 2023-10-03 at exactly 15:27:34 EST.
You completed your first Quest for the week that same day at 19:14:55 which means that in order for that first quest not to drop this week, you had to get 8 completed and claim yesterday before that one was 7 days old.

The 2nd one that dropped was already 7 days old today at 11:09:02 EST, so that one had also already dropped before you posted.

To try to help you understand the 7 day timings:
When you have enough quests completed to make a claim of 1 or 2 FC and you click on the Claim FarmCash button, the time counts back exactly 7 days from that second to see what you completed within those 7 days. When any quest is 7 days old down to the second that it was completed it no longer counts.

As it can be difficult to open and complete 8 quests within a 7 day time frame we recommend that you do NOT complete the last step of any Quest for at least one or two days after you claim Farm Cash for Quests. This then gives you more time to get all 8 done and claim before the first quest you completed since you claimed will drop when it's 7 days old. By doing that it can be possible to collect 2 FC regularly assuming that you can get them all done in time.
The exception to that recommendation would be IF you had any Quests to complete that take a long time to complete, like the Aged Wine and Champagne which can take days to complete. You would also need to consider the timings on any quests that have previous steps that may take a long time to complete and make sure that you could get those done before the first one you complete for the week is too old or the time expires to complete a specific Quest.

The Show Quests button is what helps you know how long ago a Quest was completed. When the time on any Quest you have completed reaches 7 days it will no longer count.

Always remember to collect your coins on any Quest you complete so that you can see that time or you will not be able to see it. Not collecting the coins does not stop the 7 day timer on any Quest. The timer on each quest starts the second the last step is completed.

Clickable Help Links:

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline