Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 22 2022, 12:39 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Not sure if this is part of the train problem as when I click the link for the thread, it comes up with a Slashkey notice that it is an invalid link. At any rate I used the train manager this morning to unload and dispatch my trains but when I got to the single train on Farm 22 (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...605&farm_ix=21), it came up with "Error: This train cannot be dispatched because it contains a Long Flowers Car that is already dispatched as part of another train in this farm." Since I only have 1 train on Farm 22, I thought maybe I messed up when I dispatched the 2 trains on Farm 14 but they appear to have unloaded and been dispatched fine (there is 1 Long Flowers Car on each of those trains). I was able to unload the train on 22 but not dispatch it. Is there a way that I can dispatch and boost it? Thank you.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 22 2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
Not sure if this is part of the train problem as when I click the link for the thread, it comes up with a Slashkey notice that it is an invalid link. At any rate I used the train manager this morning to unload and dispatch my trains but when I got to the single train on Farm 22 (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...605&farm_ix=21), it came up with "Error: This train cannot be dispatched because it contains a Long Flowers Car that is already dispatched as part of another train in this farm." Since I only have 1 train on Farm 22, I thought maybe I messed up when I dispatched the 2 trains on Farm 14 but they appear to have unloaded and been dispatched fine (there is 1 Long Flowers Car on each of those trains). I was able to unload the train on 22 but not dispatch it. Is there a way that I can dispatch and boost it? Thank you.
Hi lynnetimpeiro

I just cleared your train data.

Please close your farms in all tabs you have it open. Then wait for a few minutes and reopen the game and see if you can dispatch your train on farm 22.
Old Aug 22 2022, 02:18 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thank you Mary -- I had to leave for a bit and closed everything down. Just came back and was able to dispatch and boost!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 22 2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
Thank you Mary -- I had to leave for a bit and closed everything down. Just came back and was able to dispatch and boost!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Great! and thanks for coming back to let us know Lynn
Old Aug 23 2022, 06:32 AM

I have three trains out that each have ten long cars....Farm 12, FArm 19 and Farm 29. I cannot get the mayor to work all my farms. what can be done to correct this problem. Your Facebook USER ID number is: 605472072
Old Aug 23 2022, 08:03 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaMHS70 View Post
I have three trains out that each have ten long cars....Farm 12, FArm 19 and Farm 29. I cannot get the mayor to work all my farms. what can be done to correct this problem. Your Facebook USER ID number is: 605472072
Hi LindaMHS70,

I've had a look at your trains and there are problems with two of your dispatched trains.

The train on Farm 19 doesn't have the long animal car correctly connected.
The train on your Farm 29 doesn't have the long tank car and the long refrigerated car correctly connected.
This is why the mayor is not doing the full amount of facility work for you when you work friends facilities.

Although the train highlight looks ok on them, that's not the best way to ensure the locomotive and long cars are correctly connected before you dispatch them, especially if you were to move them or add more to them over time.

What you will need to do is wait for each of those trains to return home, unload it, then try reconnecting the long cars again but ONLY use the Yellow Hand in the tool box to reconnect them. Do not use the Freestyle Farm Designer hands as those can cause problems with connecting the locomotive and long cars correctly as they can allow overlapping.

Where you have a lot of items very close to the train and in one case underneath the train you may need to move or remove some so that you have enough space to be able to do it.
Please remember that if you need to move or store any facilities that you do NOT store any facilities that are part of this weeks NCC contest or that will cause you to abandon the contest and there is no way to get you back into it.

Once you have reconnected the locomotive and long cars and BEFORE you dispatch it you need to open each train (either from the train itself or via the train manager) and check the Freight Cars Section of that train and see if all of the long cars you attached to the locomotive are all showing up with a white background and not dimmed out.

Only the long cars that are correctly connected will not be dimmed out.
Any that are, are either not on that train or are not correctly connected.

Once you are sure you have all the long cars showing up in the Freight cars section of that train, then you can dispatch it again.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 27 2022, 02:09 PM

Default Can't select all Train Cars

Hello,
not used to this site so i hope i'm posting in the correct place.

question ...

when dispatching my trains i don't get the option to select all cars.
one train automatically selects one car (which is highlighted) and the
other train automatically selects two cars.

when i hover over the engines, all 10 cars are highlighted with the engine when on the farm.

how do i dispatch all cars?
Old Aug 27 2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie256 View Post
Hello,
not used to this site so i hope i'm posting in the correct place.

question ...

when dispatching my trains i don't get the option to select all cars.
one train automatically selects one car (which is highlighted) and the
other train automatically selects two cars.

when i hover over the engines, all 10 cars are highlighted with the engine when on the farm.

how do i dispatch all cars?
Hi Carrie

I moved your post from Suggestions to Help & Support for Trains as we cant answer you in Suggestions.

Suggestions section is only to post ideas for the game, when you have a problem or a question, please post it in Help & Support where we have official threads for all game functions.

No matter the train is hightling all 10 cars when you hover your mouse on the locomotive, there is something better you can do to be sure they are all correctly attached.

BEFORE you dispatch the train you need to open it (you can do this from the train itself or via the Train Manager) and check the Freight Cars Section of that train and see if all of the long cars you attached to the locomotive are all showing up with a white background and not dimmed out.

Only the long cars that are correctly connected will not be dimmed out.
Any that are, are either not on that train or are not correctly connected.

Please remember that only the Long cars (the ones which cost farm cash) counts for the train. The other cars are only decoration.
To attach the long cars to the locomotive, please use the Yellown hand in your yellow tool box. If you use the green hand or the purple hand then long cars could be overlapped and not correctly attached.
Old Aug 27 2022, 02:25 PM

thank you so much! i will try that!
Old Aug 27 2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie256 View Post
thank you so much! i will try that!
You are welcome Carrie

Tags
train not dispatched, trains not working