Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 27 2021, 05:54 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
if "layering can cause problems and those problems don't always show up immediately.", can anyone define or describe what the problems could be, what to look for, what to expect?

i have a couple of 3-layer farms, just for crops - no trees, decorative stuff, flowers, NOTHING else. should i remove 2 layers from each farm, as a preventive measure against something that MIGHT happen at some unpredictable point in the future?
Hi supertrucker,

The problems can vary as to if or when you might see them so I'm just going to give you an idea of what can happen.

Most of the issues where data has been truncated can't be visibly seen by just looking at what is on the farm or by working what's on the farm which is why people have been doing this for years and may have never seen any problems with them.

Problems sometimes can only be seen when either one more items are added to the farm and things go missing or plots won't stay plowed, or when remodeling the farm they can show up when you find something is stuck and can't be moved/stored/deleted. What ends up corrupted or goes missing can range from a small amount to large amounts going missing or small or large areas of the farm being corrupted. There have also been occasions where there has been more than one person working a farm that is layered at the same time as someone else, that can then show up some of the problems.

The more that is layered the higher the risk and the more difficult it can be to try and correct it..... if it's possible to correct. We have had cases where there has been so much layering on the farm that the farm has become permanently corrupted no matter what has been tried to fix it.

Putting something in the exact same spot as another whether by mistake or by intention, is a bigger risk than overlapping something to get it closer to another. For example if you overlapped just waters, which is allowed, those shouldn't have any problems unless one has ended up in the exact same spot as another, BUT if you were to get something else in the same spot as those like overlapped crops or trees/flowers or even facilites/decor then the risk is much higher.

If your 3x crops don't have anything else on top of them then you're less likely to run into an issue but that doesn't mean that it will never happen.

In a nutshell there are no guarantees that any form of layering will never get any problems.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 27 2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi supertrucker,

The problems can vary as to if or when you might see them so I'm just going to give you an idea of what can happen.

Most of the issues where data has been truncated can't be visibly seen by just looking at what is on the farm or by working what's on the farm which is why people have been doing this for years and may have never seen any problems with them.

Problems sometimes can only be seen when either one more items are added to the farm and things go missing or plots won't stay plowed, or when remodeling the farm they can show up when you find something is stuck and can't be moved/stored/deleted. What ends up corrupted or goes missing can range from a small amount to large amounts going missing or small or large areas of the farm being corrupted. There have also been occasions where there has been more than one person working a farm that is layered at the same time as someone else, that can then show up some of the problems.

The more that is layered the higher the risk and the more difficult it can be to try and correct it..... if it's possible to correct. We have had cases where there has been so much layering on the farm that the farm has become permanently corrupted no matter what has been tried to fix it.

Putting something in the exact same spot as another whether by mistake or by intention, is a bigger risk than overlapping something to get it closer to another. For example if you overlapped just waters, which is allowed, those shouldn't have any problems unless one has ended up in the exact same spot as another, BUT if you were to get something else in the same spot as those like overlapped crops or trees/flowers or even facilites/decor then the risk is much higher.

If your 3x crops don't have anything else on top of them then you're less likely to run into an issue but that doesn't mean that it will never happen.

In a nutshell there are no guarantees that any form of layering will never get any problems.
hi tiger, thanks for the reply... as i said, the only thing on those 'layered' farms is crops - and the fields aren't completely on top of each other, they're offset a bit... i have noticed that sometimes the graphics get a bit slow, clearing my caches seems to fix that easy enough. realistically, as long as i'm not trying to harvest all 3 at the same time, it's not much slower than with a single layer.

for now, they're staying, more farms cost too much...

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Aug 27 2021, 12:34 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
hi tiger, thanks for the reply... as i said, the only thing on those 'layered' farms is crops - and the fields aren't completely on top of each other, they're offset a bit... i have noticed that sometimes the graphics get a bit slow, clearing my caches seems to fix that easy enough. realistically, as long as i'm not trying to harvest all 3 at the same time, it's not much slower than with a single layer.

for now, they're staying, more farms cost too much...
Hi supertrucker,

If you're already slowing down with 3x crops on only 3 farms, then it sounds like the very heavy layered farms could cause you more of a problem with slowness or possibly not being able to work that many in one go. That's something you can consider before you decide if you want to do more farms with 3x crops depending on what time you have to spend on the game. It's entirely up to you of course.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 08 2022, 07:22 AM

if they (the developers) were really serious about curbing the practice of layering as much stuff - crops, trees, flowers, factories, decorations, etc - onto farms as possible, they would make expanding and adding farms more affordable... when expansions get into multiple BILLIONS of coins, and additional farms cost multiple BILLIONS of coins, no wonder people are trying to get as much income from existing space as they can... not sure where you (the mods) will put this, i couldn't find a similar thread in either the 'suggestions' or 'feedback' sections...

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Sep 16 2023, 02:38 AM
Account Not Linked

How about you limit the Large farms 40 and above to stop the items and crops that can be layered Have layered crops and items since 2009 no problem till I get the large farms or you need to figure out how to speed it up newbies will not be able to do them anyway and that hurts your bottom line
Old Sep 16 2023, 08:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnews View Post
How about you limit the Large farms 40 and above to stop the items and crops that can be layered Have layered crops and items since 2009 no problem till I get the large farms or you need to figure out how to speed it up newbies will not be able to do them anyway and that hurts your bottom line
Hi lnews,
If you wish to make a suggestion you need to post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 28 2023, 04:51 AM

How many plots of plowed ground are on a single layered 60 x 60 farm?
Old Dec 28 2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky1960 View Post
How many plots of plowed ground are on a single layered 60 x 60 farm?
Hi Ky1960

See if the information given in the following link helps you:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595190
Old Jan 02 2024, 10:27 AM

Thank you very much.
Old Jan 02 2024, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky1960 View Post
Thank you very much.
You are welcome Ky