Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 04 2022, 07:06 AM

Hi. I ran the memcache and cleared out my browsing history. I completely rebooted my laptop (Windows 10) My browser is Microsoft Edge (My husband has no issues using Opera and we use the same laptop with both browers running).
Under My Requests I can see a gift but not the picture of the person who sent it.
Under Show Other Wall Requests I don't see anything
Under Show Facility Wall Requests I see "We could not find a friend asking for help in your News Feed Wall"
When I tried to send gifts it didn't look like it completed the process but it did send as my husband and another friend received.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...6757&farm_ix=0
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by cbl456; Sep 04 2022 at 07:34 AM.
Old Sep 04 2022, 07:52 AM

CHAT SERVER: C20
FARM SERVER: W25

Having trouble sending trains, and gifts. nothing showing up on the: show facility page: keep getting the following error message: We could not find any friend asking for help in your News Feed Wall
Old Sep 04 2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perico429 View Post
CHAT SERVER: C20
FARM SERVER: W25

Having trouble sending trains, and gifts. nothing showing up on the: show facility page: keep getting the following error message: We could not find any friend asking for help in your News Feed Wall
Hi Perico429

It seems to me like a problem transfering data from facebook to the game.

Please be sure your browser is up to date and also try another updated browser to check if you have the same problem.

If it is a facebook problem it could last for a few hours and then all will go back to normal. Let us know how it goes please.

Also if you wish, please contact Support team to let them know. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Last edited by marymarcel; Sep 04 2022 at 09:39 AM.
Old Sep 04 2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl456 View Post
Hi. I ran the memcache and cleared out my browsing history. I completely rebooted my laptop (Windows 10) My browser is Microsoft Edge (My husband has no issues using Opera and we use the same laptop with both browers running).
Under My Requests I can see a gift but not the picture of the person who sent it.
Under Show Other Wall Requests I don't see anything
Under Show Facility Wall Requests I see "We could not find a friend asking for help in your News Feed Wall"
When I tried to send gifts it didn't look like it completed the process but it did send as my husband and another friend received.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...6757&farm_ix=0
Thanks for your help.
Hi cbl

Im sorry nothing has worked for you, it could be that facebook is doing something in the server you are on.

But please just in case, contact Support team to let them know about this problem.
To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Sep 19 2022, 12:13 PM

Default When posting my facilities for my neighbors to work

My specific Friends won't change, I try to move around who gets to work my facilities, but now the window is stuck, I try to change to different neighbors and when I hit the check mark, it reverts back to the way it was, is this a problem for everyone or just me?
Old Sep 19 2022, 12:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnK67 View Post
My specific Friends won't change, I try to move around who gets to work my facilities, but now the window is stuck, I try to change to different neighbors and when I hit the check mark, it reverts back to the way it was, is this a problem for everyone or just me?
Hi BigJohnK,
I moved your post to the thread about posting facilities.
That pop up comes from Facebook and Farm Town has no control over it. The names when you list them also comes from Facebook. Whether they have changed something we are not aware of it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 20 2022, 10:37 AM

Around 7pm last night my links for the game on the Facebook wall stopped working correctly. Requests for help boosting factory production, client referral boost requests, ingredients, and bonuses have all stopped working as items to click and require selecting open in a new tab from a right click menu in order to do anything. The same is also so for the items listed by either link in the My Requests tab. Holding the Control key and clicking the links does nothing and I have to right click those is well. I thought it might be an Edge issue, but now everything has stopped working in Opera and Firefox as well - the latter showing that it is not a Chromium kernel change either.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Sep 20 2022, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Around 7pm last night my links for the game on the Facebook wall stopped working correctly. Requests for help boosting factory production, client referral boost requests, ingredients, and bonuses have all stopped working as items to click and require selecting open in a new tab from a right click menu in order to do anything. The same is also so for the items listed by either link in the My Requests tab. Holding the Control key and clicking the links does nothing and I have to right click those is well. I thought it might be an Edge issue, but now everything has stopped working in Opera and Firefox as well - the latter showing that it is not a Chromium kernel change either.
Hi Qivis,
I have just checked and no problem working anything from the newsfeed or the My Requests. As this is happening to all your browsers, I suspect it is your antivirus program that is blocking them. You may need to add the same sites that are listed in the Allow cookies and Pop ups thread to the Exceptions list for your anti-virus program settings.
Here is a link to that thread for the list:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 20 2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
I have just checked and no problem working anything from the newsfeed or the My Requests. As this is happening to all your browsers, I suspect it is your antivirus program that is blocking them. You may need to add the same sites that are listed in the Allow cookies and Pop ups thread to the Exceptions list for your anti-virus program settings.
Here is a link to that thread for the list:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Hi Taz
I rechecked my Edge settings when I thought it was only Edge that had the problem. I will check to see if there are any recent changes made to Windows Security that may have effected the game for all browsers though. The issue is that left clicking is not working on them whether the pointer changes to a pointing finger or not. Sometimes it is just a matter of clearing the cookies and restarting the computer to fix unexpected problems.

3 Evil Words: System Restore Failed.... restoring from Sunday's backup, but so far there still is no joy in Farm Town! (I would end with another ohmage to Casey at the Bat but we do not say the FT competitor's name.)

More info: I did finally restore the computer to its state as of the latest Sunday evening update of September 18th from a total system image. Since this was a day before the issue began and it is continuing my best assessment is that it has nothing to do with my computer and may be a Facebook server acting weird again.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Sep 20 2022 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Updated information
Old Sep 20 2022, 02:04 PM

I am having the same problem. Can't post requests to wall for help with facilities and do not have the option to accept or exchange gifts - except individually. Have tried on different browsers but no luck and my husband is having the same problems on a completely different computer & account.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests