Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2012, 12:12 AM

Default New Release -- September 1st, 2012

See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Sep 6th, 9:00PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 40 Regular (non Farming) People in the Store (coming on Monday)

2. Faster to work neighbour facilities: If you have a train dispatched, the more diversified your train is (variety of its freight cars) the more the Mayor will help you when working neighbour facilities. The mayor will work 5% more facilities for each different freight car in your train, meaning, if you have at least 10 different freight cars dispatched the Mayor will do all the work for you.

3. Search Bar in the Store: The Store and Realtor windows now have a Search Box in the top right that allows you to quickly type part of the title of an item and it will show you all items from all categories that match that partial word. For example, typing 3 will show you all the 3x3 tools. Typing yellow will show you all items with the word Yellow in the title.

4. New Freight Cars (coming on Monday):

Lumber Car: Brings you Pine Lumber Piles, Oak Lumber Piles, Maple Lumber Piles and Ebony Lumber Piles
Bulkhead Car: Brings you Stainless Steel Sheets, Aluminum Sheets and Copper Sheets
Cattle Car: Brings you Cows, Goats, Hens, Turkeys and Horses (usefull if you don't have enough by getting them as gifts)

5. Toy Trouble Minigame: It's a Toy building minigame. As usual, you have 3 stages and you can go into Practice mode to play each of the stages and improve personal records or you have the option to play multiplayer with all your friends currently in the farm, in this case, the user who finish all the 3 stages first win.

The Goal of this minigame is to combine all same toy parts matching a particular color to build a complete toy and meet the Store demands.

6. Dispatching Trains with any Shape: You can now build trains in all shape and forms with different turns using all available freight cars. ALL the coupled cars will now be dispatched along with the locomotive. They don't need to be in a straight line anymore.

7. Freestyle Farm Designer (FC): There are now 2 tools for the hard core designers which will allow you to get very creative in your farms easily.

Orange Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of Paths and Ponds. This tool upgrades your yellow hand Edit Tool and enables paths and water items to almost fully overlap other items.

Green Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of All but Plants. If you already own the Orange Freestyle Farm Designer you can buy this Green Freestyle Farm Designer to allow any item except plants (fields/crops/tress/flowers) to almost fully overlap other items.

You can use these tools while designing on others farms as well.

8. Bug Fixes and Improvements:

- A week ago we released a verison that should experience much less flash plugin crashes
- Situations like been unable to dispatch a train (even if the train was unloaded but not dispatched again) should now be pretty much fixed. If you get this again you most likely dispatched a train from another farm. We will provide soon more information about current dispatched trains.
- When hidding decorations, people will be hidden as well
- Sometimes there were some empty boxes in the belt manager window, this should now be fixed
- This bug "...Since I dispatched the train, that farm is highlighted when neighbors work my faciities" is now fixed
- When you are collaborating with another player designing a farm together, you should now experience less hangs and crashes. Also, you will be able to rotate trains and freight cars as well. In the next release the owner may allow you to rotate farmcash items as well.

9. Playground Gear Factory (Coins): Produces Playground Gear.

Teeter Totter
Slide
Swing
Dome Jungle Gym
Rope Jungle Gym
Train
Merry Go Round
Trampoline

10. French Restaurant (FC): Produces French Food.

Escargots
Croissant
Nicoise Salad
Tartiflette
Coq au Vin
Beef Burgundy
Lamb-Pork Baeckeoffe
Banana-Strawberry Bites

New or Updated related products on other facilities:

Snails in the Semi Trailer Truck
Canned tuna production increased by 50%

11. Playground (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

(All products from the Playground Gear Factory)

12. Day Care (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Chicken Noodle Puree
Apple Squash Oatmeal Puree
Macaroni Beef and Veggies Puree
Nasal Aspirator Set
Feeding Bowl Set
Rocker
Rocking Horse

New levels and Farm 16 in the next release.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Sep 1st, 1:40PM EST

- The bug with seeds dissapearing when scrolling is now solved but we still discovered some minor bugs on that area

Post Release Updates - Sep 1st, 2:45PM EST

- Seeds filtering/sorting should be solved now

Post Release Updates - Sep 6th, 2:30AM EST

- When changing the Seeds sort order (by harvest time, stored amount, etc) that sorting should not change randomly anymore

- Weird 'Seeds' and 'Realtor' filter words in Item Storage window Filter Dropdown removed

- When you are designing a farm for others realtime, if you have the freestyle tools that tool will also be shown in your toolbox, meaning you can select the green man walk tool to rotate items and then select the freestyle tool back from the toolbox to continue editing

- New Train Freight Cars are now live. Remember that when unloading the Cattle Car, the animals go directly to the item storage (not animal storage)

- The new people are now released in the new People category in the Store

- The Strawberry Icecream which was really a Bar in the Icecream Factory is now the Strawberry-Choco Bar

Post Release Updates - Sep 6th, 9:00PM EST

- The Mayor will now recognize the last 3 freight cars we launched to determine how many facilities to work, if you have at least 10 freight cars dispatched the mayor will do all facilities. THIS FIX WILL TAKE EFFECT AFTER 8 HOURS.

- Animals will not count anymore to determine the Usage of your item storage, meaning you can move any amount of animals to your item storage without using any slots, this also apply when unloading animals from the Cattle Freight Car to your item storage

- If you open the Train Manager and you see a message that you can't dispatch the train because you already have a train dispatched, that message will now include the farm you used to dispatch the previous train. To fix the issue and be able to dispatch a train again you need to first put a locomotive back on that farm and unload that previous dispatched train.

Known Issues

- None

Last edited by Raul; Sep 06 2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old Sep 01 2012, 12:16 AM

Thanks Raul..
Old Sep 01 2012, 12:21 AM

Woooooooohoooooooooo! More farms on the way! You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7

More goodies . . Thanks guys . . .wheeeeeeee!! and more people coming too. . . I am off to play now, thanks again. LOL

Awesome Thanx
Old Sep 01 2012, 12:23 AM

Awesome!! Thanks for the updates
Old Sep 01 2012, 12:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Kudos to the search option! I have been waiting for it for a LONG time!! That will save a LOT of time when I'm searching for one little thing in the shop!!

I don't know if this has anything to do with the update, but when I sort my seeder by "Stored Amount" my seeds all disappear. I have to reload the game to get it back. My seeds seem to be fine as long as I don't sort them out of the default setting. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: The seeds show up on the initial load....but as soon as you scroll, they disappear. I just called my friend in Oregon and had her try it and she said hers is doing it too.

Last edited by Time1ess; Sep 01 2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old Sep 01 2012, 12:25 AM
Account Not Linked

Thanks Raul thanks for the tools that lets us layer things on our farms. This will come in very handy.
Old Sep 01 2012, 12:28 AM

Thanks Raul great release

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Sep 01 2012, 12:30 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time1ess View Post
Kudos to the search option! I have been waiting for it for a LONG time!! That will save a LOT of time when I'm searching for one little thing in the shop!!

I don't know if this has anything to do with the update, but when I sort my seeder by "Stored Amount" my seeds all disappear. I have to reload the game to get it back. My seeds seem to be fine as long as I don't sort them out of the default setting. Anyone else having this issue?
GREAT update - thank you, but I have the same issue when seeding

on Chat Server: F3, Farm Server: w203
Closed Thread